Soarin' Video!- Here ya go...

dolbyman

nice video ..

I have a very good copy of the californian soarin on my server (much better quality including the queue area) and a dolby headphone surround audio file (of the wdw attraction)

Kwit35

Thanks for the video. Don't know when my next trip is, but can't wait to see it in person. Do they do other sensory things, like scent? CAN you smell the pine trees, as mentioned above? CAN you feel the sea spray? Just wondering.

dolbyman

CAN you smell the pine trees, as mentioned above? CAN you feel the sea spray?

I got wet when I rode it a month ago ... but the only scents the were there (at this time) were some strange ocean breeze and the orange fields

spoodles

Kwit35 said:
... Do they do other sensory things, like scent? CAN you smell the pine trees, as mentioned above? CAN you feel the sea spray? Just wondering.
Absolutely! The pine smell was my favorite, but the oranges and the salt air were great too.

goofyfan13

Yea, the orange scent is my girlfriends favorite part. Thanks for the video! That'll hold me over until I can get back on it. I'm going to have to request car B row 1 next time cause my mom and dad will be riding it for the first time, if you allowed to request a row and car. (hopefully)

jmuboy

I've ridden the DCA version many times. But this video is a GREAT way to entertain myself until I can get to WDW in June and DL in July.

ProjectTracker

goofyfan13 said:
Yea, the orange scent is my girlfriends favorite part. Thanks for the video! That'll hold me over until I can get back on it. I'm going to have to request car B row 1 next time cause my mom and dad will be riding it for the first time, if you allowed to request a row and car. (hopefully)

Yes, your able to resquest a row and seat but only if it's available. If not then your pretty much stuck with it or you could just wait for the next round.

Disneyfan1981

I love this ride and ride it everytime I hit DCA. I haven't had a chance to hit the Epcot version yet but from what I've read on the net after Disney's 50th is over a new film will be done exclusively for Epcot so hopefully that one will be ready by the time I head back!

SpenceMan01

LilMommyBug said:
<strike>I can't see it. :(</strike>

Nevermind. I was trying to view it using Firefox. I used IE and it worked!

I'm using FF and got it working just fine. In fact, all of TK421's videos work fine for me. Lucky me... no problems! :)

goofyfan13 said:

I've found that the CM's at WDW are VERY accommodating as far as seating requests go. Not sure if this extends to new attractions, but I didn't get denied on any of the ones I asked for it on. (RnRC, TT, SpaceMtn).

SpenceMan01

I forgot to mention that I am pretty disappointed with the transitions between scenes on the ride. I figured Disney could do something a bit better than simple cuts timed to bursts of music.

Testtrack321

SpenceMan01 said:
I forgot to mention that I am pretty disappointed with the transitions between scenes on the ride. I figured Disney could do something a bit better than simple cuts timed to bursts of music.

I disagree, while transitions would be nice, the problem is that in it's format the transitions would look corny at best, limmiting at worst. How would you transfer between the mountains and yellowstone? Clouds? More clouds?

General Grizz

A video does not give the ride justice... so those of you afraid the ride will be spoiled, have no worries. I had seen it several times before experiencing the ride. It is remarkable!

Thanks for the new video, guys :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom