Soarin'

bevoy

Just got back from WDW Jan 30th. I rode Soarin twice and waited under 10 minutes the first rid and approx 20 minutes for the 2nd (the following night). No need for FastPass. The ride was great!

I'm afraid of heights but being able to experience this without the fear was exhilirating. My experience on rides like this is if you feel the motion too much or the illusion of the experience is too great, you can look to the side of the theatre/ride and it immediately dissipates all those feelings. It's like you suddenly realize that you are only in a movie.

RonAnnArbor

Just a quick note on the fastpass - you were only able to do this because it is off peak...at peak times, the fastpasses are gone by 10:30 am, and the wait without can be 140 minutes and up...I am glad you got to ride it with little wait though! This is my favorite ride for sure.

mrtoad

My wife gets motion sickness really badly but she had no issue with it. She really, really liked it. She can't get from the resort to the parks on the bus without feeling ill yet she can do this ride, go figure...

swimmom

My husband has a problem with heights and IMAX & 360 films can make him feel ill, but he had no problem with Soarin'. Just as a precaution he took a Dramamine before we rode.

MissM

There shouldn't be a problem. I'm even terrified of heights (2nd floor scares me), but I did good with this one. It was so enjoyable you just get sucked into it.

I have a suggestion though. Instead of dramamine or something, try ginger pills. You can get them everywhere. Take one 30 minutes before and it'll help. Seriously, it's what sailers and such use. No side effects, no droziness.
-m

Timmay

I was able to get a seat in the front row, which is the top level after the lift...I really had no sensation of being lifted up due to the darkness before the film.

I know the first time I rode I had to close my eyes towards the end...I got a tiny bit disoriented...no big deal. Second time was fine.

I do not get motion sickness and have no trouble with any of the rides...other than Star Tours and BTTF for some reason. No other motion simulator gets to me except those two.

Captain Hank

MissM said:
I have a suggestion though. Instead of dramamine or something, try ginger pills. You can get them everywhere. Take one 30 minutes before and it'll help. Seriously, it's what sailers and such use. No side effects, no droziness.
-m
*Thread drift* Yeah, I recall seeing those on MythBusters. The ginger pills actually worked the best out of all of the non-medication seasickness remedies. They looked like they work pretty well.

MissM

Captain Hank said:
*Thread drift* Yeah, I recall seeing those on MythBusters. The ginger pills actually worked the best out of all of the non-medication seasickness remedies. They looked like they work pretty well.
Yeah that prompted us to look into it. Poor Love gets so motion sick he can't ride like Dumbo. Anything that goes in a circle makes him vomit. He's tried it and it's really, really helped. So now I recommend it as a good alternative. :)
-m

mikeymouse

Soarin' made me nauseated and at one point, I wanted off NOW, but I was totally fine on Mission:Space. GO FIGURE! I would have regreted missing Soarin' tho. Try it once. U don't have to go back. Unlike M:S, you can look up, down, to the sides, or close your eyes if u feel ill.

Cliffordsmon

My husband gets motion sick if you just look at him wrong and this is his favorite ride. The first time he rode it he was EXTREMELY nervous but when the ride was finished he was smiling, relaxed and ready to ride again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom