News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

Curious Constance

That would be Jerry Rees, who, vexingly, was also responsible for Soarin’ Over California.

We need a better scapegoat!
Jerry needs to learn that if he produces this kind of crap in the future he’s gonna have consequences. Now, if the return of the CA version is successful, he should be treated to any sweet his heart desires from Bing Bong’s Confectionery for a reward.

Anjin

Theoretically, I'd rather they rotate the films. I prefer variety.

Practically, I'm never seen Soarin Around The World so I don't know if it's worthy or not.

lazyboy97o

That would be Jerry Rees, who, vexingly, was also responsible for Soarin’ Over California.

We need a better scapegoat!
Jerry doesn’t list any involvement with either film on his resume.

Soarin’ Over California was directed by Rick Rothschild, who also served as creative director for FlyOver Canada, FlyOver America and FlyOver Iceland.

Soarin’ Around the World was directed by fan favorite Tom Fitzgerald.

flynnibus

Premium Member
hope this is a good sign that people internally acknowledge how much of a turd 'world' is vs the original. Yes they can sell this as 'nostalgia' to the bosses.. but hopefully a movement forms to keep the original in place.

SotW is a classic example of imitation that misses all the magic that made something great.

180º

Soarin’ Over California was directed by Rick Rothschild, who also served as creative director for FlyOver Canada, FlyOver America and FlyOver Iceland.

Thank goodness. @Curious Constance , please direct all spankings to Tom Fitzgerald.

Touchdown

I think some of the hate for World is getting a bit much, it’s still a good film, and I enjoy seeing it. That said, it does not fit in DCA. Grizzly Peak Airway is a small airport, it makes no sense to lift off from there for a trip around the globe. SOC is a much better fit, I think it should stay there, but Epcot needs to stick with SATW for the same reasons.

Inspired Figment

AHAHAHAHA! The same guy behind Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management, Journey Into Your Imagination, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, and Stitch’s Great Escape. Who woulda thunk! 😂😂

TROR

With how Disney made it so they could just swap out the bottom of that sign, you know they expected the new film would be criticized as inferior and this would need to happen. I would say they are just making sure people are indeed okay with that before committing.
To be clear, this sign existed before World.

Practical Pig

That sign was installed in 2015 when they converted the area to Grizzly Peak. Soarin' Over the World opened about a year later in 2016, and I believe there had been rumors of it being switched over... so I do believe that sign was installed with the intent to make it easier to switch to World.

Yep. And back. They anticipated this in the build.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom