Soaked or Dry

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Quick question - How wet do riders get on the Jurassic Park River Adventure ride? What about Dudley's Rip Saw Falls?

captainkidd

Depends on where you're sitting. Jurassic Park, you'll get wet, but probably not soaked.

Dudley Do Right, chances are good you'll get a good soaking. More-so than Splash Mountain.

If you really want a definite soaking, go on Popeye's Raft whatever it's called. No one comes off that without being completely drenched.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Dudley's - we got wet before we'd even got on the ride - a CM with a water pistol hiding in the line. We came off soaked, but luckily it was a very hot day and soon dried off

MansionGoer13z

JP: A drip here or there.

Dudley Do Right: Soaking wet chances are high.

Popeye Bilge Rat Barges: Soaking Imminent! (Wear 5 ponchos if you wanna be dry!)

JillC LI

VERY! But as I've mentioned in a prior thread, they have People Dryers there for $5 that you can walk your full body into and get heat dried!

If you jumped into the IOA lagoon you would come out dryer than going on Popeye Bilge Rat Barges.

The last time I went in 2009 we rode it twice in a row and even the staff thought we were crazy. :shrug:

nepalostparks

Agree with others on Ripsaw Falls... not a soak to the core, but definitely a big splash that will get you pretty wet. Definitely more than Splash Mountain.

Belle4ever22

Ok Rating of how wet you get on water rides at Islands of adventure:

1). Popeye's Raft= Not a single dry spot on you! Jumping into the water might not even equal how wet you WILL BE!

2). Camp Jurassic (not ride its a play area but hear me out)= If you are competitive like me you will be soaked!

3). Jurassic= 25% chance you might get a little wet. Front row is a little more wet then the rest but that's a giving.

4). Dudley Do-Right= You are still dry with a light mist hitting your face.
:ROFLOL:

lilclerk

JP won't be bad. Dudley Do-Right, on the other hand... I have never gotten wetter on any other ride. I was soaking wet from head to toe.

plien69

Jurassic Park is like other flume-type rides with a big drop at the end: Front is more likely get wet, but otherwise it's not too bad.

But I've never been wetter than when I went on Dudley Do-Right. We're talking Leaving-a-dripping-trail-of-water-behind-you-as-you-walk-away-with-people-staring-at-you-wondering-how-you-got-so-wet wet. :)

lilclerk

But I've never been wetter than when I went on Dudley Do-Right. We're talking Leaving-a-dripping-trail-of-water-behind-you-as-you-walk-away-with-people-staring-at-you-wondering-how-you-got-so-wet wet. :)

Yup, that was me. And then my nephew immediately wanted to ride again :lol:

MKCP 1985

4). Dudley Do-Right= You are still dry with a light mist hitting your face.
:ROFLOL:

I have examined this statement and the truth is not in it. :lookaroun

:lol:

Dudley Do-Right is a guaranteed soaking of a ride and the last time it was working when I was there, Universal had water cannons on a bridge where people can put their money in and finish you off if you didn't get wet enough on the ride before you get to that point.

I've never gotten soaked on Jurassic Park, but as stated, it depends on where you sit.

Rowdy

Not only all the things people have listed. But, there is a lift hill where there is a water fall pouring on top of you. Kind of like Big Thunder Mountain's first lift hill, except it's all the way across the boat.

You can see it here at 3:20 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNdeeYNt4Hw

Bottom line, you will get wet. As mentioned above, Jurassic Park is your best bet, and try to sit in the middle of the boat.

Belle4ever22

Maybe its bad luck but every time Myself and the group I go with goes on this we have yet to get wet. We have annual passes and try to go once a week.
:shrug:

Disneydreamer23

WHICH ONE? Jurrasic or dudley if you want soaked go on the water ride in Asia in Animal kingdom it was June and I walked around soked for 5 hours!!!! it was gross , I will definatly bring extra clothes this time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom