News Soarin' Over California returning to EPCOT for a limited time

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
They should do more of this, on a rotation. Show Magic Carpet Around the Word or America 360 in a circlevision. Put Magic Journeys into a theater for awhile. Bring back “classic“ CoP. Country Bear Vacation Hoedown. The Mickey Mania parade — ok, maybe not. But i would show up for Castle Cake 2.0 anytime!

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

They should do more of this, on a rotation. Show Magic Carpet Around the Word or America 360 in a circlevision. Put Magic Journeys into a theater for awhile. Bring back “classic“ CoP. Country Bear Vacation Howdown. The Mickey Mania parade — ok, maybe not.
I would not mind seeing Magic Journeys in 3d. Seeing how many kids or adults wet their seats after that witch scene will certainly be a good laugh.

doctornick

They should probably do what they do with the theater in France. First half of the day its World and later on its California. That way guests will come in during both times depending on which show they prefer.
Doesn’t really work I don’t think since the smellilizers at least would need to be prepped for a specific show. But you could do different theaters with different shows as I mentioned and then just run it like M:S and offer both options

Disney Analyst

Still like the idea of different theaters with different film. Why not permanently have both California and World available?

Probably logistically a challenge. Unless it’s random and you don’t know what you are getting until the ride starts. Otherwise you need two different lines… that guests can choose which one they want.

AndyS2992

Ugh, Around the World is much better, it actually has some (half arsed) transitions rather than lazy jump cuts. I'd rather they randomise it and you could get either, rather than just the one.

JohnD

As part of the Disney100 celebration, Soarin' Over California will return for a limited time beginning September 22.

As a production, it was always the better version even when limited to CA. Goldsmith's music was in sync, no weird buildings at odd angles, better smells (who can forget CA orange groves?), no obvious CGI transitions which you could spot immediately. Soarin Around the World was great in concept but failed to deliver. Glad the original is back for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom