Soarin' Official!

SNS

Are we sure this isn't going to replace anything? In another board, everyone keeps saying that it will replace Food Rocks.

TP2000

Originally posted by SNS
Are we sure this isn't going to replace anything? In another board, everyone keeps saying that it will replace Food Rocks.

Miceage had a story a few months ago about Soarin' going in at The Land and using the Food Rocks facility as the entry and boarding area for Soarin. According to that report the pre-show and boarding area for the Epcot version will be themed to a modern day airport, rather than the "high desert airfield testing center" that is the theme for Soarin' at DCA.

I don't know the exact date of that Miceage update, but it was very detailed and it was released at least 3 or 4 months ago.

stitch rocks

Originally posted by Dean[AU]
With EPCOT.. why didnt they make it around the WORLD?

thats what i was kinda wondering... i hope they do change it... before it opens or after... the attraction is one of a kind... it's one of my favorites at DCA... and if it does replace food rocks it would be different... i find the place a little boring i dunno but maybe if they redo the place and make the movies more upto date and more for today it would be appealing..i dunno.. watching those movies from the 80's jsut aren't appealing to me.... and i the only one out there???

ImSweetPea

X2CommNavISTC
Ok, well there will be yet another ride I dont go on at EPCOT. Ill take a few pics but I wont go on it. This is Florida for cryin out loud! No offence to you people in Cali but I could care less about Cali (Except for DisneyLand). Make the attraction with a new video of flyin over the park or Florida or something!

I will have to agree with you.. althoyugh I will be first in line.. I think it would be really cool to have a fly over of Disneyworld, and not Calif.

ImSweetPea

I hope Food Rocks stays! I can always remember going there and it being a place for the family to just sit down and relax.. and laugh!!!!!!! I cannot remember the name of what it used to be called ... but nevertheless its a great show!!!!!!!! Im voting it stays!! NOT THAT MY VOTE COUNTS!!!!

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
You people talk of mountains and all.

Well us Floridians are proud of our highest spot, 346 feet! Give it up for us!

Seriously, did some of you know that Big Thunder, Splash, and even space mountain and soon to be everest are actually considered REAL Mountains to many of us down here.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Ok, well there will be yet another ride I dont go on at EPCOT. Ill take a few pics but I wont go on it. This is Florida for cryin out loud! No offence to you people in Cali but I could care less about Cali (Except for DisneyLand). Make the attraction with a new video of flyin over the park or Florida or something!

I just rode Soarin out in Cali last Christmas, and I'd be more than happy to have it at Epcot and ride it again even if the movie is still flying over California.

While I wouldn't consider it an "E" ticket ride thrill-wise, it would be an "E" ticket in the vein of Small World, etc...

Flying over Florida would be boring...flat...flat...flat...watch out for the gator...nice bikini...flat...flat...flat...orange tree...flat...lol

Langdonj

I really enjoyed Soarin'

Having ridden Soarin', I can assure you it will be well received. I thought the idea of a California Themed Park in Cali was an odd idea, though I enjoyed the park. In Florida this ride should work even better, since many folks will get to see things they never get to see. Soarin' also provides a great experience, along the lines of a thrill, but more in Keeping with Disney's family atmosphere. You do get a sensation of flying, without getting knocked around, and without loosing your wonderful Disney experience meal.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by MichRX7

Flying over Florida would be boring...flat...flat...flat...nice bikini

Hey, whats wrong with having a movie solely based on flying over Florida beaches and seeing bikinis as far as the eye could see eh?

Whats so boring about that?

:cool:

stitch rocks

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Hey, whats wrong with having a movie solely based on flying over Florida beaches and seeing bikinis as far as the eye could see eh?

Whats so boring about that?

:cool:

ummm do u want to tramatize children? it would be the making of me all over again... <shudder>

S.I.R.

The Travel Channel is running a show on the Disneyland Resort which features a segment on Soarin. For those of you who are wondering what the ride is like.

TURKEY

Originally posted by stich rocks
ummm do u want to tramatize children? it would be the making of me all over again... <shudder>

AE has tramatized children for 8 years now.

Soarin over Babes could run for a few years and it might be more popular. :lol:

wedwayjr.

FLA soarin'

This is a worthless ride, no matter the film which plays during the ride. Which BTW if you haven't gone on it is just a large format movie where the soarin' benches elevate one on top of another.

Great idea guys, now I get to see the persons' feet in front of me soarin' trough the entire movie (which is just a series of cheesy fly-by's and bad music). The effect doesn't enhance the lame concept, but it does enhance the wait time!

This type of ride is a true testiment to how cheap Disney has gotten over the years. From creating true state of the art rides to now doing scenery films. I think I'd rather go to six flags and watch a NASCAR movie in Imax. Personally I'd rather they just keep maginal attractions like Horizons and Imagination and wait for things that will truly improve the parks, like Everest.

pan11435

This is a worthless ride, no matter the film which plays during the ride. Which BTW if you haven't gone on it is just a large format movie where the soarin' benches elevate one on top of another.

Great idea guys, now I get to see the persons' feet in front of me soarin' trough the entire movie (which is just a series of cheesy fly-by's and bad music). The effect doesn't enhance the lame concept, but it does enhance the wait time!

This type of ride is a true testiment to how cheap Disney has gotten over the years. From creating true state of the art rides to now doing scenery films. I think I'd rather go to six flags and watch a NASCAR movie in Imax. Personally I'd rather they just keep maginal attractions like Horizons and Imagination and wait for things that will truly improve the parks, like Everest.

Thats an interesting statement. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it worthless. This attraction you describe as having "cheesy fly-by's and bad music" won a THEMEA (Themed Entertainment Awawd) for best new attraction. And that bad music you talk about, well many consider it to be actually very good. While I agree rides like Horizons are great, Soarin' is also a great ride. And Soarin' was a new state of the art attraction. You try making a ride that lifts 70,000 pouds seemlessly into the air and gives you such a great sensation.

General Grizz

Re: FLA soarin'

Originally posted by wedwayjr.
This is a worthless ride, no matter the film which plays during the ride.

I think its the exact opposite: because of what kind of film it could have, it would make it a great attraction. California at The Land? I wouldn't call it a worthless attraction, but it is EXTREMELY weak. But, if it actually goes into the purposes of the Land, etc, on a broader range, discussing man's impacts, then it would be entirely UNworthless! :)

And, I agree. Experiences like Horizons, I believe, are more wholesome. After all, was not Soarin' PART of Horizons (Omnisphere). If I recall, this section was the inspiration for the Soarin' attraction at Disney's California Adventure.

stitch rocks

come on guys some of u are knocking the ride and haven't been on it yet...give it a chance... i know it has nothign to do with the land... but in my opinon this is a great ride... yeah some of it is really cheesy but it's still good... and i hope when some of u experience it for urselves ur opinions will change

General Grizz

FACT: It's about California.
EXPECTATION: It will be fun.

I'm giving the expectations a chance, but we KNOW what the attraction is. So this has nothing to do with experiencing the attraction as far as FUNDAMENTALITY goes, the point that I was talking about.

I'm not knocking it. I am excited! I am just showing its general weakness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom