Soccer star booted from Epcot (yes, pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcotfan21

They're making a real effort at Food and Wine this year. My cousin got cut off a couple weeks ago and he was honestly fine and not overly drunk at all. I could tell that in two different spots later in the afternoon, the Cast Members made a real effort to hold a conversation with me before I placed my order. They both asked "how my day was going?" and "where was I visiting from?" Obviously those are subtle questions, but could be enough for them to gauge whether or not a person is drunk enough to hold a basic conversation/answer a question.

eliza61nyc

They're making a real effort at Food and Wine this year. My cousin got cut off a couple weeks ago and he was honestly fine and not overly drunk at all. I could tell that in two different spots later in the afternoon, the Cast Members made a real effort to hold a conversation with me before I placed my order. They both asked "how my day was going?" and "where was I visiting from?" Obviously those are subtle questions, but could be enough for them to gauge whether or not a person is drunk enough to hold a basic conversation/answer a question.

I'm actually glad to hear that and hope they begin the same exercise at Disney Springs. Saw some really obnoxious behavior from the "drunk and the stupid" outside Raglan Road on my last visit.

I realize that I am old but I gotta tell you, I never understood the allure of the "drinking around the world". I have a few young 30'sh coworkers with young kids who go to disney and then exclaim how they try to "drink around the world". I always end up saying..Seriously you take your kids, spend 1000's of dollars and the highlight of your family vacation is to get plastered???

lol maybe it's because my husband and I were dead broke the first few times we went to the world. the last thing we wanted to waste our hard earned dough on at the WDW was getting drunk. so many other things we wanted before.

Pixieish

I'm actually glad to hear that and hope they begin the same exercise at Disney Springs. Saw some really obnoxious behavior from the "drunk and the stupid" outside Raglan Road on my last visit.

I realize that I am old but I gotta tell you, I never understood the allure of the "drinking around the world". I have a few young 30'sh coworkers with young kids who go to disney and then exclaim how they try to "drink around the world". I always end up saying..Seriously you take your kids, spend 1000's of dollars and the highlight of your family vacation is to get plastered???

lol maybe it's because my husband and I were dead broke the first few times we went to the world. the last thing we wanted to waste our hard earned dough on at the WDW was getting drunk. so many other things we wanted before.

I hope you're right about Disney cracking down...it's been needed for a long time. When we were at F&W in 2015, all you could smell in WS was booze and too much cologne, and heaven help you if you weren't there to get drunk...you couldn't even walk the countries.

dreamfinder

Again Football makes nfl seem like a pauper. :rolleyes:

You mean for instance the millions paid in transfer fees? Like the reported 198 million Euros PSG paid for the rights to Neymar? Can't say that any NFL team ever paid/traded that much for a player. In fact, I think that's more than the whole salary for almost any NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB team. The only US team with a bigger payroll for 2017 is the Dodgers according to Spotrac. That is just to have the rights to sign a single player. Crazy.

Pro sports overall are out of control. Regardless of the league or country, no way that much money should be spent, and no way in heck millions of public money should ever go towards facilities for a pro team.

Brad Bishop

In the past when I went to Epcot my pattern typically was, "Oh, I'm in the UK.. I think I'll have a beer..," and then sometime later repeating the same thing but in Germany.

That's pretty much where it ended for me for walking around beer. I liked it but it wasn't a "drink around the world" or "see how drunk I could get"-sort of thing.

I know people who do that. They love the F&W festival and Epcot is basically a huge outdoor bar to them. They're paying big bucks for a cover charge to go drinking around a lake which has roughly what you'd find in your local Publix but selling a glass for what you'd pay for the bottle (at Publix) or a six pack. It's a thing and they do it.

F&W, while popular with everyone else, is not a thing for me. The expensive samples from various kiosks are typically equivalent to mediocre food trucks. The drinks you can typically find at Publix (also expensive).

I've signed up for one or two chef shows (not sure what you call them) where the chef prepares something and tells you all about it and then you get to eat a resulting plate of the product. That was usually pretty good (food) but I remember watching those and thinking, "I'm never going to do that in my own home." It was neat but I didn't feel like I learned anything from it. Conversely, I have learned things from Alton Brown (Good Eats!) and actually applied what he taught in my own kitchen.

I've done a wine tasting or two and, again, while interesting as the presenter would point out some subtleties in the wines or some things unique to the vineyard their from, a lot of it seems like over pretentiousness on the part of the wine tasters. I very much got the feeling from the wine tasters that were constantly popping up with comments that it was less about enjoying the wine and more about showing how much more sophisticated they were than others.

The F&G festival has always been a favorite. I really like to see Epcot with all of the flowers in the Spring.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The U.S. already has a sport called Football....hence why the other sport is called Soccer.
Oh you mean American rugby ... gotcha.
Rest of world ... Football
America .. too complicated lets rename it soccer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom