So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14 - Sign-Ups & Festival of Imagination

RMichael21

Well, folks. You did it. You actually did it.

images

Due to your popular demand, raging fan mail, friendly letters, rabid emails, and curious bits of adult-flavored fanfiction, we here at the Fifty Shades of... Wait, wrong thread. Yeesh. Wrong website entirely. Ignore this.

*Clears Throat*

Due to popular demand, @TheOriginalTiki and I have decided to bump the original sign-up date of Monday, February 20th to tonight, Friday, January 27th. Additionally, we have made the conjoint decision to kick off Season 14 on a new date: Thursday, February 9th, 2017. That's right, my friends. SYWTBAI will be coming your way waaaaay sooner than previously anticipated!!

giphy.gif

Applaud away, Australian chap. Applaud away. Trust me, we're just as excited as you are.

Why did we make this decision? Because of you guys! Seriously, we are touched and overwhelmed with the fantastic response we have received over the past few hours. We are on track to creating something truly special here, and it's all thanks to you, the community. As a collective team, we can turn the world of armchair Imagineering into something truly special. Season 14 promises to be the best season yet, and it's all thanks to you.

As mentioned earlier, we are looking to fill the seats of twelve to fifteen contestants. So, in a way, space is limited, but you have plenty of time to sign-up in between now and February 8th, our cutoff date. Good luck, and happy hunting...er, uh, happy signing-up? I don't know, it's difficult being comedic... Then again, it's also difficult being so handsome...

FPB88VCHABC55CP.MEDIUM.jpg

/\ Would you look at that handsome mug? It's a face only a mother could love... That is if your mother was composed of plant matter and ate human flesh for breakfast...much like my own mother... Anywho...

In the true fashion of SYWTBAI, here is our time-honored, cherished and beloved questionnaire, one in which has been passed down from one generation of Roman emperors to the next. I'm dead serious, ask Julius Caesar. Although, all of them are dead. So... Anyways... To enter for a slot in Season 14, please answer the following three questions accordingly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

giphy.gif

A) Your Username and What it Represents:

rs_500x272-150603111143-rs_500x272-150522100555-giphy.gif

B) Your Favorite Non-Disney Attraction:

tumblr_n4m36rrfwf1s2wio8o1_500.gif

C) Your Favorite Armchair Imagineering Project, Past or Present:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The deadline to sign-up is February 8th by 8:00 PM, Pacific Time. Fill out the three questions above by said date, and we will have a cast list announced shortly thereafter. Good luck! I'm sure Tiki will have additional thoughts to share following this post. ;)

I'd like to offer a special thanks to all those who have displayed an interest in Season Fourteen thus far. I would tag all of you, but there are just too many of you! Haha.

We look forward to enjoying what will certainly the best season of SYWTBAI yet with you all. Now then...

giphy.gif

- MANEATINGWREATH & Tiki, Game Masters of Season 14

New Sign-Up Date: Friday, January 27th, 2017

New Cutoff Date: Wednesday, February 8th, 8:00 PM Pacific Time

New Start Date: Thursday, February 9th, 2017

I can't wait!

My username: RMichael21. The 21st is my lucky number. :p And the name stuff is pretty straight forward.

Favorite non-Disney attraction: By far Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

I have a few favorites if that's okay. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to pick ones that I've done or projects of others, so I included both.

The Adventures of Tintin: Escape from the Enchanted Cavern By Team Land In The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition Hosted By @jdmdisney99
Credit also goes to, @IDInstitute, @Zweiland, @Sam4D23 and @Robert Butnarasu
WESTCOT Finale Project By Me In The Choice hosted by @Matt7187

Stark Industry By Team Air In The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition Hosted By @jdmdisney99
Unfortunately, the website no longer works. :( It was spectacular, you'll have to take my word for it.​

TheOriginalTiki

I can't wait!

My username: RMichael21. The 21st is my lucky number. :p And the name stuff is pretty straight forward.

Favorite non-Disney attraction: By far Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey

I have a few favorites if that's okay. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to pick ones that I've done or projects of others, so I included both.

The Adventures of Tintin: Escape from the Enchanted Cavern By Team Land In The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition Hosted By @jdmdisney99
Credit also goes to, @IDInstitute, @Zweiland, @Sam4D23 and @Robert Butnarasu
WESTCOT Finale Project By Me In The Choice hosted by @Matt7187

Stark Industry By Team Air In The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition Hosted By @jdmdisney99
Unfortunately, the website no longer works. :( It was spectacular, you'll have to take my word for it.​

Watch out, we have last season's champion in our midst! So happy that everyone's been so excited about this starting up. It is truly humbling considering MEW and I thought we might struggle to get 12 people, but as of a few hours after announcing the new start date were already half-way to our goal! Keep the sign ups coming. Just so everyone knows once we hit 15 players signed up, you can still sign up to be an "Alternate" who will join the game in the event someone in the main cast drops out or is inactive within the first three projects.

Also there MIGHT be a certain side-contest that might be coming back for a limited engagement...And that side contest might just determine the people who start the game with Diamond PoMVPs and a key to Walt's Vault. Stay tuned for more info on how you can possibly win yourself an early advantage!

The Excavator

Angels and Disney's is a reference to my favorite novel writer Dan Brown. The book Angels and Demons. I'm not sure why I threw in an apostrophe. It was years ago.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is the only ride at Universal that I can safely say is better than anything Disney has made.

My favorite project was Woody's Roundup in The Creator Games.

JokersWild

1) JokersWild. No idea what it represents. It was just a replacement for my longtime username, AdventureBlueDude.
2)I'm honestly torn between the Harry Potter rides at Universal, and ET. All of them are incredible for entirely different reasons.
3)Slightly biased, but I think that my favorite project was the Frontierland expansion that Team Mickey did during SA3. I think that everything came together really well during that whole project.

DisneyManOne

02f1cdbc32c367e077eb23d641b5f75c.gif

1. It is DisneyManOne, Imagineer of the Armchair. My name represents how much of a Disney enthusiast I am.

giphy.gif

2. The Simpsons Ride, hands-down. I went on it for the first time a couple months ago, and laughed my butt off the whole time.

tumblr_n4m36rrfwf1s2wio8o1_500.gif

3. My favorite Armchair Imagineer project was re-doing The Great Movie Ride for SYWTBAI Season 11 back on the old Visions Fantastic forum. Although my team did not turn theirs in, reading over the other ideas for improving the ride was absolutely amazing. I hope we can do this project again for this year's SYWTBAI.

Oh, and on a related note, my favorite color is...

Magic Feather

My name is @Magic Feather and it represents the magical feather from Dumbo, that shiwcases the conceot of "If you can dream it! You can do it!" Because it shows that if you believe in something enough (ability to fly) you can do it! And Dumbo is an amazing movie.

My favorite non-disney ride is The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, due to its cohesiveness, amd balalnced use of props and screens, showing how they should be used.

My favorite armchair project is probably my old Fantasia Gardens from a Twist in Time, I am a bit sad I never git to fully flesh it out, and add in somethings, as I was in a time crunch that week, but maybe someday...

RMichael21

Watch out, we have last season's champion in our midst! So happy that everyone's been so excited about this starting up. It is truly humbling considering MEW and I thought we might struggle to get 12 people, but as of a few hours after announcing the new start date were already half-way to our goal! Keep the sign ups coming. Just so everyone knows once we hit 15 players signed up, you can still sign up to be an "Alternate" who will join the game in the event someone in the main cast drops out or is inactive within the first three projects.

Also there MIGHT be a certain side-contest that might be coming back for a limited engagement...And that side contest might just determine the people who start the game with Diamond PoMVPs and a key to Walt's Vault. Stay tuned for more info on how you can possibly win yourself an early advantage!
Yep, I'm back to defend my title! :D

And this time I won't be defendant on my strategy. :p:cool:

JokersWild

I honestly use the app all the time (I'm using it right now, actually,) and have been using it for years. I think it's pretty good, though I did used to have some problems with typing in the app.

It's definitely worth it if your brainstorming in a comp, and away from a computer for an extended period.

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Wow! I go to work for a few hours and come back to nothing but good news! This is awesome, keep 'em coming!

So, so far we have the following contestants signed-up:

1. @Pionmycake
2. @mickeyfan5534
3. @IAmNotAHufflepuff
4. @David2319
5. @kmbmw777
6. @CraniumCommand89
7. @Brer Oswald
8. @RMichael21
9. @Angels and Disney's
10. @JokersWild
11. @DisneyManOne
12. @Magic Feather

We are still looking to fill three additional slots! Anyone past the fifteenth spot will be an alternate in the instance that someone drops out early on, just as Tiki said before me. Wow, in two days, we filled up our minimum quota. I'm touched and thrilled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom