So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HUB THREAD

mickeyfan5534

So yea, the only rule on what you can't do is that it has to have not come to Broadway yet. That being said, creativity is still a major factor here when it comes to selecting a film that already has a previous stage adaptation.
Additionally: check the Disney Theatrical Productions Wikipedia article. There are some options that have been done and that haven't been done that might surprise you.
You and my old coworker at the Disney Family Museum would get along swimingly, haha.
Hunchback is literal perfection and I will defend it to my death.

mickeyfan5534

For our contestants: Do. Not. Do. Hunchback. It's been done perfectly twice: once in German, once in English. If I see Hunchback even discussed being done in brainstorming, your team is in the bottom.
ADDITIONALLY: For purely selfish reasons (as in I'm working on one myself) a Sleeping Beauty musical will be judged extremely thoroughly and any and all nits will be picked

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey folks - I was really impressed with the projects last round - you all put fantastic effort into them and I hope to do them justice in the review podcast!

Just wanted to give you all a shoutout and a pat on the back for the effort so far this season it's wonderful to see new talents on display as the projects progress!

Tux

REVIEWS
‐---------------------------------
TEAM CITRA

> The presentation choice for this project in particular was very creative, not through visual design, but rather through the way you organize the pages as different documents, and then distribute them through different image links which creates a very unique index type structure with some very pretty art to go along with it! The use of google docs goes very well with this project. I also enjoyed all of the annecdotes in some of the images which is also a very unique way of introducing the main backstory and the overall concept. All of the art had a very unique art style to them, and I enjoyed seeing the work throughout the project.

> Speaking of Introductions, while there ultimately isn't a section dedicated to introducing it, I feel like it's made up by using the artwork to introduce the overall backstory, the main mechanics utilized throughout, and the location where the club is set. It added alot of personality to the project, and it gave us a quick sneak peak at what some designs/AAs to expect from the project. It's a very minimalistic approach, but I appreciate it as it gets the basic concept about the project across, and it makes it easier to take in as a result, which makes the project feel overall very cohesive. The backstory itself is fairly simple with it fitting in perfectly with Tomorrowland, and it's simple yet sweet nature makes it a very fun and creative idea to play around with.

> As for the tone, I certainly like how this project played around with it to make every room feel seperate from eachother. The grounds/exterior gave me a Mystic Manor type vibe, and while this may feel out of place without context to what the club is about, but it's a very minor nitpick in comparison to the rest with the Innoventions scraps pretruding out of the bottom of the manor. I like how Cresswood Hall feels very jovial, The Jurassic Gallery feels very peaceful despite how most dinosaur themed attractions are designed to have their thrills amped up ten fold, which is something I enjoy, and it feels very scenic in nature. I also liked how The Billiards Room was excellent at actually feeling like a western saloon of course with snarkier elements that make it feel different, and the Speakeasy feels flashier yet still just as snarky as The Billiards Room, which actually adds a bit of cohesion between the transition of the two. The way these segments connect reminded me of themed food chains like Hard Rock but it still feels different with it also still feeling like the Adventurer's Club, which makes it feel like a unique combination of the two.

> As for the Room Descriptions, I though that placing the club on top of the now empty Innoventions building was a wonderful idea, and the little references to what once stood there are very creative and I love how it ties in to the backstory, and The Grounds themselves sound absolutely beautiful, although once again without context, it can seem kind of offputting. However, The Foyer is where the backstory and overall concept, which is heavily linked to Sci-Fi comes into place, and I love how it transitions from a seemingly normal victorian type manor introducing Perdox to the more futuristic time travel themed area. The Atrium sounds absolutely beautiful, and I love the concept of the paintings changing throughout the day, and using a replica Time Machine as a stage show and the usage of analogue system. The Jurassic Gallery sounds a little conflicted in concept at first, but the way the concept is utilized makes it turn out to be actually pretty cool in design, and I absolutely love the contrast between the museum like seating area and the actual physical dinosaur AA sets in their natural habitat. The Feasting Hall sounds absolutely wonderful, and I love the jive of the whole place, and I love the backstory behind Magnus running the place and the inclusion of Louie Louie, which makes the entire hall very charming in nature. The Gardens are very simplistic but sound nice overall, maybe they could have more detail though. The Library has an amazing atmosphere to it and I think it would be a very nice area in addition to the rest, however I feel like it's a little too close to Ancient Greece for my likig, but that's just me and entirely subjective. It won't affect your rating. The Billiards Room, however, really takes the cake for this project, with it being in two very creative, and very detailed sections with entirely seperate feels to them despite still being clearly connected. I love the overall aesthetic feel of the old western side of the room, with tons of props and effects to stimulate the feel of it all, while the 20's side is absolutely amazing in how it captures the overall trends in that decade and it properly captures it's aesthetic too. The Trophy Room reminds me of that one scene from Northwest Manor Mystery in Gravity Falls where all of the taxidermied heads start coming alive and blood drips out of them, but toned down and yet that change in tone makes it eerier in a way. The Armory, however, feels like the forgotten red headed stepchild of the rooms, with no real description of the room, just a brief synopsis of what it's about. Overall, the rooms are mostly amazing except for the last one, but the beauty of the rest make me overlook the last.

> The Dining Experiences are some of the biggest highlights of the project, I couldn't find a single one I disliked. My only real complaint is that the Jurassic Gallery was kind of underwhelming compared to the rest since it's basically the same description given by the room descriptions but longer. Everything else is wonderful though! I love the dynamic between Magnus and Louie, and how they interact together to create a looping performance, and I like how every room has a different menu to it, which while not the most realistic, is still a very fun concept overall, and I like how the menus are connected to the two main characters of this room. I love the character interactions between "Rocky" and "Socky", with their snark but still being suprisingly cute together. Also the inclusion of a piano player is a very nice touch that I feel like helps complete the room. I also love the inclusion of a rotating stage, with it giving off a Carousel Of Progress type feel, with each scene mimicking eachother while being different, and with their children this time, which is a very nice touch. "Pocky" and Clyde both feel like friends but also feel slightly more distant, but I also like the nice touch of them still being wary and treating the Speakeasy like it's an illegal operation due to history. Little things like this make The Billiards Room my favorite room in the project simply from how well thought out it is.

> The events feel very creative and I like how they all link together to create a massive show throughout the span of the day but with enough variety to give it revisitation value as no experience is likely going to be the same at this club. In a way, it makes me feel like this is like the ultimate upgrade of The Adventurers Club, which isn't a compliment that should be taken likely because I didn't even think it was possible prior, while also being a proper replacement for the old innoventions by taking it back to it's roots. I'm a bit concerned on how some of the unscripted events will mesh with the rest of the shows sometimes though. Like, does Dodo Petting still happen during the 20s even though they would be extinct then? However, this is a time travel themed club, so what do I know, it's time travel, who cares.

> Holy crap there are alot of characters here, though to be fair, that's to be expected from an Adventurer's Club based location though. All of the lore of the characters was very interesting and I can tell that everyone put alot of thought into them all. I like the rivalry between Thaddeus and Rod, and their histories, personalities, and dynamics make them both very interesting characters, and Rod's motivation makes him stand our as an antagonistic forces and his methods make him stand out. As for the others, I love how unique their backstories, personalities, motivations, beliefs, and dynamics are with the Time Travel plot allowing for a very diverse cast throughout the club. I also enjoyed the reference to Daisy. Overall, I genuinely like every single character that was created for this project.

> The Holiday Events are a nice touch, although I'm a bit worried about the upkeep since Disney's management can be slow with changes, so I'm worried about how the operations would work. Also, I don't know how the walkthrough works, is the entire building reutilized for the walkthrough, or is it only a portion? Sorry, just confused. Otherwise, they're very nice in concept, but I don't know how they would work in execution. Especially with the Armory Firework addition.

> I do want to give credit to @JokersWild and @Sharon&Susan for their major contributions to this project and the brainstorming project, thank you for all you have helped contributed to this round. Everyone else also did good, but you two in particular were absolutely amazing. Now that the teams have been switched around though, I'm excited to how you all interact in the near future!

Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 8/10
Detail: 9/10
Presentation: 9/10
Group Work: 9/10

Total Score - 45/50

> The presentation for this project was extremely creative as well, using fake blog screenshots and graphic organizers to help create an introduction to the project and to give a frame of reference of the club. I also appreciated the usage of Google Docs in the project and the customization of it to give it a forest aesthetic, but there is a feeling of empty space to it and the text's color sometimes doesn't contrast too well with the background. I also enjoyed the usage of first person throughout the presentation as it's not very often to see it being utilized, and it helps the project stand out just a bit more compared to some of the others.

> While there isn't really a defined area to where the introduction actually starts and where it ends, it's technically still there, so ultimately it counts, and outside the labelling issues, I think it was a job well done! You created a interesting way to announce the project through a false announcement, announced what was being replaced and the location, the very interesting and pretty sounding entrance and how it works, gave a good synopsis, and explored the general backstory and lore behind the restaurant. That's basically everything you could want in an introduction as it establishes practially everything in a very quick time span with a lot of attention to detail. Excellent job!

> The tone throughout the project was very mystical in nature (pun not intended) with just how beautiful the aesthetic elements of each sector were and how accurately they showed the most beautiful elements of each season mixed in with some more mature elemente, and how they connect to certain faires throughout. The fairies names and roles throughout the mythical world built by the backstory of this club certainly add onto this with their names having different meanings in certain languages and how they look over certain rooms throughout the land. I'm pretty ambivalent as to whether or not there are not enough characters, as yes, I do feel like more characters would be nice and would fit in woth the nature of this prompt, but I'm worried that they'd get repetitive quickly due to the backstory focusing on season oriented fairies and there's only so far you can go with it. However, I'm a bit concerned about whether or not It'll be trapped by a tonal clash between the more whimsical elements and the more mature ones.

> The Aviva Grove is very beautiful from the sounds of it, and I love the aesthetic of the trees used, and the immersive elements of the room and the way it would probably really make you feel like your right in an actual forest! I also like the touches of adding oversized items throughout the room which is certainly a very creative idea, and it makes it really feel more like it belongs to the fairies. The Teapot Kitchen/Bar idea is a very smart way of incorporating a dining area in, and the Anoxi performances sound pretty cool. The incorporation of table games is a very unique idea that I haven't seen used before, and it fits just about perfectly with the nature of Anoxi. I like the interactivity of the performance, which makes it a bit more special.

> The Therosian Fields are very pretty as well, and I like the idea of the room being based on a summer picnic area in a field. The rotating stage is a very efficient idea and would probably mesh extremely well with it's surroundings. I like the amount of lore that Kalokari got and how it expands on her character more, along with her beliefs, dynamics, and the likes which adds much more depth to her compared to her intro. The performance being improvised winds up adding much more to it than if it was scripted, allowing for a different experience everytime. I also like some of the more consistent parts of her performance like her stories always ending in fights. With all of that said, I feel like the fields themselves and the bars could have been expanded on more, but I'm still okay with the current state of them.

> The Sienna Hills is absolutely lovely, from the beautiful fall aesthetic, to how connected it is with Thosi, to the emphasis on leaves which works well with the autumn theme, and the activity connected directly to this room. The idea of a leaf path is pretty cool and sounds very pretty, although I don't know if the breeze is a story element or meant to be stimulated in the club, and I like the idea of the bar being made of stone. I like the concept Thosi's performance being her sketching and creating aet, it's a nice change of pace compared to some of the other ideas. I also appreciate the added narrative to this section of the project as it compliments the backstory extremely well in this case.

> The Demetrian Cabin is my favorite one mainly due to it's many design choices due to the winter scene outside, the many effects simulating winter and the Aurora Borealis, and it doesn't help that the cabin environment os extremely cozy sounding with the rustic and medieval designs with fire lighting up the place. The game that goes along with this section isn't the most original, but the twist on the original with the aesthetic choices help make up for that. I like how the cabin works with Hemonas personality as they blend extremely well together. I also enjoyed many of the references and the puns strewn across the text, I thought they were all...pretty cool. Sorry, I should really chill with the puns and stop giving everyone the cold shoulder. As for the Abs part, it comes with the territory, no shame in that.

> The Crown Bar works extremely well as the centerpiece of the attraction, while also functioning as the conclusion and summary of the venue. The interior of the Tree Of The Times has this warm feeling due to the glow it would probably give off due to the fairy orbs. I liked the inclusion of puppetry for Oberon and Titania's acts respectively as it contrasts well with most of the other cast being played by live actors. I also think that Oberon and Titania both have a decent character dynamic together. All of the Entertainment was amazing in just how well thought out it all was, with it all contributing to the lore, the characters, or other things established earlier throughout the club, I liked the Acorns and Pebbles being a recurring theme and the closing ceremony is a very well rounded and well thought out way to close a performance. Of course, then there's @gam3rprincess 's closing, which is a such an awesome way to close a project while incorporating your own thoughts and hopes for your work onto the project and voicing what you personally envisioned.

> As for group work, you all did your absolute best working together on this project, and had probably the best collaboration of any team this round. I enjoyed seeing everyone put their best into this project and with the exception of a few criticisms, it turned out to be a very well rounded project in the end. It was amazing to see you all come together, and I hope to see you guys do your best going into the future!

Creativity - 10/10
Realism: 9/10
Total Score - 46/50

TEAM DURANGO

> The presentation for this project while simple with it mainly utilizing just a forum thread, winds up working just as well as say a Google Document in the end mainly because the formatting works just as well with the forum thread since the forum posts can represent different areas and pages of the document, just with less customization, but even then the presentation is still rather solid. The images throughout the presentation really helped make the project feel more professional in the end, especially with the letter in the beginning. The photo edit and the map were also extremely nice touches that made the project feel like this could actually exist in Disney Springs. I also once again enjoyed the first person POV that was given in this project, especially since it made the project feel more real in a way. I also enjoyed all of the flags and the fictional map that was made for this project, especially since it really feels like something out of Game Of Thrones. Overall, this is an extremely nice looking presentation that's simple in nature yet sweet.

> The introduction was very smooth, and gave me all the info I needed to make out the overall concept behind the project as a whole. The usage of a document to introduce the overarching ideas and information about this project was an excellent choice, and it was immersive in how it reads like it was actually written and signed by Disney. It also worked well as a brief summary for the entire project and it helped set up expectations for the project as a whole. I also liked how the introduction also used those expectations to honor the spirit of the prompt and how the project is meant to be an upgrade from the original and be a direct tribute to it. I liked how you went into discussing the location which made the project feel a lot more believable in the long run. I also enjoyed the hint towards the in universe lore of the club, and the introduction towards the different houses which represent different rooms and the many characters that each represent. The brief mention of how the area was created was a good enough hook to get me interested in what was being talked about and how it was going to play out. Overall, a very good yet small start that properly establishes the project.

> The tone of the club itself is clearly inspired by Game Of Thrones from the various rooms to the dynasty related plotlines that mainly have to do with war and the gritty realistic tone that comes along with it, which makes for a pretty fun setting to play around with, especially with the contrast from what most might expect from the parks with it aiming towards and with the more adult audience you would expect from a night club rather than something more general audience based in the end, and it makes for a very interesting area that fits in with some of the themed venues around in the area that the club was directly constructed right in. That being said, this does feel toned down from the original inspiration of the tone for this club, but this probably only feels this way because A Song Of Fire And Ice is an entire book series and this is the equivalent of a DND setting in a way, where the characters, backstory, plot, and overarching ideas are already set up but not put into motion, and I like that, I feel like it goes with the interactive nightclub idea quite well.

> The Backstory for this particular club was pretty cool, and it really does read like A Song Of Fire And Ice but outside of the characters views and from rather an outside perspective and densed down to a brief description of what happened instead of it being an entire series. The way it establishes the dynamics between the many rooms and factions is very interesting as it sets up many of the relationships shown later in the picture with the current stations of all of the factions and what they're like. I like how every action winds up leading up to something in the long run, which is something Game Of Thrones failed to do later on, although this is more easily maintained with this project being created in a single sitting. I like how the conflict with King Henry creates the current situation that the club is created in and that each room represents a faction, which makes the world created for this particular club feel more immersive, and in a way it kind of reminds me of the factions found in many of Bethesda's RPGs, particularly Oblivion/Skyrim and pre-76 Fallout. The wedding was a great idea to bring all of the factions together, and it's interesting to wonder how this would all theoretically play out in universe.

> The Factions were all great, and I loved all of the history that was dedicated to them, it was very interesting to read through them all to see their histories, their relations to the backstories, how they connect with their respective characters, and how they all come together. I would say that you all did an excellent job at making this exactly like the Game Of Thrones/A Song Of Fire And Ice clans, especially with how they interact and how their tone feels the same, like if you took a ASOFAI/GOT house and described it outside of the book/show. I liked seeing how different factions had different economies and values in mind and how their moral standings were all so different. It was also interesting to see their relationships with all of the other factions, and I have to say that they were all excellently well done and that I love all of their concepts. It was also interesting to see how they all interacted after their lore caused issues between many of them.

> I loved how you introduced the Characters section by mainly stating what everyone was going for when creating them all, which is how they interact with each other, the guests, and the universe they were made for. The eavesdropping part is a very cool idea, with it allowing cast members to potentially explore their roles much more rather than just having to rehearse at home or backstage, while also giving a way to give more subtle characterization or understanding of them all. The idea of being able to join these conversations is always a nice concept, and it gives for more character-guest interactions if this were to be a real thing that was built in Disney Springs. The usage of tiers in the character section is a really nice way of organizing things so it's easier to tell the intentions with the characters and it helps fit with the plotline. The use of One-Time characters helps add more possible performances into the club and more personality to it while also needing less manpower. All of the characters feel like real people while also being extremely interesting in how they play out in the storyline. Your intentions wind up lining up with the end results and it winds up paying off well in the long run. However, I do feel like as a result of the emphasis on dynamics the character's personalities wind up coming to light more as a result as they get to be shown off more than if they didn't interact. I wound up loving mostly every character that was introduced in the character section, except for a couple of the more static characters, but I understand why they needed to exist in the first place, though I can safely say the Emeraldis residents stole my heart.

> The Rooms are extremely well developed, and all of them feel relevant to the overarching story and characters in the club, and every room feels special and important with it's own functions, performances, and activities. Even the less important rooms still have purposes whether it be through games, special characters, or atmosphere purposes, and it winds up holding up well in comparison to it's predecessor, with it following in the same fashion in terms of how well constructed it all is. Even if the Garden is objectively not the most important room, it still holds a purpose, and that's what makes this so great in the end. I like how many easter eggs and hit or miss features are scattered throughout the rooms, which makes it sound extremely fun to just walk around and explore, which makes it feel like you could theoretically revisit it and have a different experience everytime due to the amount of content, details, and atmosphere everything holds. The beer menu was a nice touch, and went well with how organized the different floors and areas seemed to be, which would probably make it easy to navigate if it were to be a real night club in Disney Springs. I also love how the Play Disney app was utilized throughout the project, whether it be through introducing the lore and certain aspects, which I appreciate in how it encourages the usage of the app and how creative the decision is so it doesn't feel like the lore was just shoved in your face. The menus were also greatly appreciated and I enjoyed the variety that was shown in them all, along with the fact that you gave us two great and very fitting menus throughout this text, and the post afterwards.

> The Interview Logs/Scrolls were extremely fun to read through, and I can tell that everyone put a whole lot of thought, care, consideration, planning, and detail into the whole thing! I loved how it gave examples of how many of the characters would interact with the guests and their environment throughout the transcripts. I also liked how it gave more detail and more of a look into the rooms that were previously described before, and gives a deeper look into how the shows run, how certain mechanics work, and the likes. I also appreciate the look into the dialogue typically used in some of the performances, which was something that I liked reading about. I like how the interviews gave more insight into some of the more interesting interactions the characters could have with them telling stories, and how they would react to certain questions, and what not, as well as how some characters will butt in and join also. I also appreciate how you outlined how certain puzzles would work and how they would play out, and the time intervals that you gave throughout the posts, which gave a frame of reference of how the typical day at the night club would run. I also think you did excellent on describing the action sequences, even if you weren't that familiar with it. You did a great job, you should be proud! I also liked how the interactions would sometimes go to a dramatic extreme that tells a different story every time depending on which character is afflicted and how it winds up effecting the overarching plot, with Andin's death which was very interesting. The fireworks were a great touch and was like a nice callback to the fireworks they have at the Rainforest Café. The wedding ceremony was extremely nice in how it played out, and it's interesting to think about how it would play out with other characters seeing as how it may vary. @Outbound and @goofyyukyukyuk17 did an excellent job doing a trip report type P.O.V throughout, and it was awesome at allowing for deeper introspection into the functions of the project as a whole and allowed for a better understanding in the end.

> The group work throughout the project was absolutely awesome! Everyone worked like a clockwork machine together with how the work was divided equally to create an excellent project in the end. You all contributed well in the brainstorming stage, and then everyone put their hand in once everyone agreed on the Game Of Thrones inspired drama plot for the night club. I loved this project a lot, and I can tell that you all put a lot of effort into the project in the end, especially with how much care was put into constructing almost everything into something awesome. I hope everyone is proud of themselves and I hope that everyone continues to create work similar to this!

Detail: 10/10
Group Work: 10/10
Total Score - 46/50

Last edited:

NateD1226

NateD1226’s Reviews

Team Citra - Cresswood Hall
  • Starting off, the idea was great and really was a nice addition to the park since tomorrowland struggles a lot with its identity.
  • The presentation, however, kind of bothered me how it was separated into multiple docs. That is a lot of tabs to have open and one big doc would have been nice. I know you were trying to get the newspaper effect but it didn’t really stand out
  • Also, there was a lot of detail which is awesome but imo, it needed more pictures. Just to balance everything out.
  • All the character descriptions were great and the concept art was awesome.
  • The holidays were a very nice touch and it is nice to see something other than a ride to get a holiday spin.
  • Overall, the project was very nice and had an amazing amount of detail. Although, a little more work on the presentation, and it would have tied the whole project together.

Creativity: 9/10
Presentation: 8/10
Total: 43/50

Team Orbis - The Timeless Forest
  • I absolutely loved this so much! It was very fun and creative
  • The idea of four seasons wasn’t the most original idea as it has been used a lot before, but you made it unique and different from the others so that it stood out to me as a new idea/concept of the four seasons.
  • I really enjoyed the fairies and how each one had its own personality. My personal favorite was Thosi. I loved the drawing idea and how it was kinda obvious on what the future was going to be.
  • One minor nitpick I had was the layout. It seemed very packed. Maybe more detail on the overall layout would have been nice
  • Another thing that would have been nice were some special events on the first day of each season just to fully capture the feel of the area.
  • Overall, it was very magical and I loved every little thing about it.
Total: 45/50

Team Durango - Disney’s Enchanted Palace
  • I’m speechless. This is filled with details and story. There is a lot to get to
  • The story is very unique and filled with detail.It sounds like it could be a book series of some sort. It also gave me Game Of Thrones vibes with all the posters and names.
  • The characters were great. My favorites were Prince Clayton and Duchess Lucinda
  • The concept art was awesome. It was nice to see the layout and designs of everything.
  • The mini trip report was nice. It was fun to see that 2 out of the 3 teams did their own little trip report/review
  • Overall, I can tell there was so much passion poured into this project. It was so amazing!

Detail: 10/10
Group Work: 10/10
Total: 47/50​

JokersWild

REVIEWS (TBA/WIP)
‐---------------------------------
TEAM CITRA

> The presentation choice for this project in particular was very creative, not through visual design, but rather through the way you organize the pages as different documents, and then distribute them through different image links which creates a very unique index type structure with some very pretty art to go along with it! The use of google docs goes very well with this project. I also enjoyed all of the annecdotes in some of the images which is also a very unique way of introducing the main backstory and the overall concept. All of the art had a very unique art style to them, and I enjoyed seeing the work throughout the project.

> Speaking of Introductions, while there ultimately isn't a section dedicated to introducing it, I feel like it's made up by using the artwork to introduce the overall backstory, the main mechanics utilized throughout, and the location where the club is set. It added alot of personality to the project, and it gave us a quick sneak peak at what some designs/AAs to expect from the project. It's a very minimalistic approach, but I appreciate it as it gets the basic concept about the project across, and it makes it easier to take in as a result, which makes the project feel overall very cohesive. The backstory itself is fairly simple with it fitting in perfectly with Tomorrowland, and it's simple yet sweet nature makes it a very fun and creative idea to play around with.

> As for the tone, I certainly like how this project played around with it to make every room feel seperate from eachother. The grounds/exterior gave me a Mystic Manor type vibe, and while this may feel out of place without context to what the club is about, but it's a very minor nitpick in comparison to the rest with the Innoventions scraps pretruding out of the bottom of the manor. I like how Cresswood Hall feels very jovial, The Jurassic Gallery feels very peaceful despite how most dinosaur themed attractions are designed to have their thrills amped up ten fold, which is something I enjoy, and it feels very scenic in nature. I also liked how The Billiards Room was excellent at actually feeling like a western saloon of course with snarkier elements that make it feel different, and the Speakeasy feels flashier yet still just as snarky as The Billiards Room, which actually adds a bit of cohesion between the transition of the two. The way these segments connect reminded me of themed food chains like Hard Rock but it still feels different with it also still feeling like the Adventurer's Club, which makes it feel like a unique combination of the two.

> As for the Room Descriptions, I though that placing the club on top of the now empty Innoventions building was a wonderful idea, and the little references to what once stood there are very creative and I love how it ties in to the backstory, and The Grounds themselves sound absolutely beautiful, although once again without context, it can seem kind of offputting. However, The Foyer is where the backstory and overall concept, which is heavily linked to Sci-Fi comes into place, and I love how it transitions from a seemingly normal victorian type manor introducing Perdox to the more futuristic time travel themed area. The Atrium sounds absolutely beautiful, and I love the concept of the paintings changing throughout the day, and using a replica Time Machine as a stage show and the usage of analogue system. The Jurassic Gallery sounds a little conflicted in concept at first, but the way the concept is utilized makes it turn out to be actually pretty cool in design, and I absolutely love the contrast between the museum like seating area and the actual physical dinosaur AA sets in their natural habitat. The Feasting Hall sounds absolutely wonderful, and I love the jive of the whole place, and I love the backstory behind Magnus running the place and the inclusion of Louie Louie, which makes the entire hall very charming in nature. The Gardens are very simplistic but sound nice overall, maybe they could have more detail though. The Library has an amazing atmosphere to it and I think it would be a very nice area in addition to the rest, however I feel like it's a little too close to Ancient Greece for my likig, but that's just me and entirely subjective. It won't affect your rating. The Billiards Room, however, really takes the cake for this project, with it being in two very creative, and very detailed sections with entirely seperate feels to them despite still being clearly connected. I love the overall aesthetic feel of the old western side of the room, with tons of props and effects to stimulate the feel of it all, while the 20's side is absolutely amazing in how it captures the overall trends in that decade and it properly captures it's aesthetic too. The Trophy Room reminds me of that one scene from Northwest Manor Mystery in Gravity Falls where all of the taxidermied heads start coming alive and blood drips out of them, but toned down and yet that change in tone makes it eerier in a way. The Armory, however, feels like the forgotten red headed stepchild of the rooms, with no real description of the room, just a brief synopsis of what it's about. Overall, the rooms are mostly amazing except for the last one, but the beauty of the rest make me overlook the last.

> The Dining Experiences are some of the biggest highlights of the project, I couldn't find a single one I disliked. My only real complaint is that the Jurassic Gallery was kind of underwhelming compared to the rest since it's basically the same description given by the room descriptions but longer. Everything else is wonderful though! I love the dynamic between Magnus and Louie, and how they interact together to create a looping performance, and I like how every room has a different menu to it, which while not the most realistic, is still a very fun concept overall, and I like how the menus are connected to the two main characters of this room. I love the character interactions between "Rocky" and "Socky", with their snark but still being suprisingly cute together. Also the inclusion of a piano player is a very nice touch that I feel like helps complete the room. I also love the inclusion of a rotating stage, with it giving off a Carousel Of Progress type feel, with each scene mimicking eachother while being different, and with their children this time, which is a very nice touch. "Pocky" and Clyde both feel like friends but also feel slightly more distant, but I also like the nice touch of them still being wary and treating the Speakeasy like it's an illegal operation due to history. Little things like this make The Billiards Room my favorite room in the project simply from how well thought out it is.

> The events feel very creative and I like how they all link together to create a massive show throughout the span of the day but with enough variety to give it revisitation value as no experience is likely going to be the same at this club. In a way, it makes me feel like this is like the ultimate upgrade of The Adventurers Club, which isn't a compliment that should be taken likely because I didn't even think it was possible prior, while also being a proper replacement for the old innoventions by taking it back to it's roots. I'm a bit concerned on how some of the unscripted events will mesh with the rest of the shows sometimes though. Like, does Dodo Petting still happen during the 20s even though they would be extinct then? However, this is a time travel themed club, so what do I know, it's time travel, who cares.

> Holy crap there are alot of characters here, though to be fair, that's to be expected from an Adventurer's Club based location though. All of the lore of the characters was very interesting and I can tell that everyone put alot of thought into them all. I like the rivalry between Thaddeus and Rod, and their histories, personalities, and dynamics make them both very interesting characters, and Rod's motivation makes him stand our as an antagonistic forces and his methods make him stand out. As for the others, I love how unique their backstories, personalities, motivations, beliefs, and dynamics are with the Time Travel plot allowing for a very diverse cast throughout the club. I also enjoyed the reference to Daisy. Overall, I genuinely like every single character that was created for this project.

> The Holiday Events are a nice touch, although I'm a bit worried about the upkeep since Disney's management can be slow with changes, so I'm worried about how the operations would work. Also, I don't know how the walkthrough works, is the entire building reutilized for the walkthrough, or is it only a portion? Sorry, just confused. Otherwise, they're very nice in concept, but I don't know how they would work in execution. Especially with the Armory Firework addition.

> I do want to give credit to @JokersWild and @Sharon&Susan for their major contributions to this project and the brainstorming project, thank you for all you have helped contributed to this round. Everyone else also did good, but you two in particular were absolutely amazing. Now that the teams have been switched around though, I'm excited to how you all interact in the near future!

Total Score - 45/50

TEAM DURANGO (WIP)

The answer to all of your questions/ confusions is time travel. The Dodo is there because of it. And I agree that the Armory is bad. I kind of wrote myself into a corner with wanting a second lounge and I had no idea how to make the room interesting haha.

mickeyfan5534

Reviews

Team Citra
I have to agree with Tux. I really appreciated the presentation style of this project. I'm a huge proponent to the fact that presentation can make or break a project and this one made the project. It's such a simple presentation but it's delivered with such panache and flair and each image really gets across exactly what Cresswood Hall is all about. The entire time I read your brainstorming, I was really getting a Doctor Who vibe from this. That really carried over into the final product but honestly, I'm not mad. It's a different take on the format. One that I really feel embraces how much of a hodgepodge Disneyland's Tomorrowland is. I can really imagine how much FUN it'd be to explore Cresswood Hall. With Disneyland's heavy AP base, I can't really see this being something of an "it" spot. The rooms are so well detailed and really embrace that "Adventurer's Club" spirit. The dining experience was laid out well and really involves the guest in the story.
Onto the most important part for me: the characters.
This just feels like exactly what the next step of The Adventurer's Club should be. This big group of wild, crazy, insane characters who just act like one big happy family welcoming new people into their group of time travelers. I must also curse you for acknowledging my love of dumb, ugly-looking characters with DumDum. I would throw myself in front of a monorail for DumDum and his little hat. He can snap at me all he wants. I want to populate my room with only DumDum merch from here on out.
Overall, this was such a great start to my reviews and I loved reading through this.

Creativity: 8/10 - Like I said, I was getting some Doctor Who vibes but you made it work
Realism: 9/10 - I don't see why this couldn't happen. Especially with the Carousel Theatre being such wasted space already.
Detail: 9/10 - I'd have liked to see more concept art and maybe even a map to really cinch this in.
Presentation: 8/10 - A tad busy for my liking but I'm not going to fault taking a risk and it working but not as well as you'd like.
Teamwork: 9/10 - I think you really came together to make something really special this round.
Total: 43/50

Team Orbis
This is more of an Adventurer's Club than Citra. But it's something TOTALLY different. Instead of adventure, you really leaned into ideas of fantasy and built this completely fascinating and spectacular world. I could see my sister and I taking a night to go to Disney Springs and experience this. It really befits itself as a spiritual successor of The Adventurer's Club but totally separates itself with that magical, mystical theme. That said, I really wish you had created more characters. The Adventurer's Club really made its mark because of the HUGE number of characters you could come across. To go from all those to just four and a couple of puppets really left me wanting so much more.
That said: I adore every single one of these fairies. I'd love to play a game of Acorns with Anoxi, listen to Kalokari's stories, have a prediction from Thosi, and have a laugh at the increasingly slutty Hemonas.
In a section that proves how important the little details are with these projects: the pebbles and acorns. This was a freaking brilliant touch and really builds out the world you've created. The drinks as well, nice touch, and well themed to the bar.

Creativity: 8/10 - Disney's done it before with Tinkerbell so I do admit to knocking you down a notch here
Realism: 7/10 - I think the fairy concept is a bit too deceptively kiddie. I can see Karen Intitolato from Long Island, New York thinking it is something it is totally not.
Detail: 8/10 - Everything I wanted. I loved it. I just wish you had something in the area of 4 more characters. Sidekicks for the fairies maybe?
Presentation: 8/10 - I love that trip report format. It's stellar.
Teamwork: 10/10 - This team just gets on like a house on fire. A group of Imagineers vibing perfectly.
Total: 41/50

Team Durango
I'm gonna be 100% honest. I was rooting for your team to win the second the kingdom idea was discussed. This project is the perfect end for me. It takes the best aspects of Citra and Orbis but does something entirely different from the other two. There's a really interesting narrative through the night. If anything would be the fan-favorite as an Adventurer's Club successor, I believe it'd be this. I can see myself really digging deep into Enchanted Palace and enjoying the story unfolding before me. The characters that populate the club are easily the most compelling and the way they are set up is exactly how you get people talking to them.
Speaking of, I think this is my favorite cast of characters. Prince Andin and his attendant's secret romance, Prince Clayton and his friends who I just picture as a himbo squad who share a single brain cell that Ford keeps hold of because everyone else would lose it, Lyla and Gabrielle the fabulous girl squad, I can keep going. This is just... the best cast which I really wanted to see with this project: those interesting characters intrinsically tied to the setting and the story. I can honestly not praise this enough.

Creativity: 9/10 - It's Disney does Game of Thrones and does it better than George R.R. Martin.
Realism: 8/10 - It's a tad big for me honestly.
Detail: 10/10 - Bordering on too much detail frankly.
Presentation: 9/10 - Something about this just REALLY spoke to me.
Teamwork: 10/10 - You knew you had a winning concept from the word 'go' and you went with it. This team was electric this round and nothing could stop you.
Total: 46/50

Outbound

Drunken podcast with @spacemt354 and @mickeyfan5534 happening LIVE tonight at 11PM Eastern/8PM Pacific.
There will be booze. Oh yes...there WILL be booze!

KUNGALOOSH!

I'll say this much about teamwork... we were certainly given a challenging hand with two of our members mostly out of commission and our PM given the role when they didn't want it. That's not to point the blame or excuse anyone but it was sorta a recipe for disaster and I'm super happy the members that were active -- myself, Goofy, and PerGron when possible -- quickly got on the same page and contributed so much in a week. We were really dedicated to this general concept and each one of us wanted to make it as grandiose as possible despite our setbacks last round. Very proud of us: a fitting end to Team Durango, which always struggled with getting inspired.

mickeyfan5534

I'll say this much about teamwork... we were certainly given a challenging hand with two of our members mostly out of commission and our PM given the role when they didn't want it. That's not to point the blame or excuse anyone but it was sorta a recipe for disaster and I'm super happy the members that were active -- myself, Goofy, and PerGron when possible -- quickly got on the same page and contributed so much in a week. We were really dedicated to this general concept and each one of us wanted to make it as grandiose as possible despite our setbacks last round. Very proud of us: a fitting end to Team Durango, which always struggled with getting inspired.
This is why I was having such a hard time and I settled on the 10/10 for your teamwork. You got dealt a raw hand and made something OUTSTANDING out of it.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Are the other two reviews on the way?

(If not, it’s ok, I was just getting curious)

Sorry I didn't say something sooner, but I've been dealing with both rolling blackouts and the internet randomly cutting out which is why i haven't gotten to my feedback yet. Who besides me hasn't posted reviews?

NigelChanning

On an unrelated note, Disney just announced that Splash Mountain will be re-themed to The Princess and the Frog at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

Can I get a link to the Hype thread?

Going live with a new Spielberg/Amblin themed edition of Disney Debates. Questions will include.

1. What is the best animated film produced by Steven Spielberg
2. What is the all time greatest Animaniacs segment
3. Pitch an attraction based on a Spielberg movie that doesn't already have theme park representation

Don't miss out on the fun and be there in the comments for a chance to help judge! Starting tonight at 10PM Eastern/7PM Pacific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom