So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

DisneyManOne

And speaking of the Question of the Day, we're going to start with a simple one.

What is your favorite single thing at any Disney Park? Ride, show, parade, sign, song, line, theming. Past or present, it doesn't matter.
If we were talking about Disney resorts in general, it would have to be the Walt Disney World Tour, the "general information about WDW" loop that ran on resort TVs from 2000 to sometime in late 2003 (I know it was late 2003, because I went to WDW in January 2003, and they were still playing it.). Given the timeframe, it was the first resort TV loop I ever saw. I still have fond memories of that giant Park Hopper ticket running about. It really helped set the mood for an excellent time at the Most Magical Place on Earth. Plus, speaking from experience, I stayed at a hotel off-property in 2003 (AmeriSuites along West Irlo Memorial, which is sadly closed), and they had this among their channels on TV! Pretty cool, huh?

But, if we are talking about the parks, hands-down, my favorite thing is the Main Street Trolley Show at the Magic Kingdom. There's just something about it that really makes mornings at Disney special. The joy and excitement on those dancers is just so infectious, you can't help but tap your toes along with it! Plus, after their show at the train station, the dancers often take the time to stroll around and meet guests. Like with the Citizens of Main Street, it helps build the world, making it feel as though these really are inhabitants of Main Street.

mickeyfan5534

Good question.

I realized what it was when living near the river in Chicago. Every year, freighter ships would start traveling at the start of spring. And so, along with the fresh blooms and bird songs, their distinctively romantic & old-timely bells would put me into a wistful, nostalgic mood.

With time I realized these were the very same bells used by the Disneyland Railroad locomotives when pulling into the station. Hearing the ships’ bells, I could smell the Main Street vanilla, hear the marching band, and otherwise get transported back to Disneyland despite being half a continent away.

The charming effect of these bells has only been duplicated in one other park I can think of (ignoring direct copies). Tokyo DisneySea’s Transit Steamers let out a steam whistle sound which is just as evocative of a quaint forgotten time and place. I can simply think of that sound right now and immediately I feel like I’m back in DisneySea. It’s these little sensory details which really deepen the Disney experience at its best.
That was beautifully poetic for
If we were talking about Disney resorts in general, it would have to be the Walt Disney World Tour, the "general information about WDW" loop that ran on resort TVs from 2000 to sometime in late 2003 (I know it was late 2003, because I went to WDW in January 2003, and they were still playing it.). Given the timeframe, it was the first resort TV loop I ever saw. I still have fond memories of that giant Park Hopper ticket running about. It really helped set the mood for an excellent time at the Most Magical Place on Earth. Plus, speaking from experience, I stayed at a hotel off-property in 2003 (AmeriSuites along West Irlo Memorial, which is sadly closed), and they had this among their channels on TV! Pretty cool, huh?

But, if we are talking about the parks, hands-down, my favorite thing is the Main Street Trolley Show at the Magic Kingdom. There's just something about it that really makes mornings at Disney special. The joy and excitement on those dancers is just so infectious, you can't help but tap your toes along with it! Plus, after their show at the train station, the dancers often take the time to stroll around and meet guests. Like with the Citizens of Main Street, it helps build the world, making it feel as though these really are inhabitants of Main Street.
I’ll take both. Those random channels on the resort TVs are great and the trolley show is such a lovely little touch and a huge reason why I try and get to MK early

tcool123

And speaking of the Question of the Day, we're going to start with a simple one.

What is your favorite single thing at any Disney Park? Ride, show, parade, sign, song, line, theming. Past or present, it doesn't matter.
The chili dog burp smell from Stitch’s Great Escape the gut churning aroma, and overall unpleasantness of the whole experience truly brought a furrow to my brow and a cringe to my face 🤢🤮

In all actuality I loved seeing all my friends working at the parks, and getting special attention. One of my friends is a friend of Mickey in Festival of Fantasy, and she singled us out from the crowd and started dancing for us plus giving us hearts the entire parade route more or less.

mickeyfan5534

In all actuality I loved seeing all my friends working at the parks, and getting special attention. One of my friends is a friend of Mickey in Festival of Fantasy, and she singled us out from the crowd and started dancing for us plus giving us hearts the entire parade route more or less.
CM friends are great to have aren't they?
2 words: Magic Happens
You got a point there.

spacemt354

Chili's
@TheOriginalTiki something I think would be fun would be to re-ignite some old SYWTBAI staples during the downtime before the comp begins to build anticipation

These + maybe a Disney Debates on SYWTBAI or a recap podcast would be really cool!

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day: What's something that you've enjoyed while social distancing?
Personally, I've been catching up on my video game backlog. The Ezio Trilogy from Assassin's Creed was great, Persona 5 Royal was a masterpiece, I really liked Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and I'm LOVING Fire Emblem Three Houses to the point where I've added the other three routes to my list to go back to.

tcool123

Question of the Day: What's something that you've enjoyed while social distancing?
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
I’ve been playing the franchise since the GameCube days and this latest installment is by far my favorite. Plus with all this free time I’ve been able to do major projects in my villages and invest into things like flower breeding in the game.

If anybody else has the game, and needs something or want to play along my Switch friend code is SW-7230-9934-8510

tcool123

I'm LOVING Fire Emblem Three Houses to the point where I've added the other three routes to my list to go back to.
YESSSS, Three Houses is so good. Ive done Edelgards and Dimitris Route, and wow. The framing of each story is so interesting, and the fact the perception of each character and their stance if the world changes based on the house. It is by far one of favorite games on the Switch.

mickeyfan5534

YESSSS, Three Houses is so good. Ive done Edelgards and Dimitris Route, and wow. The framing of each story is so interesting, and the fact the perception of each character and their stance if the world changes based on the house. It is by far one of favorite games on the Switch.
I was not expecting to fall in love with the Blue Lions as much as I am and I DEFINITELY didn't expect to like Dimitri and Dedue as much as I love them. I just finished the chapter where Flayn joins last night.

tcool123

I was not expecting to fall in love with the Blue Lions as much as I am and I DEFINITELY didn't expect to like Dimitri and Dedue as much as I love them. I just finished the chapter where Flayn joins last night.
Blue Lions was my first pick, and honestly? It’s the house most filled with surprises when it comes to characters. Without revealing too much I feel like all the supports and main story line really makes these characters multilayered and multidimensional. Without saying much the ending of Blue Lions had me gasping.

Right now I’m playing through Golden Deer cause I’m just so confused what the fudge they were up to in the whole storyline.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Blue Lions was my first pick, and honestly? It’s the house most filled with surprises when it comes to characters. Without revealing too much I feel like all the supports and main story line really makes these characters multilayered and multidimensional. Without saying much the ending of Blue Lions had me gasping.
I chose them because this is my first Fire Emblem game and it felt like they were the most balanced of the houses also I love a soft girl so Mercedes caught my eye instantly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom