News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

PB Watermelon

If this is the case then Disney should at least be fair about it by removing any actor who has allegations. Johnny Depp allegedly would get drunk and beat and abuse his wife yet has his own animatronics in pirates and a walk around character (who acts drunk).

When Michael passed he had already had the same allegations against him, but Disney put Captain EO back. It'd be very hypocritical if now the company won't put it out because someone made a biased program on TV.

I don't think the company has any type of MJ ban per say as they have an MJ photo inside the Mr Lincoln theater as you exit.

My guess is this, there will be a time where people will stop caring about that documentary, and if there is money to be made, EO will return be it a parks return or 3D bluray. I think TWDC only concern with any decision is maximizing profit.

Johnny Depp has filed a civil case against his ex-wife for defamation because he has her on tape admitting she was the one hitting him and throwing pots and pans at him, while Michael paid off his accusers, so, not exactly apples-to-oranges.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Johnny Depp has a civil case against his ex-wife for defamation because he has her on tape admitting she was the one hitting him and throwing pots and pans at him, while Michael paid off his accusers, so, not exactly apples-to-oranges.

That's Nes's point. Allegations don't equal guilty- as we saw with Depp.

I suspect if MJ was alive, we'd see a very similar anti defamation case.

At any rate, when MJ did go to court for similar allegations in 2005 he was found innocent despite a media push against him. In fact, one of his star witnesses was an adult Robson- an interesting choice if there was any chance Robson would get up and condemn Jackson.

MJ's estate is taking the Leaving Neverland crew to court- and has requested that the arbitration be public so we'll finally get to see the other side of the story in a visible public setting, since LN certainly didn't bother to tell it.

PB Watermelon

Maybe Disney can post-process a 3D version of The Devil and Max Devlin with Bill Cosby in the Magic Eye Theater.

2014-11-21-Cosby3-thumb.jpg

SuddenStorm

Maybe Disney can post-process a 3D version of The Devil and Max Devlin with Bill Cosby in the Magic Eye Theater.

2014-11-21-Cosby3-thumb.jpg

Cosby was actually found guilty. Jackson wasn't. If you don't understand why that distinction is important- I dunno what to say.

Let's just all start accusing anyone of anything now, since apparently that's all it takes to smear someone's reputation.

ProjectXBlog

Cosby was actually found guilty. Jackson wasn't. If you don't understand why that distinction is important- I dunno what to say.

Let's just all start accusing anyone of anything now, since apparently that's all it takes to smear someone's reputation.
let’s please put a stop to this now before the next 5 pages turn into a debate on cosby v jackson

PB Watermelon

I think pretty much everybody understands that. But this isn't the Michael Jackson paid off the parents thread, nor is it the Bring Back Captain Eo thread.

truecoat

That's Nes's point. Allegations don't equal guilty- as we saw with Depp.

I suspect if MJ was alive, we'd see a very similar anti defamation case.

At any rate, when MJ did go to court for similar allegations in 2005 he was found innocent despite a media push against him. In fact, one of his star witnesses was an adult Robson- an interesting choice if there was any chance Robson would get up and condemn Jackson.

MJ's estate is taking the Leaving Neverland crew to court- and has requested that the arbitration be public so we'll finally get to see the other side of the story in a visible public setting, since LN certainly didn't bother to tell it.

He may not have done anything but he certainly went out of his way to look like it.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Quick question - i'm planning a trip for the 3rd or 4th week of April but fear SoC wont be in place at that time. Any real insight on the end date? I posted earlier it was April 21st (just speculation from the media), but know that the first two weeks in April are usually busier.

Is that me being fearful or are the first two weeks in April not so bad?

rreading

Isn’t there more than one theater? I wonder why they don’t play them concurrently. Would be nice to see the comparative feedback from both.
That being said, the new show may benefit from the Pepsi/Coke distinction. More people like the initial taste of Pepsi; more people like Coke over time.
(Fwiw, I like SOC much better. But it makes sense to me for SOC to be in CA and SOtW to be in Epcot)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom