Soarin over America...

G00fyDad

Whatever you call it, it was a good effort (should have ended in WDW though).

I agree, but was that video expressly intended to be an update video (albeit fan made) for Soarin? If not then that is why it did not end in WDW. Maybe the person (people) that made it did not want to infringe on some copyright by Disney so they made it as close to Disney as possible without actually adding anything Disney related in the video.

NewfieFan

I love my country Canada of America. :rolleyes: Seriously dude, seriously!?!

Anyhow, the video is clearly all shot in the United States of America and therefore Horseshoe Falls should not have been in the video. If it had been a video of "America" and showed scenes from all over the continent, fine... but it didn't. It was clearly a video of just the USA.

Could this be something for another theme park (not a Disney theme park). Does Disney own the concept to a flying simulator ride with a screen?

But on the topic of Soarin'... I'd love to see an update that covers the world and focuses more on the natural features of earth. It would be a good fit for The Land pavilion. And of course, it should end with us flying over Spaceship Earth and Illuminations going off in the lagoon.

RSoxNo1

Is there any reason a Soarin' update shouldn't contain the rest of the world?

Not that I care. The most I'll say for Soarin' is that it's got a phenomenal Goldsmith score that should never go away. I am kinda dumbfounded that this thing draws in so many people and consistently is the longest wait in the park. It tells me that:

1. People are bored with everything else in EPCOT
2. People would rather look at a giant screen than experience any of the other stuff
3. I've lost all faith in humanity
I think a Soarin' upgrade should be Soarin' over the World, I think at least one additional theater should be constructed, and I think the queue should originate in the Millenium Village area.

iheartdisney91

it's a neat video, but i doubt it's Disney's.
if they do anything to "Soarin" they should clean the screen its projected on to.

we rode on the bottom row and the spots on the bottom of the screen/projection were really bad, and distracting from the actual attraction.

row 1-2 are perfect though.

JIMINYCR

I'm confused by this post. You're saying that you don't like the scents and golf ball effect in Soarin?

I LIKE Soarin... just was saying those things were missing from the video, so those things made it apparent it wasnt a Disney made video.

Clever Name

So you're saying that it is a fact that they are called Canada of America, Mexico of America, etc...?
No, I did not say that at all. Your frustration with this topic has caused you to lose focus and go off on a rant. I clearly stated that no other country uses "America" in its name. Let me provide some additional help. We don't call the U.S. President the "President of America". He is called the President of the United States.
color.GIF

Adam5897

Then it would need to be retitled to "Soarin' Over The USA" since the USA is only one small part of America.
Its thinking like this that has to be so technical and precise that makes the whole basis for an idea lost. Before you know it people are worrying more about what the attraction is called instead of the actual attraction. Its the same stupid argument for a Christmas tree having to be called a "holiday tree". If you don't want to be involved with a religious holiday known as Christmas then don't celebrate it and let everyone else enjoy it. Same thing goes with this thread if you don't like the name then don't comment on it. If you actually think Soarin should be renamed does that change the ride or anything about the experience? NO. So leave it alone the way most people like it.

Clever Name

Its thinking like this that has to be so technical and precise that makes the whole basis for an idea lost. Before you know it people are worrying more about what the attraction is called instead of the actual attraction. Its the same stupid argument for a Christmas tree having to be called a "holiday tree". If you don't want to be involved with a religious holiday known as Christmas then don't celebrate it and let everyone else enjoy it. Same thing goes with this thread if you don't like the name then don't comment on it. If you actually think Soarin should be renamed does that change the ride or anything about the experience? NO. So leave it alone the way most people like it.
I wonder why Disney changed the name of the attraction when they brought it to EPCOT?

DisneyparkFreak

Not sure if this is for sorin or not. the theming just doesn't seem to fit Epcot, maybe CA but not epcot unless they are interested in placing sorin at the American Adventure. A more global theme to me would fit EPCOT more appropriately.

BigThunderMatt

No, the USA is not America. The USA is part of America. USA is the United States of America. It is not the United States America. In common usage, people like to shorten names and in informal slang the term "America" was used instead of the correct name, Untied States of America. Also, the USA is the only country to use "America" in its name.

Mexico could use the name United Mexican States of America if they desired.

So the fact that the Japanese word to refer to an individual from the USA is "Amerikajin" and not "Iiyuuesueejin" means nothing to you in the sense that people from other countries clearly refer to us as Americans...? And that there is, in fact a difference between a Canadian and a Canadian-American or a Mexican and a Mexican-American? FFS get over yourself.

Clever Name

So the fact that the Japanese word to refer to an individual from the USA is "Amerikajin" and not "Iiyuuesueejin" means nothing to you in the sense that people from other countries clearly refer to us as Americans...? And that there is, in fact a difference between a Canadian and a Canadian-American or a Mexican and a Mexican-American? FFS get over yourself.
The term "American" to refer to citizens of the USA is a colloquialism. Nothing wrong with using such terms.

The terms Mexican American and Canadian American are used to denote ancestry and descent. Cuban American, Chinese American, African American, German American, Franco American, Pacific Island American, Korean American, Russian American, Polish American, Japanese American, etc. are all common terms and they relate to politcal borders and cultural background.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom