So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HUB THREAD

Outbound

TeamNewSchool.png

Page1.png

SHIRE READING MUSIC | RIVENDELL READING MUSIC | MORIA READING MUSIC
DashHaber | Disneylover152 | goofyyukyukyuk17 | montydysquith-navarro | NigelChanning09 | Outbound | PerGronStudio | Pufflefan | Sharon&Susan | ThatGuyFromFlorida

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Thanks to all 18 cast members for their individual contributions this round. I've said it before and I'll say it again...eliminations are going to be BRUTAL this season given how much each and every one of you contributes. I have a feeling this season will have some of the most heartbreaking eliminations of all time just based on the sheer quality of the cast, and I'm both excited and nervous about it haha. Judge feedback will be posted throughout tomorrow for the first project, and a recap podcast for the first two projects INCLUDING results live results for project two will be posted Saturday evening. In the meantime, let's kick off the first round in your newly formed teams.

Project Two: The Golf War
maxresdefault.jpg

Mini golf is always a good entry level Armchair Imagineering project that by its nature makes it easy to divide up bite-sized parts of the overall assignment to different team members. That's exactly why it's what you'll be working with for the first project in the season's official teams. For this project, teams will be assigned 30 acres to design an 18 hole miniature golf course. The catch is, all three of the courses the teams design must reside within the same miniature golf complex. This essentially acts as the game's first ever CROSSOVER PROJECT! This is NOT a big group project, and there will not be a centralized hub for collaborating the ideas. Instead, teams must rely on checking in on what the other teams are doing to make sure their concepts sync up to form the one unified whole of "DISNEY'S GOLFLAND".
This should be a really interesting experiment in the brainstorming of each individual team impacting the other two on some level.

Here's where things get interesting. Teams must assign a project leader within the first 24 hours of a project. It is the project leader's responsibility to guide the brainstorming, but they don't necessarily have to post the finished product if scheduling is an issue. Most importantly, each round the project leader will nominate two people for elimination and one person for PoMVP. If the team looses, the judges will deliberate between which of the two nominees to eliminate from the game based on performance within the project. If the team wins, the PoMVP nominee will be safe from being nominated for elimination the following round. Once you've been project leader once, you're not allowed to do it again until everyone on your team has done so.

It's worth noting that were all well aware that real life stuff is going to come up and are willing to be flexible during this time. If you're going to be inactive for a round, all we ask is that you notify your team. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone using this as a free pass and am trusting an honor system by putting this into place. I'm willing to be flexible, but this is still a game with 18 in the cast and only three people ultimately making the finals,, so eliminations WILL happen most every round barring really outstanding outside the game circumstances, including multiple DOUBLE ELIMINATION rounds we have strategically planned out throughout the next ten rounds. The game is a'foot!

Good luck teams. This project is due Friday, June 5th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Team Old School Rides Shiny and Chrome!
@JokersWild
@Brer Panther
@orlando678-
@Basketbuddy101
@tcool123
@gam3rprincess
@Pi on my Cake
@AceAstro

1590983757315.png

Click the Map above to enter a world of crazy cults, rusted metal, extreme vehicles, epic action, and revolution among the outlaws and wanderers who call The Wasteland and the settlement of Haven home.

This is the newest land coming to Universal's Epic Universe on opening day and is way cooler in every way than some hairy footed short guys obsessing over jewelry. :p

NateD1226

NateD1226’s Reviews

Team New School - Middle Earth
  • Starting off, the presentation was amazing! There were so many little details in the ads and the pages looked so cool with the worn down scroll feel.​
  • The map was very nice and loved everything about it. Maybe next time a little bit of color would be nice just to make it a bit more lively​
  • The introduction was very helpful as I have never seen LOTR and haven’t read the Hobbit in ages so thank you for that.​
  • I liked how Hobbiton felt very family friendly which Universal lacks in my opinion.​
  • The theater show was nice and I loved how it included audience interaction but it felt a little lackluster in the overall detail and how things work.​
  • Lanthir was great and all the food options sounded delicious​
  • Taethatdis Treasures was absolutely amazing! The level of detail was great and the way it used modern technology was amazing. It really was an amazon addition to the project.​
  • There and Back Again was really well thought out. When I first saw it was a flume ride, I was a little worried since it had so many show scenes and things you could easily miss if you were going so fast. But really nice thinking when adding the magnets. It really helps the boats have more control just like it said in the writeup.​
  • Mines of Moria was amazingly written and had a great amount of detail. It kinda reminds me of a more upscale Revenge of the Mummy ride which is a good thing to me haha​
  • Love the TMNT shoutout lol​
  • Overall, this was an amazing project and very well thought out. The way you all worked together and made this project flow was amazing. Great work!​
Creativity: 9/10
Realism: 8/10
Detail: 9/10
Presentation: 9/10
Group Work: 10/10
Total: 45/50

Team Old School - The Wasteland

• I have also never watched any of the Mad Max movies so the little intro helped a lot​
  • The presentation was simple but very effective in kinda getting a feel of the land​
  • The map was very well done and helped me visualize everything​
  • The shops were nice and I liked all the little interactive elements​
  • I am not sure a virtual queue is the best option for the ride. Unlike ROTR, the ride type doesn’t have a low capacity and IMO isn’t really needed. I think a single standby would have been good.​
  • The ride itself was very cool and had so many wonderful effects​
  • The stunt show was great. It felt true to Univeral’s brand in some way​
  • The two attractions for younger kids were very nice and really helped balance everything out​
  • The dining was great and everything sounded so delicious. It definitely made me hungry haha.​
  • Overall, a few little things could have been improved but it was a great and solid project. Great work!​
Creativity: 8/10
Realism: 7/10
Detail: 8/10
Presentation: 8/10
Group Work: 9/10
Total: 40/50​

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Team Next Gen

It was truly a pleasure and thrill to see so many new faces become a collective powerhouse this time around, and really speaks volumes to how much potential this season has. That being said, I wasn't a big fan of the chosen IP just because of how obvious it was. There were a lot of other ideas floating around I would have rather seen you go with. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan, it's just a bit of an overplayed concept for Armchair Imagineering.

All that being said however, I think this was as much of a homerun as a somewhat over-used IP possibly could be. The obvious thing to praise here is the presentation. It felt so authentic I could almost feel the magazine pages flipping in my hands. It really felt like a piece of actual theme park promotional material. Top to bottom with the in-jokes, gags, concept art, placement of the photos and layout of the pages, I was impressed with every single page.

I'll admit I was pretty skeptical about the idea of breaking this up into three sub-lands. Middle Earth is a HUGE environment, and to essentially take all the major set pieces from the first two acts of Fellowship was a risky venture indeed. All that being said, it definitely paid off. After experiencing Galaxy's Edge, I think there's a level of authenticity at theme parks when it comes to recreating fictional environments that's really hitting a renaissance. You were able to take a giant swath of Middle Earth and condense it down into a grand but realistically scaled theme park land.

Hobbiton was actually my favorite part of the project just because of how lived in it felt, even it was the most modest. The festival vibe going on, the rolling hills, all the different stands and the placement of the flat rides were just perfect. Rivendell is easily the most immersive of the three lands in the way you describe it, and I think Tolkien himself would be blown away with this level of detail in a theme park setting. The raft ride has some awesome technology at play, but felt a little disjointed from the rest of the land with how it directly retold scenes from the trilogy as opposed to weaving the iconography into a post-war storyline. Still a fantastic attraction with some really cool tech.

The Moria attraction was definitely the highlight here, and I loved the idea of Gandalf the White having a rematch with the Balrog and helping the dwarfs reclaim their kingdom. This felt legitimately lived-in and was by far the coolest part of the land from a post-war storytelling point of view. I'd really like to see some of these ideas explored in the Amazon series. My only nitpick, though it certainly adds to the realism, is that I felt with both the tentpole attractions there was a little bit too heavy of a use of screens.

Overall this is a fantastic proposal of a predictable IP, and it's fascinating to see the other team's counter-balance to this.

Realism: 9/10
Detail: 10/10
Presentation: 10/10
Total: 47/50

Team Old School

I was definitely nervous about the divide in the number of brainstorming pages between the two teams, but in the end you guys took the slow and steady approach and came out with a project that...while not as flashy or overly ambitious as the other team, I felt was even more creative and well realized. You wanna talked about lived in, this project is the dictionary definition of this term. I LOVE the atmosphere here and how it all comes together in such a kinetic way. Having Road to Valhalla end with an outdoor section just gives the land such a sense of flow to it and I can so easily envision where everything goes and how all the individual pieces fit together.

One of the BIG strengths of this project is how you took the challenges of adapting Mad Max into a theme park environment and ran with them. The burnt out neon sign spelling the name of the store with the lit up letters? Ingenious! The gift shop at the exit of the E ticket being raided and in shambles? Inspired! The Mechanic being a role-played character throughout the land in an experience that's right in between the levels building a droid and a lightsaber? *chef's kiss* So many creative details and decisions that had me simply nodding in approval every step of the way. I love, love, LOVE that you saved the Doof Warrior as an impressive AA and didn't waste him as streetmosphere or a screen. The pace of the E Ticket in general is absolutely wonderful and really calls to mind why Fury Road is so exhilarating and one of my top five movies of the past decade.

The ropes course and Thunderdome were equally impressive, with the rope course adding a TON of variety to the offerings at play in the land and Thunderdome being a brilliant callback to both the original trilogy and the mad genius that is Waterworld. Big shoutout to @AceAstro for his first major contribution to the season and definitely showing us that he's here to play! Even the bumper cars were an ingenious addition with the scoring system. A simple yet innovative idea to plus a timeless classic of a carnival ride.

While you guys didn't score as high numbers wise, I think conceptually I actually really preferred pretty much everything about this project. You were just going up against a juggernaut of a presentation format with one of the most well oiled machines of an initial team I've ever seen in the first project. Overall you all should be very proud of this one. It's one of my personal favorite and most memorable projects I've seen in the game in the past couple seasons and were just getting started!

Creativity: 10/10
Group Work: 8/10
Total: 34/40

mickeyfan5534

Team Next-Gen
Entering the competition like a hurricane! Lord of the Rings is certainly an overused IP but I think that you really nailed exactly what makes it such a popular project. The world is so fascinating and you did something original on top of that by making it set after the Fellowship's adventure. Let me just say that I really had to sell @TheOriginalTiki from coming into this from feeling like it's the size of the rest of the park (love you Teekster) and while I would have loved seeing stuff brainstormed like Nicktoons, I think it was ultimately a good idea to go with this. It really feels just as "Epic" as Monsters, Nintendo, and Dragons.

Creativity: Like I said, Lord of the Rings is a classic IP to use for very good reasons. Middle Earth is an awesome world with so much potential for a theme park land and you used all that potential to its maximum and a ton of choices were made to elevate this in the creativity department. The choice to set it post-One RIng destruction, the Gandalf-Balrog rematch for the big E-ticket, and the smaller scale of certain areas really helped out here.
Realism: I'm shocked Universal or Disney haven't snatched up Lord of the RIngs for their parks tbh. I could see either and I think this is a very Universal way of doing Lord of the Rings.
Detail: Everything I want from this is right here. I love seeing everything explained so well and so eloquently and I love me a map.
Presentation: The sense of humor in the ads is impeccable and it doesn't take away from the actual presentation on top of it. I love the magazine.
Group Work: Once everyone got on the same page, you were golden and got to work. I think that there was so much that could have gone wrong, especially with so many of you being newcomers but no, you were all on board and got to work.

Final Scores
Total: 46/50​

mickeyfan5534

Team Old School
What can I say? This team is but one thing: iconic. So many heavy hitters had the risk of clashing but you quickly got on the same page and got on with it. Were there some things I would have preferred to Mad Max? Yes. In fact, I believe it was this team who briefly talked about Final Fantasy which would have stolen my JRPG loving heart. But you sold The Wasteland so well that ultimately, I don't care. You're all amazing and I can't wait to see how you all continue in this competition.

Creativity: Never would I have ever thought a Mad Max land would even work but you sold it. I think it takes a lot of creativity to make a post-apocalyptic wasteland seem appealing and you really put in the legwork to make it seem like a fun place to explore. The amount of kinetic energy in this land would be AMAZING! It's so good.
Realism: All that said, I don't think that Mad Max has the relevance for Universal to make it. The direction of the parks is very "popular now, redo it later" so I do have to dock you for some points here.
Detail: I'm so easily swayed by a map. Detail is so hard for me because I'm a very auditory-visual type of person with my imagination but you really sold this to me for the most part with only a certain "je ne sais quois" missing that really amounted to an unidentifiable nitpick here and there.
Presentation: A beautiful google doc, nothing wrong with that but just not a ton to talk about.
Group Work: The chemistry here was spectacular. You had some butting of heads at first but once that settled down, it was great.

Final Scores
Realism: 7/10
Total: 41/50​

spacemt354

Chili's
Hello friends - I was so impressed with the effort to kickstart the season that I just wanted to give a little fan review to the projects and some encouraging words for the future.

teamnewschool-png.474040

- The book report format is amazing - coinciding with the Hobbit and LoTR being actual novels I think you couldn't have picked a better way to present this project.
- The IP is something that I haven't seen used in imagineering since *maybe* SA2 in 2014, at least in an imagineering competition. Or perhaps in old age my memory is going. It does probably feel overused for veteran armchair imagineers who have probably thought of this kind of project a lot, but I think for a team of new players that is totally understandable.
- If these reviews become a continuous thing for me - you'll find that I love brainstorming, teamwork, artwork, and folks who try new things. Those are usually the staples that get high marks. And that combo from this team is actually what encouraged me to write this.
- @montydysquith-navarro @goofyyukyukyuk17 @NigelChanning09 and many more on this team who are playing for the first time, I just wanted to say how amazing it was to see you all be so active and have fun!
- The high volume of activity was telling, y'all were flying through pages going back and forth discussing the project. You also had strong leadership and organization that was internally appointed. Strong starts from both @PerGronStudio and @Outbound fresh off Sorcerer's Apprentice I think offered a nice anchor to the team to keep the flow organized.
- As for the contents itself, all around good job. I won't be too nitpicky in this review on the bits and pieces but I think from the custom logo to the artwork, to the dining (@Pufflefan ;) ) this was a great first project that set the stage for what is to come.
- And now that you're on different teams - for the new folks just take this from someone who has played each format of this competition over the years - pace yourselves!
- Get to know your teammates and socialize! Especially in these crazy times it's nice to have a community here that is supportive and here for each other, even if virtually.
- Awesome work!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Creativity: 8/10 - pretty solid
Realism: 8.5/10 - based on Epic Universe this would be something that relatively would fit in the park
Detail: 10/10 - speaks for itself
Presentation: 9.5/10 - book report, custom art, custom logo, everything legible, the remaining 0.5 point is to encourage more!
Teamwork: 10/10
Total: 46/50

spacemt354

Chili's
51BHOQ4q6sL._AC_.jpg

- The Mad Max choice was an interesting one. On one hand I do think it balances out the park which from at least what we know does tend to skew more kid friendly with Nintendo, How To Train Your Dragon, etc but on the other hand would this land be considered too adult compared to some of the other PG-13 properties folks were discussing. It's not like Universal has not had attractions on R-rated films (ie Terminator) but the entire land based on it was my concern.
- However, upon reading through the project, the focused emphasis on the post-apocalyptic setting and world aesthetic of the film transcended my initial worry because it's more focused on that than anything else. A really smart and original choice!
- The team itself lived up to its name with leaders like @JokersWild bringing the true SYWTBAI spirit to the table mixed with veterans such as @AceAstro and @Pi on my Cake who might not have played as much in SYWTBAI but just know how to get an imagineering project done.
- For this team to succeed, it didn't need the endless conversation of the New School. In fact I think that might have actually derailed this team. What it needed was focus and dusting off the cobwebs for the future rounds.
- There were some real world considerations as well, and that's totally understandable (hey I gave up my spot due to life after initially signing up, so I get it)
- The map and world building again I think was the highlight of this project. The attractions seemed to flow very well into the landscape and give the park a more eclectic menu of rides.
- Overall I think this was a solid entry, and while it seemed like you might have wanted it to be a bit crisper towards the end, I think this was a very worthwhile first project and a very solid springboard forward!
--------------------------------
Creativity: 10/10 - high risk high reward IP
Realism: 8/10 - it might be a tough sell to a board at first, but I think this would be the direction to go if this IP was chosen.
Detail: 8/10 - It was concise
Presentation: 8/10 - The map did carry this score on its back; I would love to see more original aspects like that!
Teamwork: 9/10 - It all flowed; some teams need constant communication, others are savvy vets have been here before.
Total: 43/50

Tux

TEAM NEXT GEN

> The presentation feels like an actual magazine down to the very core of the project, with the Typography being an accurate replica of the text used in magazines, the images almost all being similar quality which makes them feel like an actual publishing company made this, and the scroll pages match very well with the theme and the IP used for your project. The gags on some of the blank pages are pretty amusing and the fact that there are these pages makes it feel more authentic and like a real teaser. I appreciate the TMNT Shoutout in particular!

> The map is very nice and is very good at expressing the locations of throughout the park while giving a good overview of the big picture. However, a minor nitpick I have is that some of the trees near the buildings don't have the trunks drawn which can be confusing sometimes. Overall though, very good work and you did a good job at conveying the scenery and where everything was put.

> The introduction did a great job of reintroducing the plot of The Hobbit/The Lord Of The Rings which is a nice refresher and it allows those who haven't seen the books/movies to understand the context while also adding a neat backstory that helps add extra immersion to the land as a whole and it would probably make guests feel more connected to the land if so if it was real, while explaining why there are gift shops here and what not.

> The tone reminded me of the one used at the Wizarding World which probably would make it feel right at home in Universal, especially when it's right next to Fantastic Beasts and HTTYD which will probably be of the same caliber also in terms of tone and immersion, along with all three being fantasy universes.

> Sackville Bagginse And Sons Antiques, Halfling Baubles, Taethatdis' Treasures, and The Armory are all very good additions to the park, and I do enjoy how Taethatdis' and The Armory add some very unique souvenirs there which is a nice addition to a very unique trend found throughout immersive lands like Pandora, The Wizarding World/Diagon Alley, and Galaxy's Edge, and their backstories respectively, even if it does feel like they adapted much quicker than expected.

> Merry And Pippins kind of feels a bit odd given how quickly they latched onto the culture in the context of the land, but I suppose it still works so I'll give it a pass. That being said, Green Dragon Inn sounds like a nice place to eat out and I wouldn't mind visiting it if this land were to be real. Farmer Maggot's Market is also fairly nice and does fit very well into the land, given that this is in Middle Earth and farms would probably be very common. Admittedly, I have no idea how well The Afternoon Tea Room would fit, but I can see a lot of the treats being sold being very creative with the concept. Lanthia is probably the coolest one although I do wish you guys went more in depth with your descriptions with it, like the interior.

> A Hobbit's Journey is a very nice show and is a nice way of making a show exist in-universe that goes through the plot even though it already happened, although I will admit I am confused to how the Audience interaction works, especially with the sign up. Is it just giving an illusion of interaction? How do they know the Audience Member will actually comply and won't mess around? Is it Disaster scale of interaction or are they supposed to read a script and given instructions as the cast members go along? Sorry for the confusion, I just don't understand

> The Circle Of Fellowship is admittedly a very creative way to do a Flat Ride and making it inclusive to the universe. A fairly simple concept and a nice explanation to why the ride exists in universe while filling in a niche for more shorter wait time attractions to ride to fill in your day. I do wonder what the pavilion itself looks like though in terms of color though.

> The Flight Of The Great Eagles is a very cute attraction as well, and it adds a bit of a bittersweet tone to Gandalf's death, and although while I am worried somebody who say hasn't finished the book before visiting may be spoiled, because while it may be an older book, sure, some younger people may not have finished reading yet, so even so I think it would probably be a good idea to place it in a more concealed yet still accessible spot.

> The Ent Encounter is fairly nice and simple, and it does work well with the universe given while giving the area some life to it.

> There And Back Again was very well written and never felt cluttered, the pacing was absolutely perfect and the ride was a perfect mix of thrills, immersion, and storytelling. The ride system sounds absolutely amazing, and I love how much control is given to the vehicles throughout the ride which gives the ride more potential shots and more of a chance to explore a scene and it works really well with the given attraction as it adds more to the ride while significantly shortening the length as not as much buildup is needed for some scenes for certain motions to happen, although it does feel disconnected due to it having no explanation to as why we are witnessing the attraction, otherwise it's very good and I could see it being a classic.

> Mines Of Moria was perfect, down to the writing being absolutely amazing and it how it adds on to the world of The Hobbit/The Lord Of The Rings, the amount of detail given to nearly everything without creating an absolute overload of information, it feeling properly thrilling and amazing all throughout, and the concept was amazing and was properly fulfilled throughout.

> You guys did an excellent job working together and the amount of activity you had all throughout, with the amazing concepts and ideas you came up with to create this magnificent land. I can't wait to see what you all do in the future!

> While I did certainly like some of the ideas in the thread more than this one, this one was definitely still very solid and I enjoyed reading about it all the way through. I was very excited to see the Lord Of The Rings here since it was a perfect fit!

Presentation: 10/10
Group Work: 9/10

Total Score - 47/50

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just a basic guiding principle for anyone worried about how quickly the due date is coming up, remember that not every hole has to be an entirely different set piece. Stick to a theme, but don't feel too pressured to have each individual hole have a big "wow factor" to it. Every mini golf course has "wow" holes and filler holes in between. Hopefully that should help lighten the load a bit. I know 18 holes seems like a lot at first, so just remember not all of them have to be elaborate set pieces.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
It's with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to @tcool123. Everyone at Team TMNT wishes you well and hope things get better for you and your family during these times. With that in mind, go ahead and finish up the projects. It goes without saying there won't be another elimination this round on top of Basketbuddy and Tcool's departures. We were planning on next round being a double elimination, but we'll move forward with a single elimination so on that front were fine in terms of balancing out the numbers.

Tux

TEAM OLD SCHOOL

> The presentation was very simple in nature with it just being a customized google doc, but simple often works well, and it does look very pretty while matching the aesthetic of Mad Max with the color palettes matching the images and desert wasteland environment. Good job at making it work! Plus the editing was very smooth and I never thought like it got in the way.

> The map was very well done with lots of colors, outlines, and while giving a general idea of where everything was and how it was all connected. It came off as very strong and the usage of more brighter, neon colors added on to the duwop type themes found throughout.

> The introduction doesn't go as in depth as The Next Gen's and it didn't have nearly as much backstory to the land, but it still worked, although I do wish some more detail was added to it like a bit more of a refresher to the franchise, maybe how it immerses the guests, but it did do a good job at introducing your goal kind of like how a thesis essay does.

> The tone and theme I feel fits right at home in Epic Universe as much at Next Gen's does, maybe even more as it balances the park out more since in the Next Gen project it's three fantasy type sublands and then suddenly Classic Monsters which causes Classic Monsters to feel more alienated compared to Mad Max which adds more darker/thrill-based elements to the park which goes well with the Classic Monsters theme and creates a sense of balance between the two halves.

> The World Building and Aesthetic aspects explored in the Area Description are pretty neat and do an excellent job at introducing one of the best parts of the project --- how it expands and feeds off of the original IP, as it really feels like a post apocalyptic wild west 50s themed settlement and it added some backstory and context to the town and what was going on.

> The War Rig And Gas Town Traders was a very creative way to create a gift shop, with the emphasis on the world building and the creative ways a bunch of abandoned, rusting cars were used to create a bustling marketplace, and how it's used to further the backstory behind this abandoned town and the themes that are used.

> The Road Warrior Bar And Rescue along with Bastion both work really well with the setting and the aesthetics heavily used throughout the land and generally sound like very nice places to go to eat. I also like how The Road Warrior is rotting as it gives a feeling of this place having been abandoned for awhile due to the end and then being reutilized which works well with all of the world building, and Bastion was very creative in how it's name was chosen and how it's linked to a very unique use of a location, in this case, a gas station.

> The queue of Mad Max: Road To Vahalla did a good job at exploring the backstory and generally gave a very good overview of what was going on before the ride began and in a very creative way as well through the Graffiti which kind of reminds me of the Rattman art from Portal now that I think about it. However, I do think the interactive parts of the Queue are a bit too much and may clutter the queue up too much, especially considering how there's already a lot to see in the queue and how people will often hold up lines to complete queue games.

> The ride itself though is a very fitting conclusion to the backstory that was set up earlier which gives me a Rise Of Resistance/Galaxy's Edge type feel to it which is incredibly satisfying to see be set up and then to watch it be concluded properly throughout the ride in a very thrilling way that makes me feel that if this were to be real, this would easily top all of the previous Slot Car type attractions in the 'genre'/ride system and be the best due to the way it sets up thrills and how it works as the only major attraction in the land since less is more and this makes everything else extremely satisfying. The Gift Shop setup is very satisfying as well given the context of the story and how it connects to the rest of the land as well.

> The Thunderdome is a very nice way of reenacting one of the best parts of the original Mad Max trilogy in classic show style but the stunts added in that connect to the universe of Mad Max make it feel a lot more special in regards to some other shows given that this is a stunt show while tying back to the original in a very invigorating way during the project.

> The Crow's Nest Rope Course was also very creative due to how each path respectively was set up and how they pay tribute to the movies, give great scenic views throughout the land, and how they also connect to the over looming plot of the land.

> The War Boy's Battle Cars works well to give children something to do throughout the land, and the score system is genius with how it works with the bumper car system. You also did a great job at reflecting on how the system can be abused and adding restraints to it. I can easily see the system being replicated in other parks as something very original and unique to this project alone.

> The way the Streetmosphere is utilized is very creative, with the History Man adding a sense of new perspective to the land while still adding some exposition to the random blokes who just walked and had just about as much idea of what Mad Max is about as how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, and the character concept sounds pretty interesting to explore through his interactions with guest. Meanwhile The Heralds are also cohesive with the theme and have a very interesting aesthetic to them all, especially with the post apocalyptic band aesthetic. The way the two stratosphere work hand in hand to help explain things while not depending on entirely being 'exposition fairies' is fantastic and it's a testament to how much you guys cared about the land as a whole.

> While you guys certainly were not as active as The Next Gen in earlier stages, you had a more solid structure from the beginning and built from the ground up and were absolutely golden the moment it happened.

> While the IP of Mad Max is certainly one that needs to be handled with caution given the film rating, and while although Universal is expected to have grittier IP, I think it works well with the Epic Universe park as the other IPs don't go as hard as this one and as a result it gives the park a breath of fresh air while working with Classic Monsters to create a duality. Good Job! However, I am still worried about how relevant the Mad Max is and how well this would be theoretically perceived because while it's a classic, it's not likely for Universal to make an investment like this with it being more dated.

> While I was initially worried about the slow progress you guys made in the beginning, you made an absolutely amazing project with a great understanding of what makes other IP based lands so great and amplified it to make an amazing project. Be very proud of yourselves!

Realism: 8/10

Total Score - 43/50

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom