SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

csm

Diagon Alley is probably going to be in soft openings before mine ride, I already heard they are training their team members and running the ride. From the pictures, it seems that the outside is the only thing needing finishing.

I would highly advise you to not base your opinion on pictures - when all that is visible of this land is the entryway to begin with. I'd be shocked if Diagon Alley opens before Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Shocked. Current plans call for "all or nothing" in regards to the new land opening - and while other parts may be ready or close, Gringott's is not. Mid June is the goal. I anticipate you'll get an announcement later this week of an opening date on 6/20.

Obviously still nothing is firmed up on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train front, but something major would have to happen to prevent it beating Mid June. Sorry Doom & Gloomers!

KatMaria

I would highly advise you to not base your opinion on pictures - when all that is visible of this land is the entryway to begin with. I'd be shocked if Diagon Alley opens before Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Shocked. Current plans call for "all or nothing" in regards to the new land opening - and while other parts may be ready or close, Gringott's is not. Mid June is the goal. I anticipate you'll get an announcement later this week of an opening date on 6/20.

Obviously still nothing is firmed up on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train front, but something major would have to happen to prevent it beating Mid June. Sorry Doom & Gloomers!
With Mid-June being the goal, then mine will beat it. Which is good news.

csm

With Mid-June being the goal, then mine will beat it. Which is good news.

I'll caution you that jumping to conclusions in this industry is the fastest way to end up disappointed. Lots can happen. Diagon Alley can fall further behind. Mine Train can fall further behind. You never know until opening happens - and as Busch Gardens Tampa should have taught everyone last week, announcing an opening date does not mean you are out of the woods yet. It will open. When it opens, it opens. The sad truth is one to two weeks after it opens, it will be old news to everyone in this thread freaking out over it right now and then no one will mention it again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'll caution you that jumping to conclusions in this industry is the fastest way to end up disappointed. Lots can happen. Diagon Alley can fall further behind. Mine Train can fall further behind. You never know until opening happens - and as Busch Gardens Tampa should have taught everyone last week, announcing an opening date does not mean you are out of the woods yet. It will open. When it opens, it opens. The sad truth is one to two weeks after it opens, it will be old news to everyone in this thread freaking out over it right now and then no one will mention it again.

This is probably why Disney always holds of announcing official opening dates until the last minute.

KatMaria

Which would be why Disney isn't announcing an official opening date. Even my source said the opening date info was tentative on many things happening. Hopefully within the next few weeks things will become clearer, and everything will start moving forward. I for one, cannot wait for this ride to come onboard. We have been waiting long enough for it.

JafarMaleficent

About Diagon Alley I was told the other day that the ate being trained for the train. And when I was there recently they looked about done with the waterfront. And with how fast they are moving on it it should be open by June.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Which would be why Disney isn't announcing an official opening date. Even my source said the opening date info was tentative on many things happening. Hopefully within the next few weeks things will become clearer, and everything will start moving forward. I for one, cannot wait for this ride to come onboard. We have been waiting long enough for it.

Your right, I just looked up when they announced the date for the rest of Fantasyland and that was August 7th, 4 months before the opening. Didn't remember it being that long.

flyerjab

Is it safe to assume that the people/"actors" that we're riding the train during the commercial shoot signed something akin to a confidentiality agreement to not tell anyone what the ride was like?

I haven't necessarily been wrapped up in the whole soft opening business. However, I was hoping that one of the individuals that rode it for the commercial could have posted what the scenes looked like. But maybe that is not a possibility?

JungleTrekFan

Mine Train can fall further behind. You never know until opening happens - and as Busch Gardens Tampa should have taught everyone last week, announcing an opening date does not mean you are out of the woods yet.
I agree, when doing projects like Falcon and Seven Dwarfs, where you are using new technologies, it is probably more important to make sure everything can function as originally planned with day to day cast and guests, than set a date only to still be tinkering with the ride to make sure it is functioning best.

Edit: You can do a media event without small things working perfectly. like the areas they need to touch up paint, any minor load or unload issues, or software issues, etc. (these are just examples, i do not know if any of these examples are actual issues they are currently working on)

Last edited:

flyerjab

I find this unlikely also due to @WDW1974 posting about the sound problems they were unexpectedly experiencing with this ride. He posted about this on his Spring Break thread the other day. There is no way that Diagon Alley opens before Mine Train.

WDW1974

I find this unlikely also due to @WDW1974 posting about the sound problems they were unexpectedly experiencing with this ride. He posted about this on his Spring Break thread the other day. There is no way that Diagon Alley opens before Mine Train.

I would doubt that Diagon opens before the Dwarfs coaster. That has nothing to do with the noise issues they are having at UNI. If this project is going to be open for the media in five days, one would ASSume that it should be open for all guests VERY soon. ... I have no knowledge of this. But that is common sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom