News Soarin' Over California returning to EPCOT for a limited time

gorillaball

I don't see that.

Here's the super wide queues for Stand-by and LL.

View attachment 769660

However, they do narrow. The question is can they narrow down into four lines?

Here is the one side, which pinches people down from a very wide queue to just side-by-side. It has railing that comes out of nowhere to do the pinching. It and that trashcan can move. This would create two LL lanes: one for show A and one for show B.

View attachment 769656

And this side has no pinching at all, it stays very wide. Easy to create a line for show A and one for show B.

View attachment 769661
So Much room. So Many options.

Fido Chuckwagon

According to an update on the Walt Disney World website, Soarin' Over California will be available through February 27.

Soarin' Around the World returns February 28.

"Glide through the air on Soarin’ Around the World—returning on February 28, 2024! Until then, enjoy Soarin’ Over California through February 27, 2024."
IMG_0227.gif

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In theory, I agree.

In practice? They’re broke.
No no, they have billions in cash on hand, Hulu revenue coming, and Disney+ will be mining gold for the company starting in July. And $60 billion in DPEP investments coming (starting in 5 years). Everything is fine. Why, I'm sure right now they have a long list of projects they are going to unveil soon. Remember - Bob said "capacity expansion", so it must mean the parks are getting huge dollars thrown at them soon. (he wouldn't just be talking about DVC and cruise ships, would he?)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a new Soarin’ film once a decade. Same goes for Canada, China, the Land, and Mission Space.

The China film was supposed to happen, along with upgrading the theater to be a "seamless" 360 experience...but that was announced in like 2018 or something, before COVID, before the major issues in Hong Kong, etc....basically I don't think we're going to see it happen for a long time.

Haymarket2008

This was WONDERFUL to experience again.

I don't mean this in a negative way, but it is wild to see how the OG show has started to show its age. Just in forms of film quality. It still is a gorgeous experience, though.

PizzaPlanet

The China film was supposed to happen, along with upgrading the theater to be a "seamless" 360 experience...but that was announced in like 2018 or something, before COVID, before the major issues in Hong Kong, etc....basically I don't think we're going to see it happen for a long time.
Yeah… but with a company like Disney they should have the resources to figure it out. If filming is an issue, replace it with a bigger and better attraction.

The Empress Lilly

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a new Soarin’ film once a decade. Same goes for Canada, China, the Land, and Mission Space.
It's amazing how much you could update a movie by inserting a few contemporary scenes. You can keep your Rocky Mountain flyover shot for thirty years. And then send a crew with nine iPhones on a drum to shoot ten seconds of purple-haired Montréal youth to update the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom