So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

@JokersWild
1620682861643.png

DashHaber

Fun fact, for all the Waffle House talk: FEMA actually has an informal statistic known as the Waffle House Index, which basically refers to the severity that an area is in need of aid in relation to the status of Waffle House (given how they have major disaster preparedness, and can run during storms).

Basically, if the Waffle House is closed, then something has gone terribly wrong.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Fun fact, for all the Waffle House talk: FEMA actually has an informal statistic known as the Waffle House Index, which basically refers to the severity that an area is in need of aid in relation to the status of Waffle House (given how they have major disaster preparedness, and can run during storms).

Basically, if the Waffle House is closed, then something has gone terribly wrong.
I approve of this

TheOriginalTiki

Gesh we are just doing everything now lol

Btw first viewing of Tenet this would have been A maybe B tier - but after 2nd viewing it's on God-tier 👀 it might even top Interstellar as my favorite Nolan film now
View attachment 556311
Dude, Tenet is freaking amazing on a second, third watch. It'll probably shoot up my rankings as time goes on but as it stands now everything in my S tier is too iconic for me to put above it. Really funny how I have Dunkirk at the very top and Interstellar at the very bottom and yours is basically reversed, but that's exactly what makes tier lists so fun. For me I just don't think anything has topped Dunkirk as far as sheer craft is concerned, and as a horror movie fan I also adore how nail-biting it is. The three different timelines is also my favorite framing device in any Nolan movie. Interstellar on the other hand for me basically lives and dies on the singular "message from home" scene which is the most emotionally devastating moment in any of his films. Other than that though I thought the movie had a really bad pacing problem especially on the Matt Damon planet.

spacemt354

Chili's
Dude, Tenet is freaking amazing on a second, third watch. It'll probably shoot up my rankings as time goes on but as it stands now everything in my S tier is too iconic for me to put above it. Really funny how I have Dunkirk at the very top and Interstellar at the very bottom and yours is basically reversed, but that's exactly what makes tier lists so fun. For me I just don't think anything has topped Dunkirk as far as sheer craft is concerned, and as a horror movie fan I also adore how nail-biting it is. The three different timelines is also my favorite framing device in any Nolan movie. Interstellar on the other hand for me basically lives and dies on the singular "message from home" scene which is the most emotionally devastating moment in any of his films. Other than that though I thought the movie had a really bad pacing problem especially on the Matt Damon planet.
I think it comes down to I'm not a war movie fan in general so while the ticking clock element was fun the movie's plot never really hooked me. As opposed to Interstellar, astrophysics, blackholes, and space travel is my favorite creative subject so to have been able to see it in IMAX was insane

And Tenet blew me away on the 2nd viewing because I did some research in-between. There's a YT channel Webly CoffeeSpill that breaks down the scenes and the amount of moving parts when you go back to watch it a 2nd or 3rd time is just ridiculous how well choregraphed it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom