So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

PerGron

Question of the Day: (We have a theme this week)
What is your favorite adult cartoon? The Simpson's? South Park? Do you have the same bad taste as my best friend and like Family Guy? Let's hear it

Admittedly I hate adult animation. I’m not a big comedy person to begin with, but the style of comedy featured in the likes of Family Guy and latter episodes of the Simpsons especially.

I guess if I had to pick a favorite it’d maybe be the first few seasons of Archer as there was admittedly some decent jokes and story beats, but it ended up falling off the tracks sometime after season 4 if I remember correctly.

I wish we got more adult animation with serious tones and less comedies. I think Gravity Falls and Clone Wars and Avatar are all better animation for adults than any “Adult animation,” is specially any of the hot garbage that are made by/inspired by MacFarlane.

(I couldn’t get into Bojack but I’ve heard good things so maybe I’ll try it out again)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
What is your favorite cartoon short from any company?
Question of the Day: (We have a theme this week)
What is your favorite adult cartoon? The Simpson's? South Park? Do you have the same bad taste as my best friend and like Family Guy? Let's hear it
Bojack, Futurama, and Rick & Morty. Though unfotunately Rick & Morty has been getting worse lately. Season 4 came and went with no episode that was a real stand out. South Park and Archer are both solid too from what I've seen of them.

It's weird, I always thought I wasn't into adult animation with just a few exceptions. Then I noticed that I like a surprisingly large amount haha.

Though I agree with @PerGronStudio that shows like Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Avatar are just as "adult" just with a PG rating content wise.

I wish there was more of a middle ground between cartoons aimed at kids with strict limits on what they can do and animation aimed at adults that is full of heavy drinking, drugs, and usually a hard R rating. Some PG13 animation could lead to some really great stuffs

JokersWild

Bojack, Futurama, and Rick & Morty. Though unfotunately Rick & Morty has been getting worse lately. Season 4 came and went with no episode that was a real stand out.
Hard disagree. The Story Lord And Vat of Acid episodes were some of the series’ strongest, and the finale was really good as well. It would have been better if more episodes were on par with the finale, but I definitely think that this season was better than last. The dragon episode was trash though.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hard disagree. The Story Lord And Vat of Acid episodes were some of the series’ strongest, and the finale was really good as well. It would have been better if more episodes were on par with the finale, but I definitely think that this season was better than last. The dragon episode was trash though.
Vat of Acid was pretty great! I wasn't super into the finale. The super bloody drawn out fight felt very Family Guy Chicken Fighty. Though it was still solid with the Beth stuff and the invisibility cloak. Story Lord was also pretty solid. Maybe it was just my expectations, but I didn't think there was anything that reached the heights of Season 2 finale, Season 3 premier, Rick-lantis, Mind Blowers, either inter-dimensional cable... The great episodes of Season 4 just felt like average episodes from Season 2 to me. But to each their own. I still like it though.

Suchomimus

Who knows what June will bring us
Well, now we know
EaA7wSMXgAAJ0Tu

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the Day:
What is your favorite kid's cartoon?

I would say The Last Airbender, but calling it a kid's cartoon is a bit of an insult.

For cartoons purely made for kids, I'm going to have to say Courage the Cowardly Dog. I actually got the pleasure to interview John R. Dilworth on the podcast a few years ago and he was really passionate about creating a show that kids could get their imagination flowing and showcase the darker side of what life has in store in a really fun way. Hey Arnold also comes to mind as a perfect kids show. Excellent characters, excellent writing, excellent morals. Just all around a fantastic show that still more than holds up as an adult but it also really accessible and valuable content for kids. I'll never forget the first time I saw "Pigeon Man", for example. Still one of the most beautiful pieces of animation I've ever seen, even with Avatar in the picture.

rjio5d4ifzl21.jpg

DisneyManOne

This is gonna be awesome. All I know is I've got a long four years ahead of me... I say that because I make it a point not to watch videos of new rides that open in Florida theme parks until I've had the chance to ride them myself, and since Epic Universe isn't gonna open until 2024, well...

Sometimes, I wish that they did just bulldoze KidZone to put Super Nintendo there so I wouldn't have to wait so long, but then we'd never get Universal Classic Monsters representation. Plus, if rumors are to be believed, we may get more Nintendo representation in Orlando because of this--Pokemon might replace KidZone and The Lost Continent may turn into a Zelda-themed area. And besides, I've always thought that a Nickelodeon area might work well to replace either KidZone or Toon Lagoon...if anything, because I really want @Basketbuddy101's SpongeBob dark ride concept to be an actual thing.

DisneyManOne

What do you guys think of this idea? Twitter user @FreddyFromBatuu came up with this idea for a re-theming of Disneyland's Splash Mountain into a ride based on The Princess and the Frog. The idea of having the focus of Splash Mountain shift from Song of the South to The Princess and the Frog is an idea that's been knocked around a few times, but I think it would be an incredible experience. And frankly, given what's been happening in this world, I think we can all agree that a ride based on a very problematic, racist film just doesn't have a place in the modern park experience anymore.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What do you guys think of this idea? Twitter user @FreddyFromBatuu came up with this idea for a re-theming of Disneyland's Splash Mountain into a ride based on The Princess and the Frog. The idea of having the focus of Splash Mountain shift from Song of the South to The Princess and the Frog is an idea that's been knocked around a few times, but I think it would be an incredible experience. And frankly, given what's been happening in this world, I think we can all agree that a ride based on a very problematic, racist film just doesn't have a place in the modern park experience anymore.

Personally, I feel like Splash Mountain is far enough removed from Song of the South culturally speaking and far enough removed from the problematic aspects of the the film that a retheme feel unneccessary. Maybe make some new Brer Rabbit shorts for Disney+ completely removed from the original source to solidify the Brer animals as their own thing so the ties can be cut completely. BUT I'm a pasty white guy, so I might not be the best judge here.

If it does get rethemed, Princess and the Frog makes a lot of sense. I could also see it be Country Bear themed. Keep the southern/country feel. Keep the "IP, but not like a well known IP that would usually count as an IP" feel. And it would fit better in Fronteirland/Critter Country. And it would give the animatronics a place to go when they eventually get rid of the Jamboree which is probably gonna happen at some point.

invader

This is a terrible idea.

Which has me convinced it’s along the lines of what Disney will eventually do.

Brer Panther

Nooooooooooo. Do not retheme Splash Mountain. I think the fact that it's such a popular attraction means the fact that it's based off a "problematic" movie is irrelevant. I have nothing against The Princess and the Frog but I don't want it taking over Splash Mountain.

It's like claiming we should retheme Peter Pan's Flight because the Indians in the movie are offensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom