SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

Vegas Disney Fan

A friend who's a backstage CM said her department was sent an email this morning asking for CM volunteers to ride tonight, she said she's signed up to ride after work. Anyone else heard anything about CM rides tonight?

ETA: I sent her a text asking when and she said it was cancelled due to a mechanical issue! Nevermind.

Last edited:

Ahall003

Yea find it odd as to why they'd be using the weights at this point, they've already had people on the ride for the commercial shoot...soooooo....

csm

Yea find it odd as to why they'd be using the weights at this point, they've already had people on the ride for the commercial shoot...soooooo....

I think everyone here is missing the point when they say people rode for the commercial shoot. That doesn't mean anything towards soft opening. Remember - those aren't "riders" - per say; they're paid actors - hired to do a job. When you're paying someone you can control their actions - IE keep your hands down at all times, etc. When you soft open something to the general public, you truly cannot. You can request, but everyone knows people will do what they want and it's very difficult to stop them once a roller coaster has started.

I'd suggest there's much more that must be prepped and considered prior to letting "just anyone ride it" versus a small, specifically briefed group of people there "hired to do a job."

Ahall003

I think everyone here is missing the point when they say people rode for the commercial shoot. That doesn't mean anything towards soft opening. Remember - those aren't "riders" - per say; they're paid actors - hired to do a job. When you're paying someone you can control their actions - IE keep your hands down at all times, etc. When you soft open something to the general public, you truly cannot. You can request, but everyone knows people will do what they want and it's very difficult to stop them once a roller coaster has started.

I'd suggest there's much more that must be prepped and considered prior to letting "just anyone ride it" versus a small, specifically briefed group of people there "hired to do a job."
All I meant was that if an actual person rode the ride regardless of what they were told to do or if it was for a job, as far as safety is concerned, I would think it wouldn't matter what the situation was, the ride itself would have to be safe.

csm

All I meant was that if an actual person rode the ride regardless of what they were told to do or if it was for a job, as far as safety is concerned, I would think it wouldn't matter what the situation was, the ride itself would have to be safe.

I respectfully suggest you take a moment to reread my reply in post #464. You're looking for a "black or white" situation, but preparing to open a major new attraction is all about the "greys." It's a big difference letting hired, paid extras ride it specifically for a closely controlled film shoot than to open the door to the masses. Big difference. That film shoot should in no way indicate a soft opening, and continuing to use it as justified hope is akin to beating a dead Horace Horsecollar.

orky8

This is my first post but I have been sulking around the forums for awhile. We will be there starting next Friday. Could they be testing with weights again to see how the swinging action is with the modified track pieces?
Umm, what modified track pieces? The things they modified were rock work and railings, unless I missed something.

Mr Bill

Agreed. The walls coming down means that soft openings can truly happen any day now. Probably not today if there is painting and any track work, but tomorrow or Sunday? Seems plausible.
Nah, nothing happening that soon.
I say tomorrow looks extremely likely. I'll be there around 5pm tomorrow evening.
Hope you've got backup plans.

Jefferson1964

I would think it will be up and running by May 1 based upon what is currently happening, if its sooner all the better. Looking forward to riding this mid May.

csm

I would think it will be up and running by May 1 based upon what is currently happening, if its sooner all the better. Looking forward to riding this mid May.

While anything is possible, at this point in the game it's probably best to not use the SOFT OPENING WATCH thread to instill false hope based on nothing more than "in a perfect world" opinion.

CheekBoys

csm

So, it will most likely be open or in soft openings after the media event. That sounds about right seeing that they are still testing with weights.

Or, a cast member outside the ride gave a broad month in an answer they were likely not authorized or qualified to clarify in the first place. Unpopular fact that many will not want to read here: it is not uncommon - in any theme park, not just Disney - for an opening crew to *not* be given specific dates and information on soft openings so as to not draw larger than normal crowds in the event that something prevents the tentative soft opening from occurring. I can't stand hearing people make those foolish "they don't know anything" generalizations about cast members of any theme park company - but - in the very specific case of pre-opening a new attraction, in many situations you'll find they learn the info from the same fan-based discussion forums as you do.

May is very likely. Assuming just because there is a media event - one that does not even mention RIDING the attraction - would not be the best course for predicting a date.

JRMFL

Worked Raceway cart again this morning. Surprised by the last walls being down. Construction crews all over the mountain all morning. Some painting being done. All this after the commercial filming, but then again they can (and will) alter anything and everything digitally in editing.

intertrashional

Umm, what modified track pieces? The things they modified were rock work and railings, unless I missed something.

Sorry about that, I read back through and I found what I was talking about in post #369. They were simply adjusting the swaying action, not the track. I don't remember where I heard they were doing something with the track. Apologies.

Kman101

So those saying it wont, do you know roughly when? Obviously things seem to change on a daily basis with this ride. I would also figure they'd want soft oftens before any media preview, but that's just me. Not that I'm going to rush to ride, just curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom