News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

Miru

They can but it would be called Elsa's Limo
Well, guess Splash Mountain is a bad ride then.
(What’s people’s thought that IP is inherently evil nowadays?)

I want to be able to experience Over California at least one more time. And I agree about two theaters with one per film. And another thing, isn’t it weird Soarin has no Easter egg tribute to Kitchen Kabaret and/or Food Rocks whatsoever? It feels incomplete without one.

Inspired Figment

It’s not that “all IP is evil”. Nobody is saying that. What everyone’s sick & tired of is the over reliance on using film IPs for brand new attractions aswell as pointlessly shoehorning or overlaying original, non-film based attractions. There was balance in the past between completely original attractions & film IP based attractions in the U.S. parks. But now? Not so much... *That* is why people are upset.

Miru

It’s not that “all IP is evil”. Nobody is saying that. What everyone’s sick & tired of is the over reliance on using film IPs for brand new attractions aswell as pointlessly shoehorning or overlaying original, non-film based attractions. There was balance in the past between completely original attraction & film IP based attractions in the U.S. parks. But now? Not so much... *That* is why people are upset.
Exactly. Superstar Limo is a bad example as the ride itself is garbage. Anyways, when will they add a Kitchen Kabaret Easter egg to Soarin’?

George Lucas on a Bench

Soarin' capacity is severely reduced when a theater is down. It would be an operational nightmare and confusing to guests if the two shows were in either side and it could lead to massive waits for them.

Brer Panther

I want to be able to experience Over California at least one more time. And I agree about two theaters with one per film. And another thing, isn’t it weird Soarin has no Easter egg tribute to Kitchen Kabaret and/or Food Rocks whatsoever? It feels incomplete without one.
From what I've read on this site, Splash Mountain is indeed now considered a bad ride, but for other reasons.

Also, the stage from Food Rocks! used to be hidden behind a wall in the Soarin' queue (I think it was taken out a few years back though). Does that count?

Mac Tonight

"Pack the car, honey! There's finally a reason to go back to DCA!"

Xy0Z.gif

mickEblu

Why not have both? Have one in one theater and the other in the other theater. It will make fans of both happy.

Probably because everyone would just line up for California and they’d lose capacity. With that said the lines would probably self regulate. If California is 60 minutes and World is 20 then some people start jumping in the World line.

Disney just treats the California version like a seasonal treat which isn’t different than holiday attraction overlays except for one biggie. California is vastly superior to World. It isn’t some fun/ seasonally appropriate overlay (HMH is debatable) or just the same experience with Christmas decorations. Its just backwards to me but not to the marketing department of course.

Mac Tonight

Probably because everyone would just line up for California and they’d lose capacity. With that said the lines would probably self regulate. If California is 60 minutes and World is 20 then some people start jumping in the World line.

Disney just treats the California version like a seasonal treat which isn’t different than holiday attraction overlays except for one biggie. California is vastly superior to World. It isn’t some fun/ seasonally appropriate overlay (HMH is debatable) or just the same experience with Christmas decorations. Its just backwards to me but not to the marketing department of course.
Just wait til the future where every seat on Soarin' gets it's own VR helmet and you can select which version you'd like.

Soarin' over California
Soarin' over the World
Soarin' over Walt's Grave
Soarin' over Bob Iger's estate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom