Soarin'

momrek06

Original Poster
:sohappy: HEY GANG: Anyone ride SOARIN of recent?? I have heard it is FABULOUS! I have serious motion sickness issues...well I be okay on THIS ride?? Let me know!!:lol:

dxwwf3

Shouldn't have any problem at all. Unless you are extremely scared of heights, nobody should be scared at all of Soarin'. There is very little movement and nothing scary.

Regardless of any ill affects to may expirience, it would totally be worth it to ride at least once. I wouldn't say the same of Space, but Soarin' is absolutely spectacular.

That said, aside from a couple of "high" moments, most of the ride is "low" to the ground and the feeling of motion isn't very extreme. If you can ride swings, you should be fine.

(I just got back from Epcot and the wait was 110 minutes! Well worth it.)

-Billy

Merlin

Account Suspended
momrek06 said:
:sohappy: HEY GANG: Anyone ride SOARIN of recent?? I have heard it is FABULOUS! I have serious motion sickness issues...well I be okay on THIS ride?? Let me know!!:lol:

Soarin' is more on a par with an IMAX film that features scenes of motion. If you have been on Back to the Future or Star Tours and can handle those, then you'll have no problem whatsoever with Soarin'.

ErickainPA

I don't think you will like Soarin' that much if you have serious motion sickness issues I just went on the ride 2 days ago and I don't get motion sickness, but some of the motions were making me feel sick. Mostly the changes are the worst as well as the lift off. I personally think you may want to skip it, or make it the very last ride of the night so if you get sick.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You sit on a park bench, park bench rises a little, you watch a film, sniff some smells and move from side to side.

Not worth it if your a chunderer.

got to keep the Q length down somehow:drevil:

ErickainPA

Definately get a fastpass if you decide to go on it. The que for the ride at about 3 pm was 150 mins (granted it was Christmas week (2 days after actually) We got a fastpass at 11 and we were in que for 4:30-5:30 that night.

Yo Ho

I know that this is not a trip planning board, but folks keep mentioning these huge waits for Soarin'. I am heading to Epcot on January 14, which is the Saturday before MLK day. Should I expect a long wait for the ride?

Thanks for any input!

Nemo14

Yo Ho said:
I know that this is not a trip planning board, but folks keep mentioning these huge waits for Soarin'. I am heading to Epcot on January 14, which is the Saturday before MLK day. Should I expect a long wait for the ride?

Thanks for any input!
In a word, yes!

junior247

soarin!

i just went on soarin a few weeks ago for the very first time, and yes, while it may move a little bit, I don't feel you will get sick from it. there are no intense or abrupt movements to scare you or anything. however, the most important thing with a big screen like that one is to keep looking forward. if you look to the side, youre more likely to get dizzy (and thats only if your peripheral catches any forward motion on that screen.)

go on it once, at least, and decide if you'll skip out on it the next time. at disney, dont hold back! (oh, and definitely fast pass it as soon as you can. I got to the park at 11am and the return time was 7:55) have fun!

DisneyBound

I nearly lost my lunch on StarTours and I had to sit for a while after Mission Space but Soaring I had no problem with...it was way cool. I think you will be fine!

fredtom

I have a sensitivity to motion sickness and have been on Soarin' twice with no problem at all. The motion is limited and very smooth and gentle. I never thought about having any trouble. If you are concerned, take a motion sickness relief tablet before (or just a half of one).
Try to get a FP if you can... and have some fun.

"An Adventurers life is best... !" :wave:

Uponastar

I'm prone to motion sickness, and rode Soarin' 10 times on our last trip in October and experienced no ill effects whatsoever. It is my new favorite attraction!
Having said that, everyone is different. I would just suggest trying it. It's too good to pass up.
If you decide to try it, this is what we did: On the days that we went to Epcot first thing in the morning, we would head straight to Soarin' and get a fastpass. Then we would get right in the line, which was usually not a long wait first thing in the morning. Then we would use our fastpass at the proper time. This would give us 2 rides each morning, with little to no wait!

If you go at any other time of day, just head straight for the fastpass. The standby line is always long throughout the day and evening. But, if you do decide to brave the long line, the wait is interesting! Lots of photos and trivia to keep you busy!

Have a great trip and let us know about it when you get back! :wave:

bgammill

Account Suspended
In reply to noname70, I don't think so, because the pre-ride queue video, they show the host character saying, "If the young ones don't measure up to the height requirement, then place the belt through the strap." And it showed a very small child.

bgammill

Account Suspended
noname70 said:
Is there a height requirement on Soarin' ?
I don't think so, because the pre-ride queue video, they show the host character saying, "If the young ones don't measure up to the height requirement, then place the belt through the strap." And it showed a very small child.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
The part at the beginning where you are lifted up to position kind of startled me a bit but once I opened my eyes it was like "wow"!! No motion sickness at all. Very tame ride..well worth the wait.

shoppingnut

So here's the scoop from someone who gets motion sickness. I get sick on Star Tours, Body Wars and got horribly sick on Mission Space, but did not get sick or even a feeling of anything on Soarin. The ride is very smooth, slow visual one and I was able to go on it 3 times in a row without a problem. I would highly recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom