So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 14 - Sign-Ups & Festival of Imagination

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
In case you weren't able to watch our podcast, here's what you missed...

SO, YOU WANT TO BE AN IMAGINEER

- SEASON FOURTEEN -

greatesthits@2x.png

raw

Excited-GIF.gif

After our initial delay from January of 2017 to January of 2018, @TheOriginalTiki and yours truly, MANEATINGWREATH (MEW), bring a sudden and surprise revival of the anticipated SYWTBAI Season Fourteen: Greatest Hits. We will be going back to the basics here. No strategy, no drama, no twists - just good old-fashioned fun for the community. Such features include:

1. Public Brainstorming: Back in the day, SYWTBAI teams would brainstorm in public work threads rather than private messages. With Season 14, we're going back in time. All of your work will be done out in the open, a la open brainstorming. In @spacemt354 's words from above, "Yes -- it encourages the other team to step it up if they are falling behind. It also adds variation to the projects, and also allows everyone to see the "brainstorming" publicly that is typically kept private."

2. Classic Projects: Say goodbye to projects that strictly revolve around one truly difficult IP or concept. Instead, we will be revisiting twelve of our favorite projects from SYWTBAI as it appeared on Visions Fantastic. Out of the season's twelve planned projects, we have already announced five of them...

A) An Alternate Toontown where cartoons from the likes of Disney, Warner Bros., Fleischer, Hanna-Barbera, and more are given free reign over the land and its attractions... Think Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

B) A New Theatrical Adaptation of a Disney Film... Of course, it has to be a film that has yet to make the translation from screen to stage.

C) The Great Broadway Ride, a musical theatre extravaganza, cut from the same cloth as the Great Movie Ride.

D) An original, mythology-themed E-Ticket for any pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase, based upon the legendary "Legend of the Lost Army" from Season One of SYWTBAI.

E) An E-Ticket based on an AWFUL film... Like, a truly, truly awful film. Think The Room, Troll 2, The Fox and the Hound 2, Norm of the North, The Animated Titanic, Food Fight, The Smurfs, Santa Claus the Movie, Santa Claus Conquers the Martian, Santa vs the Snowman, Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause... Boy, the list goes on and on... Especially with films starring Santa Claus.

All in all, we want to create a fun, safe and welcoming environment for you, the community to enjoy. Too often we lose sight of the original point of armchair Imagineering, that point being having a good time, expressing yourself creatively, and making friends. This is an escape for so many people, myself included, and I can only hope that it means the same to you.

Now, for some dates to remember...

gb9WOu.gif

Monday, February 20th, 2017: Sign-ups will begin! We are seeking a cast of twelve to fifteen contestants. If you are interested, please, do not hesitate to sign-up at the end of next month! If you are unsure, you have plenty of time to think about it. We would love to have any of you join us. :)

Friday, March 3rd, 2017: Let the games begin. Season 14 will officially kick-off on Friday, March 3rd with Project One. We hope to have the season completed by the end of May, 2017. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Until then, stay tuned for more updates, podcasts, discussions, and more. We are only getting started. :)

TheOriginalTiki

@TheOriginalTiki and @MANEATINGWREATH -- since you're going old-school with this season, will this be making a return as well? :bookworm:

http://soyouwanttobeanimagineer.blogspot.com/

To tell you the truth, once we went the Google Hangouts route with project reviews and whatnot the blog kind of got phased out. If I can find a creative way to utilize it then I'd love to bring it back, but I'm not sure if I'll have the free time to do individual project write-ups and recaps myself in addition to all the podcasting were bound to do once the season gets going.

A guest blogger, perhaps?? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom