soda refills in all parks

JESPOOH

Original Poster
Why does DW only have one refill station for soda, Epcot's Electric Umbrella? Don't you think they should have it in each park in at least one restaurant. When it is a hot day people tend to drink more and need refills.

Jerm

Why does DW only have one refill station for soda, Epcot's Electric Umbrella? Don't you think they should have it in each park in at least one restaurant. When it is a hot day people tend to drink more and need refills.

It is hot so people will have to pay for more to drink. All theme parks make the money off of merch, food and drinks....always been that way and always will. Also I don't believe the Electric Umbrella is actaully a refill station so much of a normal fountian that has just been taken as a refill station.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

When it's hot you should drink water...not soda.

scpergj

When it's hot you should drink water...not soda.

Amen to that! We really push water on the kids when it's hot. We usually bring our own bottles in, then refill at the water fountains as needed. Those will usually last half day, then we buy a couple more and refill as needed also.

Seasons, the food court inside the Land, has the so called "refill stations". It's nice cause i guess most people go by the unwritten rule that says you get unlimited refills with the cup you just purchased with your meal.

I really wish WDW would start putting Poweraid "on tap" like they do at the McDonalds here where I live. Atleast the Poweraid helps you rehydrate better than soda.

I would take that delicious ice cold coke vs the hot water i carried in ANY DAY....I CANT RESIST THE URGE OF A ICE COLD COKE, JUST BEGGING TO BE DRANK.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Seasons, the food court inside the Land, has the so called "refill stations". It's nice cause i guess most people go by the unwritten rule that says you get unlimited refills with the cup you just purchased with your meal.

I really wish WDW would start putting Poweraid "on tap" like they do at the McDonalds here where I live. Atleast the Poweraid helps you rehydrate better than soda.

I would take that delicious ice cold coke vs the hot water i carried in ANY DAY....I CANT RESIST THE URGE OF A ICE COLD COKE, JUST BEGGING TO BE DRANK.
Skim milk will rehydrate you much better than Powerade. :shrug:

unkadug

Skim milk will rehydrate you much better than Powerade. :shrug:

:hurl: sorry, I just can't imagine guzzling down a quart of milk when I'm all hot and dehydrated. I think it would probably come right back. :lookaroun

Plus, with price of milk nowadays...it's about to surpass the price of gas. :eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
:hurl: sorry, I just can't imagine guzzling down a quart of milk when I'm all hot and dehydrated. I think it would probably come right back. :lookaroun

Plus, with price of milk nowadays...it's about to surpass the price of gas. :eek:
I rarely drink water and never drink Gatorade/Powerade. I only drink milk when I'm hot and thirsty from exercise, hot and thirsty from heat I'll drink either milk or beer. :shrug:

olmec26

I think that WDW expects you to follow the "unwritten refill rule" at Electric Umbrella...they only sell the small drink size there, and it's about 20 cents more expensive than a normal small drink, if I remember correctly.

ETA: 50 posts!

yankspy

Now that I think about it, it is not as bad as you might think. When I used to work out a lot I used to drink those protein shakes that I made with milk after a workout. They did somewhat quench my thirst. However, the skim part,:hurl:. I just cannot bring myself lower than 2%.

BRER DAD

Water, Water, Water...........thats all you need to rehydrate yourself. You drink water during your activity, and Powerade or Gatorade after. Protein shakes w/milk or without should be taken 45 min. after your activity. Never drink milk when its hot out or your working out, it produces flem and will make you feel sick. Soda contains carbon dioxide, which is why you will feel full, bloated, and tired. Avoid a drink full of sugar if you can help it. Sugar free lemonade or sugar free ice tea is a great alternitive to water.

Mikester71

I rarely drink water and never drink Gatorade/Powerade. I only drink milk when I'm hot and thirsty from exercise, hot and thirsty from heat I'll drink either milk or beer. :shrug:

Spoken like a true Canadian! :ROFLOL:I must be the only Canadian I know who can't stand the taste of a nice, cold beer...I just never acquired the taste for it. I would have to agree on the milk too. Nothing is better than a nice, cold, tall glass of milk! :slurp:

unkadug

Spoken like a true Canadian! :ROFLOL:I must be the only Canadian I know who can't stand the taste of a nice, cold beer...I just never acquired the taste for it. I would have to agree on the milk too. Nothing is better than a nice, cold, tall glass of milk! :slurp:

Unless your body core temp has risen from physical exertion in the heat of summer in the south. Instant stomach milk curdle.

(or maybe it's just me:shrug:)

Kind of reminds me of a shooter called a Cement Mixer:
An interesting chemical reaction takes place in a shot glass when a Cement Mixer is made. As the shot sits, the Bailey’s and lime juice slowly mix together creating a thick slurry best compared to cottage cheese. Consider it more of a gag shot when you want to play a trick on someone.
Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 oz chilled Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
  • 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

hrcollectibles

To quote the great news caster mr Ron Burgundy

"It's so darn hot... milk was a bad choice."

ronburgundymilk.jpg

hrcollectibles

Unless your body core temp has risen from physical exertion in the heat of summer in the south. Instant stomach milk curdle.

(or maybe it's just me:shrug:)
Kind of reminds me of a shooter called a Cement Mixer:
An interesting chemical reaction takes place in a shot glass when a Cement Mixer is made. As the shot sits, the Bailey’s and lime juice slowly mix together creating a thick slurry best compared to cottage cheese. Consider it more of a gag shot when you want to play a trick on someone.
Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 oz chilled Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
  • 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

And trust me from experience that is the worst shooter of all time. Its now the shot we choose to buy people that are bothering us

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom