soarin question

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
This may be a dumb question but i was curious...those that have been on SOARIN in epcot, do you think a 3 1/2 year old can go on that ride?

2excitedkids

funny i should stumble across this, we just went first week of feb. for our first trip, our daughter was 3 1/2 and my son was 6. we all rode soarin (the 3 year old loved it), tower of terror, splash mountain, big thunder mountain, test track 2 times because she loved it so much, haunted mansion. she was crying when we got off of big thunder mt only because she wanted to ride it again. this was her first time ever experiencing rides like this. we had a blast, we didn't think that she would do big rides, but she liked tower of terroe just didn't want to ride it again!

vadsnylvr

They have to be 40 inches tall to get on it. Other than that, I say it depends on the child. Are they afraid of heights? if so this may not be the best for them. The motion isn't too bad on it so they could always close their eyes if they get scared. When my daughter was almost 4 I took her on Body Wars and she kept slipping through the belt and it terrified her. It all comes down to what kind of rides the child can handle. I am afraid of heights, but Soarin' seemed easier to handle than Dumbo (mainly because I could close my eyes in scary parts). Call me crazy!:shrug:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Considering it is an "E" ticket ride, it may be one of the most accomodating for all ages. The unknown has some people nervous, but once it starts, most everyone is enthralled. As far as the height thing...., there are three rows of seats per unit. If height is at all an issue, ask to be seated in row three (the unit gets into position by stacking row 2 on top of 3 and 1 on top of two. There is a slightly different seat restraint for smaller children for their comfort, otherwise most will love it.

With that said, you can just never tell as some young ones love RnRC or Tower, I have seen 7-8 year olds scared and freak out on test track... my 11 y/o loves RnRC, is OK on Tower and does not like Haunted Mansion, there just isn't a formula, so ultimately, you are the best judge.

Gagesmom314

Our last trip my son was 3 almost 4 and was scared to death by BTMR but loved everything else he went on. It depends on the child. Gage was scared by the dark on BTMR. But did not mind it on POTC.

DVC Dave

This may be a dumb question but i was curious...those that have been on SOARIN in epcot, do you think a 3 1/2 year old can go on that ride?

I was going to post a similar question. My Wife, 6 year old Daughter and I psyched our self out of riding Soarin last October due the the "fear of heights" warning.

Does the Ride.....Swoop. i mean does it move quickly toward the screen so that the movie mixed with the ride would be even more scary? We all have some height issues but would really like to ride it.

If there is goign to be some spoiler info you could personal message me or send me an email. I wish there was a ride through video or something!

But that was a good tip about riding in the back rows.

Captain Hank

I was going to post a similar question. My Wife, 6 year old Daughter and I psyched our self out of riding Soarin last October due the the "fear of heights" warning.

Does the Ride.....Swoop. i mean does it move quickly toward the screen so that the movie mixed with the ride would be even more scary? We all have some height issues but would really like to ride it.

If there is goign to be some spoiler info you could personal message me or send me an email. I wish there was a ride through video or something!

But that was a good tip about riding in the back rows.
There is actually very little, and very mild "swooping" in Soarin'. When I described it to guests, I likened it to watching an IMAX film in a rocking chair with your feet dangling. There really is not much more motion than that. The only true "swoops" come at the very beginning and very end, as the vehicle acends to and decends from its "up" position. Even these are very mild, and it is fairly dark at the time, so you really don't feel much movement at all. Overall, I would rate Soarin' around a 2 out of 10 for scariness (a little higher if you're very afraid of heights, though, but not much more at all). The movie itself is very sedate, and not scary in any respect.

lilclerk

My best friend is terrified of heights, but he INSISTED on going on Soarin so much that it was the very first thing we did on his first trip.
We ended up sitting in the middle row that time. He loved it.
Our last day, we park hopped and went to Epcot so he could ride Soarin again. We asked the woman seating us if we could sit in front and she ended up being from our hometown, so she let us in the front.
Well my poor friend was completely horrified and had his eyes closed and had a very strong grip on me and my boyfriend (he sat in between us) the entire ride. It was so sad considering how much he loved it the first time. =\ So if you have a fear of heights, I would not ride in the front.
The ride barely moves, though, so that shouldn't be a problem. The movie makes you feel like you're moving more than you are.

The ride is amazing, though. I cried =) But I cry a lot in Disney, I'm just so happy to be there.
I'm such a girl.

Boray

The first time my daughter went on Soarin', she was 3 1/2. It is her favorite ride in all of WDW. She's been on it 3 times and loves it more each time. We listen to the music for the ride often. I'm not great with heights, but it's one of my top 5 favorites. The restraint system is actually pretty good. The belt can thread through a loop between your legs on the chair, so it's difficult to slip through. I would recommend this ride to anyone. If you're afraid of heights, close your eyes and just listen to the beautiful music. It's an amazing attraction.

RSoxNo1

It's a fantastic ride, isn't nausea inducing at all, and unless you have a fear of heights, I see no problems with anyone riding it.

DVC Dave

Thanks everyone! Those were very helpful!! We will definatly make it a must do on our next trip ( although we will ask not to sit in the front!)

eroyee

:wave: I am petrified of heights. I have road Soarin numerous times in each row and it didnt bother me at all. Its a great ride............

smayco

There is actually very little, and very mild "swooping" in Soarin'. When I described it to guests, I likened it to watching an IMAX film in a rocking chair with your feet dangling. There really is not much more motion than that.

I love that analogy; it's perfect! I am also afraid of heights, and I thought Soarin' was THE best ride in all of WDW. (I was in Row 2 both times I rode it.) With Soarin', as well as Star Tours and Mission:Space Green, I found that if the motion seemed too intense at some point, I'd just close my eyes for a second and it would decrease the intensity quite a bit.

~Sue

DVC Dave

I love that analogy; it's perfect! I am also afraid of heights, and I thought Soarin' was THE best ride in all of WDW. (I was in Row 2 both times I rode it.) With Soarin', as well as Star Tours and Mission:Space Green, I found that if the motion seemed too intense at some point, I'd just close my eyes for a second and it would decrease the intensity quite a bit.

~Sue

Awesome I can't wait to try it next time we go. ( and a little sad we chickened out this time!)

MattyFresh

Does anyone have a preference to what row to ride soarin?? The one time I did it I was in the middle row, didn't know if it would make a huge difference to be all the way up top or not?

hrcollectibles

The first and only time I road soarin I was in the front row, keep in mind i haven't been back to Epcot since but plan on riding it everytime I go :). I am terrified of heoghts and had no problem sitting in the front

lilclerk

I know most people say the front row is best, but I sat in the front row and the middle row, and I preferred the middle. Yes, you see feet a little bit, but in the front row you could see the top of the screen more. It ruined the illusion a bit for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom