SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

KatMaria

So those saying it wont, do you know roughly when? Obviously things seem to change on a daily basis with this ride. I would also figure they'd want soft oftens before any media preview, but that's just me. Not that I'm going to rush to ride, just curious.
For opening wise,Late May. But then again, things are changing daily. Soft opening wise, no idea.But I doubt it would be next week.They are being very mum on giving out when they will do any soft openings. So far, nothing is planned as of a few days ago when I last talked to my source.

Kman101

For opening wise,Late May. But then again, things are changing daily. Soft opening wise, no idea.But I doubt it would be next week.They are being very mum on giving out when they will do any soft openings. So far, nothing is planned as of a few days ago when I last talked to my source.

Thank you :)

Mawg

I've got a terrible feeling this new rocking roller coaster is causing some problems that they just can't get a handle on.

GrumpyFan

Nothing is "off." Incorrect on both counts. This is why it's best to not make assumptions based on no actual knowledge of the situation. Human nature causes paranoia to set in.
The best way to prevent assumptions and paranoia(?), is with credible information to the contrary. Do you have anything you can offer?

3rdShiftCM

From personal experience I can tell you, unless you're within leadership you have no idea what you're talking about.

Frontline CM's are just as, if not more gullible then everyday guests.

csm

The best way to prevent assumptions and paranoia(?), is with credible information to the contrary. Do you have anything you can offer?

Reread my previous posts over the past few pages. I've been doing exactly that while you've been spending your time ranting about people going off topic. Helpful, btw! ;)

The information is all out there. The problem is it's not the information people want to hear. I've said it before - I'll say it again - a handful of people HAVE been providing the facts, but since that fact isn't "It's open! Go ride!" no one will accept the updates they've been given.

GrumpyFan

Reread my previous posts over the past few pages. I've been doing exactly that while you've been spending your time ranting about people going off topic. Helpful, btw! ;)
Thanks, just trying to do my part to keep it on topic as the original post requested. But it seems futile with so many who can't read or refuse to follow simple instructions. I think the idea was to provide a place that was helpful in regard to the actual opening, not a bunch of the same stuff that's been posted so many times elsewhere. So, thank you for doing your part.

Vegas Disney Fan

I just came across this article wrote by Disney Dining, and it states that the CM's outside of the Mine Train are saying guests WILL NOT be riding until May.

May could be 5 days or 35 days away, not a huge wait if true.

I'm as excited as anyone for it to open and to read reviews but technically they still have 56 days until the end of spring (June 21st) to make their spring deadline. A CM I know was offered a ride tonight but it was cancelled due to a mechanical issue, she said she's been rescheduled to ride Monday. As CSM was saying above there are a lot of unknowns and it does make sense to have CM's and people they have some control over (but who will still do all the random tourist stuff) to test the ride and provide feedback about potential safety issues.

Did anyone notice the other day that DL Paris announced the official opening date for Ratatouille will be July 10th? I just thought it funny they know 2 1/2 months in advance exactly when they are opening but we are left guessing when 7DMT could open.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For you guys that keep complaining that this thread is going off topic or that the rumors people are hearing and posting are incorrect there is another thread that Steve created yesterday that only contains confirmed facts on soft openings. It's locked to all other posts. You can go there to get "just the facts".

phi2134

I have a really hard time believing that they would have taken all of the walls down if, at minimum, soft openings weren't imminent.
Some parts of me agree, but then I think, if I were Disney would I want people staring at construction walls or salivating over a ride people can look at and then make future plans to come back and spend more money to rideit? The ride will be open when it's open, but I feel like they have strategies for everything once the ride is finished enough.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some parts of me agree, but then I think, if I were Disney would I want people staring at construction walls or salivating over a ride people can look at and then make future plans to come back and spend more money to rideit? The ride will be open when it's open, but I feel like they have strategies for everything once the ride is finished enough.
I think if they took the walls down that just means most of the outside construction work is complete. They don't want guests looking at a construction site. We still don't know if all of the inside elements are fully functioning. Either way Disney is getting their money's worth (in attention) by drawing this thing out.

landauh

They most likely took the walls down for the media event. This way the invited media will have clear views for their reports.

Take this following information as you will, but the new Main Entrance Pass block out dates have been posted:
22 May - 06 June and 09 June - 31 July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom