Soarin Soars at Epcot!

WDWGuy

Original Poster
I just wanted to write and say Thank You to all of you who have been posting about Test Rides being done at Soarin'. I had the chance to be in Orlando on Monday and was lucky enough to be part of 2 of the "flights" that day...Soarin' will truely become an Epcot favorite..I am positive of that.

The previews were fun and it was great for guests to see a little bit of "backstage"...which Disney doesn't do often (minus the blatent walk backstage provided at Fantasmic! on busy Summer days at the Studios)...I truely loved the massive queue to this attraction. The atcual theatres are just fun to look at!

Now get out there and smell those oranges!!

WDWGuy

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'll be at Epcot tomorrow attempting to Soar over California... in Florida :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
well, I've ridden it in Cali before... several times...

but as far as WDW...

I am not a CM, nor was I there during CM previews :zipit:

:lol:

Woody13

mkt said:
well, I've ridden it in Cali before... several times...

Good, then you'll be able to compare and contrast both versions.

mkt said:
but as far as WDW...

I am not a CM, nor was I there during CM previews :zipit:

:lol:

Well then, just don't tell us about that part, in public. :animwink:

tn1999

i have noticed that they are prettying up the backstage exit for Fantasmic! with period lamposts and trees... maybe decorative walls to obstruct views will be next?

KevinPage

Can we claim that Disney is cheap by dropping the "Over California" monicker since they didn't want to pay for the lettering :confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shello1113

I can not wait to ride either!!! I think atleast, I don't know much about it. What exactly does it do? Is it a type of simulated ride, or what? I feel so out of the loop on this one. I am coming at the end of April, do you think I'll get to ride??????????

MichelleBelle

I rode "Soarin" in DL a couple years ago and I don't want to say that it wasn't cool, because it was, but I wasn't ready to "go on" it again after. For some reason it just didn't do much for me. The concept of the movement with the movie the way it is was pretty incredible but I don't know if I'd wait more than 15-30 minutes to go on it. Does anyone else feel like this? I mean, Soarin is definately something cool for Disney to add to Epcot, but I feel like it's being a little over-hyped, that's all.

Please don't kill me. :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
MichelleBelle said:

Nah...I won't kill ya... :lol:
However, I will disagree. After my wife and I first rode Soarin at DCA we immediately looked at each other and said "Again!", and proceeded to ride it about 5-6 times that day.

Can't explain exactly why....but I love that ride, and so will guests at Epcot.

MichelleBelle

If I remember correctly, I did feel sort of refreshed after the ride - don't they have "wind" that blows on you? It definately is a cool experience... but then again, i'm one of those people who's not as into the movie-type attractions and shows.

I really do think it was a great addition though... I just feel like I missed something when I read everyone's great experiences on it because I didn't really feel amazed after, that's all...

Anyhoo, I'll shut up now...

Shaman

Lee said:
Nah...I won't kill ya... :lol:
However, I will disagree. After my wife and I first rode Soarin at DCA we immediately looked at each other and said "Again!", and proceeded to ride it about 5-6 times that day.

Can't explain exactly why....but I love that ride, and so will guests at Epcot.

Same thing with me...after the first time I rode it I just to ride it again...and again...and again...

One of the few things I liked from DLR :lookaroun... :lol:

TimeTrip

MichelleBelle said:
If I remember correctly, I did feel sort of refreshed after the ride - don't they have "wind" that blows on you? It definately is a cool experience... but then again, i'm one of those people who's not as into the movie-type attractions and shows.

Yes, there is definitely something that blows on you. I for one was kind of disappointed in Soarin (at Epcot). Didn't really catch a story line as to what exactly was going on, other than that we were randomly flying over different places. Maybe when its officially open it will be better tied together. The effect of raising the seats to the screen is quite neat, but overall the ride was too gentle for my liking ;). Oh yeah, and the pre-show guy toally snaps me out of their theming, because all I can think of is Family Guy :)

Daannzzz

MichelleBelle said:
I rode "Soarin" in DL a couple years ago and I don't want to say that it wasn't cool, because it was, but I wasn't ready to "go on" it again after. For some reason it just didn't do much for me. The concept of the movement with the movie the way it is was pretty incredible but I don't know if I'd wait more than 15-30 minutes to go on it. Does anyone else feel like this? I mean, Soarin is definately something cool for Disney to add to Epcot, but I feel like it's being a little over-hyped, that's all.

I enjoy Soarin' over California. It is extremely pleasent but IMHO it is a D ticket. A nice D ticket, which is fine. Jerry Goldsmith's musical score for the film is 1/3 of what makes this a good ride.

philsfan2185

Soarin' was awesome, I was in the second test group when the soft opening started on March 16th. It is like no other attraction at WDW. Even though it is originally from DL, I still think it will be a big hit. Hopefully I'll be going back in August to ride it when it is officially opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom