Soarin' vs. Food Rocks

Steamboat_Kevin

I also liked Food Rocks. It was an entertaining little show, and you never had to wait for it or anything.

However, Soarin' is a much better attraction and probably my favorite at WDW, so I'm not too upset that we got Soarin' in place of Food Rocks.

DisneyAnole

I wouldn't call Soarin' the "replacement ride" for Food Rocks. That makes it sound like Soarin' was built within the confines of the area that Food Rocks existed in - but uh.. Soarin' is a slightly bigger attraction and takes up the space where Food Rocks was and tons more. I also feel you're kinda comparing apples to oranges here. They're very different experiences.

Wow I had never heard (until now) people referring to Soarin' as "overrated." I've always loved it and never tire of it. I will say this... it makes a HUGE difference where you sit folks. If you aren't sitting in Bravo 1, the experience isn't half as good imho.

That's a good point. A lot depends on where you sit when you ride Soarin'. That's another problem I have with it, though. If you happen to have a seat close to the edge of the screen, it really ruins the illusion as it is abundantly clear that you are staring at a screen. I can't imagine waiting hours in line to get one of those edge-of-the-screen seats.

fabdisbabe

I'm still trying to figure out what Soarin' Over California has to do with food and nutrition.

Kitchen Kabaret ALL THE WAY!

David Mumford told me that the Imagineers were just as horrified and disappointed with Food Rocks as us Disney Dweebs - that when he saw the model, he said, "Oh, this is the mockup - where's the model?"
The guy working on FR replied: "That *is* the model."

(They make paper and cardboard mockups before actually starting on the model, you see.)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I never liked food rocks/Kitchen Kabaret. It always fell into my "creepy" category. Singing produce and dairy items never did anything for me. *shudders*

The queue for Soarin was a great replacement for this attraction... IMO of course.

pirate-princess

food rocks! that was funny even though it was aimed at little ones my and my sister always insisted on seeing it!

and for years after when one of the songs came on the radio back home we would sing the different lyrics!

as for whats better i guess soarin is more different and you feel cheated if you dont ride it while at a trip to epcot

kjd469

Gosh, I thought my family was the only one who loved Food Rocks - perhaps because we were often the only ones in the theatre!! We still mourn it's demise, and are thrilled when we hear one of the songs or artists that was parodied in the show. It was always a welcome break and an amusing way to educate the kids on nutrition. While we love Soarin', we just wish they could have found a way to keep Food Rocks alive. Cheesy as it was, it will always have a place in our hearts!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom