So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 19 - Madcap Circus [CONCLUDED]

JokersWild

Original Poster
Season 19, Project Zero: The Slightly Sophisticated Shopping Showcase
View attachment 558175
For the optional warm-up project, players must go solo to design a highly themed shop. The shop can be in any park. Disney, Universal, Six Flags, Holiday World, Nara Dreamland, whatever your heart desires! The top three will each receive a variant of the Power of MVP as followed.

3rd Place: Bronze PoMVP - Ensures your safety for the first two rounds of the game.

2nd Place:
Golden PoMVP - Essentially a Hidden Immunity Idol, must be played BEFORE nominations get handed in to ensure safety from being nominated. Can be used at any point before the semi-finals. (First 11 projects)

1st Place:
Diamond PoMVP - Grants you the power to switch out one or BOTH of any Project Leader's nominations from any team. Can be used at any point before semi-finals.

Oh yea, and we have tiers! @JokersWild can clarify what the themed "Rings" are but just to make it simple for right now I'll just call them tiers.

Tier One: Design a highly themed store that functions as a new "Exit through the gift shop" for an existing attraction.

Tier Two: Design a highly themed stand-alone store in any park. (+3 Bonus Points)

Tier Three: Design a launch location for a highly themed retail chain not connected to theme parks. Can still be associated with Disney, Universal etc. (+5 Bonus Points)

Grading Scale:
Creativity: /10
Realism: /10
Presentation: /10
Detail: /10

Projects due Friday, May 28th at 11:59PM Eastern
I think I've explained it adequately in the first post.

Third Ring is "easy mode." It's a pretty straightforward project with no point bonus
Second Ring is the middle tier. Slightly more difficult prompt for a +3 point bonus added to your overall project score
Center Ring is the highest tier. The most challenging version of the project for a +5 point bonus added to your overall score.

The challenge comes in deciding if you want to try to perfect an easier tier, or go with a harder tier for the point bonus at the cost of a potentially lower score.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Best of luck to those playing and producing this season! The last SYWTBAI was my first Imagineering game here (all thanks to @spacemt354 who personally invited me to take his place!) and I had a blast designing a gamut: a mini-golf course, a ride whose name made people go 😏, creating placemaking for Disneyland's Critter Country, etc. Can't wait to see what the circus will bring to the table!

TwilightZone

bump to watch
Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
In my spare time I mess around with after effects things all the time.

A 10 second scene took 40 minutes to render and was like 1.5 GB lol
It’s ridiculous how long it takes AE to render. I tried Premiere rendering for the first time a while back, and it took like two seconds to render a two minute video. I was so confused that I thought I hadn’t hit the render button. 🤣

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
There is cheap, and then there is CHEAP!

DLP has always gained the cheap end of the Imagineering budget, but this is just bottom-of-the-pocket attraction making.

I feel that this attraction was put together quickly to temporarily increase capacity in the park before the expansions open in the following years, hence the cheapness. It's no Radiator Springs Racers, I'll give you that, but I don't think that was the intention in the first place. I bet once Arendelle and the lakeside area opens, this attraction will be closed and leveled for something else. Hopefully, it will still be Pixar-themed so that all the Pixar IPs are in one location and Toon Studios will be rechristened as "Pixar Place" or something similar (which I honestly feel is the direction they're going in).

Hmm, maybe I should do my Blue Sky WDSP 2.0 (that takes into account everything that has been announced so far) then... wait, I should do the Phantom Manor Rehaunting first...

Last edited:

Orange Cat

There is cheap, and then there is CHEAP!

DLP has always gained the cheap end of the Imagineering budget, but this is just bottom-of-the-pocket attraction making.

Wow it’s crazy how good this attraction is for a Anaheim DisneyLand opening day attraction that hasn’t been updated once

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom