So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

spacemt354

Chili's
QotD:
What’s your parks “white whale”? What is something you've always wanted but just haven't ever been able to catch? Dining? Entertainment? Rope drop to Kiss Goodnight? Ride? Tell me about it
It was to accomplish all the top 7 must sees on the resort tv back in the mid-2000s

There was one trip where we got everything but la nouba.

Nowadays it's to not wait more than 30 mins for any ride ;)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Test Track. Because the line is always crazy long, it would only be convenient for me to ride with a FastPass. But due to EPCOT’s messed up tier system, I always have to choose between Test Track and Frozen Ever After. Other than that, I’d have to say the shows at the Magic Kingdom like Carousel of Progress, the Tiki Room, and Country Bear Jamboree. I just never have enough time to sit down and watch the shows but hopefully some day I will.

Single Rider is your friend ;) I've never waited more than 15 minutes for Test Track using that method. Hell, half the time I just walk right past the car customization part haha. Carousel of Progress and Country Bears are two of my three "holy grail" attractions at Magic Kingdom along with Peoplemover that I absolutely have to do every time.

As far as white whales go, I'm oddly similar to @JokersWild in that I've never gotten on Popeye. First trip it was under refurbishment, second trip I decided to save it for the second Universal day that then got replaced by a Magic Kingdom day later in the trip.

Generally speaking though, most of my white whales are coasters. I'm slowly building a road map of places I can go with Cedar Point obviously being the holy lands. Basically ALL the coaster parks between California and Florida are white whales for me. California has a great coaster line-up, but I've heard legendary things about the east coast coasters and how forceful and airtime-filled they are (something that's few and far between on the California rides)

Outside of Cedar Point, some of my big white whale parks are Carrowwinds, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, and a cross-state Pennsylvania road trip to hit up all the historic parks there like HersheyPark and Kennywood.

I realized I absolutely spaced on the next Weekly Challenge last night. It will be posted very soon. As soon as all the judges scores have been posted @mickeyfan5534 and I are going to pre-record a podcast since I'm running low on streaming time. The podcast will hopefully be uploaded by late tonight, early tomorrow at the latest.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
That and I have yet to ride the Disneyland Railroad.

I technically rode the Walt Disney World Railroad from Tomorrowland to Frontierland once, but I've never taken the grand circle tour. While I love that the Frontierland station basically lets you out into the heart of Splash Mountain, the Disneyland Railroad grand circle tour is a classic Disney experience in its own right especially with the new stretch of Frontierland.

JokersWild

I technically rode the Walt Disney World Railroad from Tomorrowland to Frontierland once, but I've never taken the grand circle tour. While I love that the Frontierland station basically lets you out into the heart of Splash Mountain, the Disneyland Railroad grand circle tour is a classic Disney experience in its own right especially with the new stretch of Frontierland.
Yeah WDW's leaves much to be desired when compared to DLR's. I would be great if they would plus is somehow, but I don't think that there's much room to do so.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Weekly Challenge Four: Going Up, Sir
1589645022697.png

Ever since the Haunted Mansion stretch room set a gold standard for theme park pre-shows, elevators have been used to immerse guests in the story of attractions before they ever set foot on the ride vehicles. From the Hydrolators of The Living Seas to the utterly immersive trip down into the vaults of Gringott's, elevators have provided the theme park industry with some of its most memorable pre-show experiences. For this weekly challenge, you must design a pre-show for a new attraction that takes place on an elevator. Importantly, I want much of the detail of the write-up to be focused on the elevator itself. By all means set up what will happen before and after you get into the elevator, but the elevator should be the central focus of the write-up and your detail score will reflect that. This project is due Friday, May 22nd at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.

CookieMouse

QotD:
What’s your parks “white whale”? What is something you've always wanted but just haven't ever been able to catch? Dining? Entertainment? Rope drop to Kiss Goodnight? Ride? Tell me about it
Space mountain with the lights on. Closest I ever got was with the peoplemover’s work lights on which partially lit the dome, and excited me a whole lot, but it’s still not really lights on.
Here’s a Video of something very similar to what I experienced:
to see this, i rode it very late at night, probably one of the last rides of the night.

NigelChanning

Weekly Challenge Four: Going Up, Sir
View attachment 470780
Ever since the Haunted Mansion stretch room set a gold standard for theme park pre-shows, elevators have been used to immerse guests in the story of attractions before they ever set foot on the ride vehicles. From the Hydrolators of The Living Seas to the utterly immersive trip down into the vaults of Gringott's, elevators have provided the theme park industry with some of its most memorable pre-show experiences. For this weekly challenge, you must design a pre-show for a new attraction that takes place on an elevator. Importantly, I want much of the detail of the write-up to be focused on the elevator itself. By all means set up what will happen before and after you get into the elevator, but the elevator should be the central focus of the write-up and your detail score will reflect that. This project is due Friday, May 22nd at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.
Can you define what you mean by “new attraction” @TheOriginalTiki ?

JokersWild

You must design a new ride in which your elevator pre-show takes place, but I want most of the focus of the write-up to be on the pre-show. You can write around it for sure, but the bulk of the detail should be on the elevator itself.
Is this like Season 10 where we had to make a queue and entirely ignore the actual ride, or should I be talking about the ride to some degree as well?

mickeyfan5534

Importantly, I want much of the detail of the write-up to be focused on the elevator itself. By all means set up what will happen before and after you get into the elevator, but the elevator should be the central focus of the write-up and your detail score will reflect that.
I just want to put emphasis on this part of the prompt. My advice for everyone: when you're brainstorming for this, work backward. Come up with the story for your elevator pitch (pun 100% intended) and then work the ride around that.

NateD1226

NateD1226’s Reviews

@NigelChanning09 - Coco Fountain

This was very simple and sweet! I absolutely love Coco, so it was nice to see some Coco representation since, IMO, it is very underrated. It was cool to see that it would have music and all the other cool effects. Overall, great work!
Creativity: 9/10
Detail: 8/10
Realism: 8/10
Presentation: 8/10
Total: 33/40

@Pi on my Cake - Gone Workin’ Pond

Very fun and sweet idea. I absolutely loved the gone workin’ joke. I love that it is in Toontown since Toontown does need to be fixed up a bit . Therefore, adding a fountain and greenery was really nice. Overall, great work!
Detail: 9/10
Total: 34/40

@Outbound - Chocolate River
This was amazing! You went all out and I loved everything about it! The article was fun and the idea of a chocolate river is great. You would think they would've made something like that before since they are Hersheypark lol. The video and transcript were great and improved the project. Overall, amazing work.
Creativity: 10/10
Detail: 10/10
Realism: 9/10
Presentation: 10/10
Total: 39/40

@Pufflefan - The Unity Fountain.

Such a fun idea! The idea of a unity fountain fits the Zootopia land perfectly. The presentation and art were very nice. One nitpick I have is to try and format your post evenly so it looks more presentable. Overall, great work!
Creativity: 8/10
Detail: 8/10
Realism: 9/10
Total: 33/40

@JokersWild - Jitney Geyser

What an amazing idea! I love the idea of a geyser fountain. Plus it fits perfectly in Cars Land. The location is perfect because I also agree that it is overlooked.The only nitpick I have would be the overall post. A few pictures/concept art would have been nice Overall, great job!
Detail: 7/10
Presentation: 7/10
Total: 31/40

@Basketbuddy101 - Big Thunder Reservoir
Wow! This was great. Everything flowed so perfectly. The story was nicely written and it gives the land a lot more substance. I’m not sure if it is just the angle of the picture but the reservoir is MASSIVE. IMO, that doesn’t fit the style of Disneyland as everything is on the smaller scale of the things. But, it is still an amazing idea.
Creativity: 10/10
Detail: 10/10
Realism: 7/10
Presentation: 10/10
Total: 37/40​

Outbound

QotD:

The World of Color. And every time we plan for it...

1. It was Christmas time, so the Frozen World of Color was on instead.

2. The World of Color was down for some reason.

3. We were going to watch the World of Color, but Radiator Springs had a super short line and we’d never ridden it at night.

4. The World of Color was again down.

mickeyfan5534

Let me just say because I might come off as really harsh for some of my reviews: this project is deceptively hard. Everyone did an awesome job with this round and I'm really excited to see what the elevators bring up. Don't let me down guys. I'm gonna be honest, I'm gonna be spitting out elevator puns basically all this round and I'm not sorry.

NigelChanning

Let me just say because I might come off as really harsh for some of my reviews: this project is deceptively hard. Everyone did an awesome job with this round and I'm really excited to see what the elevators bring up. Don't let me down guys. I'm gonna be honest, I'm gonna be spitting out elevator puns basically all this round and I'm not sorry.
We’re really taking it to the next level huh?

spacemt354

Chili's
I think I'll drop in a project for this. It'll floor you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom