So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13, "Get a Clue" Sign Ups!

RMichael21

1. What brings you to "So, You Want to be an Imagineer"?
Well, I've been a member on here for about two and a half years and have participated in every competition since so I don't see a reason to stop now, haha.

2. What is your favorite Disney "land" from a design point of view?
I'd say that my favorite "land" would be New Orleans Square at Disneyland. While it's small and doesn't possess the best crowd flow, it's design is one of the pinnacles of Disney Imagineering. The forced perspective (at least before the Club 33 Redo) is spectacular and the theming is unlike anything else in the theme park world.

3. Who is your favorite Imagineer and why?
Marty Sklar, ever since I read his book the first time, I've been in awe about his capabilities in storytelling and design.

4. If you could bring back one Extinct Attraction, what would it be.
Well, I haven't been on this earth long enough to say a typical answer like Horizons, World of Motion or 20K Leagues Under the Sea, but I'd say I would like to see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride return. I loved it on my trip to Disneyland and would love a refurbished and upgraded version to return to Walt Disney World.

5. Do you gots any special skills?
I'm a good writer, can draw pretty well and that's pretty much about it, haha. :p

RMichael21

Walt's Vault Key Challenge

Wanting an early advantage in the game? Try your hand at the first Imagineering challenge of the season! For this mini challenge, you must pick a Disney attraction not currently tied to S.E.A. (The Society of Explorers and Adventurers) and give it a S.E.A. tie-in. A new character isn't required, but would definitely score some bonus points. All we need is a brief description of changes in the attraction's queue that would tie the attraction to the S.E.A. storyline.

Please send me a conversation with a title along the lines of "Walt's Vault submission" with your entry. There is no sentence limit. Jokers and I will choose the best submission and they will be granted the first key to Walt's Vault!
When is this due by? :)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
So far I haven't gotten any entries for this. The power is still up for grabs. Also...13 days until start date. Oooh, spoooky. :p ;)

Walt's Vault Key Challenge

Wanting an early advantage in the game? Try your hand at the first Imagineering challenge of the season! For this mini challenge, you must pick a Disney attraction not currently tied to S.E.A. (The Society of Explorers and Adventurers) and give it a S.E.A. tie-in. A new character isn't required, but would definitely score some bonus points. All we need is a brief description of changes in the attraction's queue that would tie the attraction to the S.E.A. storyline.

Please send me a conversation with a title along the lines of "Walt's Vault submission" with your entry. There is no sentence limit. Jokers and I will choose the best submission and they will be granted the first key to Walt's Vault!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I completely forgot about these until @spacemt354 brought them to my attention via @MonorailRed. While the title of the season has changed to "Get a Clue", the spooky themes represented in the artwork will remain intact!

13423835_1038375492924295_1551369101897456017_n.jpg

13435588_1038376086257569_535542691179658547_n.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
I'm judging House Cup and I really miss the competing side of competitions and turning out content.

My favorite land from a design point of view is DLRP's Frontierland. I just feel the story flows incredibly well throughout all the attractions and the town.

Marc Davis. Western River Expedition. Enough Said.

I would definitely bring back 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with new technology. I feel like it really can fit back into WDW well if it came back with contemporary effects.

5. Do you gots any special skillz? :p (art, video editing, etc.)

Art, Video skillz, and Writing.

The Excavator

While new to imagineering, I've enjoyed it very much so far in my first competition and would like to try something new.

Future World of the 1980s and 1990s. The attractions were all superb and the design and open landscapes truly make the park original.

Joe Rhode for his attention to detail and passion on projects like Expedition Everest

It's a tight one between Journey into Imagination or World of Motion, but I would go with Imagination because while I like World of Motion, Test Track is actually kind of good, whereas the current Imagination is a flat out abomination.

I can write, but I haven't tried anything else. I just like this creative environment on the Imagineer forum.

spacemt354

Chili's
So far I haven't gotten any entries for this. The power is still up for grabs. Also...13 days until start date. Oooh, spoooky. :p ;)
Quick question -- This is a Pandora's Box of things that could happen, right? Good or bad?

From the retrospectives you had said in Challenge 1 of Season 9, Jokers opened Walt's Vault and was sent immediately to Outcast Island.

Part of my hesitation in doing this project is I don't really want to gamble at the start of the game, but if it's just a reward then that's a different story.

FigmentPigments

spacemt354 suggested that I should give this a try, and I've enjoyed the few challenges I've done over at the House Cup Challenge.
My favorite "land" is Asia from Animal Kingdom. There is not one area in that whole land that does not invoke the spirit of Asia. I always feel like I stepped into another country, it is so detailed and realistic. I could spend days there and never see everything.
Joe Rohde because of the Adventurers Club and Animal Kingdom. Nothing was over looked when detailing that park. Also, it is really hard to impress my father, but when he saw how the mountaineer gear was hung and where in Asia, he was immediately reminded of his climbing days and exclaimed over the accuracy.
The original Imagination ride at Epcot. Seriously, what were they thinking? I'm new to armchair imagineering, and I could have done something better than that.
I have some talent in writing, drawing, and research. I also play a mean devil's advocate.

KingOfEpicocity

Well I was browsing the house cup forum and long and behold this popped up! Sounds awesome!

Is future world a land? Because man the beautiful simplistic design of future world is something unquie and beautiful. My favorite place in any theme park, you can't recreate it.

Marty Sklar, not only did he work with Walt, but he had a huge hand in the creation of Epcot! Which alone makes him my favorite imagineer. He's also had a hand is numerous imagineering's projects.

Horizons of course. Why is that even a question? Horizons was the best ride ever created. Let's bring it back.

5. Do you gots any special skillz? :p(art, video editing, etc.)
I'm working on my art skills but I can do some concept drawing. Also I have skills in video editing and Audio editing as I've done that a lot before lol. And I LOVE story writing!

iamaninsomniac

Greetings, fellow Armchair Imagineers!

It's my honor to welcome you to the thirteenth season of So, You Want to be an Imagineer. Appropriately enough for the 13th season, this will be themed to horror and "murder mystery" and will focus on the Society of Explorers and Adventurers and Mystic Manor. It will be a story led season that will focus on the supernatural side of IPs, with properties such as Gravity Falls, Star Wars Villains, and two exciting twists on The Haunted Mansion.

It's going to be the biggest season ever, and I'm anticipating a HUGE amount of applications. For that reason I have to announce that we need to cut the cast off at 20 people. That doesn't mean you can't apply after 20 people already had, that means that we'll be selecting the cast based on the quality of the applications. You want to think long and hard about your answers here.

To sign up, simply answer these questions in this thread. We'll base the cast and the division of the starting teams on the quality of the answers.

I've been on the podcast with other shows, and this sounded like a lot of fun, so I wanted to try it out! This has always looked awesome to do!

Epcot. I love all of the blended cultures in the area, plus it has some neat attractions!

X Atencio, because of his contributions to the films and the rides he created, specifically The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, which he wrote the scripts and songs for. He created some of my favorite rides!

Mission to Mars. Space is so awesome, it was sad to see this go.

I like to think I'm good at writing and video editing :) . I could contribute these "skillz" and work well with others!

Last edited:

iamaninsomniac

(This is just in case the reply didn't work XD)

Greetings, fellow Armchair Imagineers!

It's my honor to welcome you to the thirteenth season of So, You Want to be an Imagineer. Appropriately enough for the 13th season, this will be themed to horror and "murder mystery" and will focus on the Society of Explorers and Adventurers and Mystic Manor. It will be a story led season that will focus on the supernatural side of IPs, with properties such as Gravity Falls, Star Wars Villains, and two exciting twists on The Haunted Mansion.

It's going to be the biggest season ever, and I'm anticipating a HUGE amount of applications. For that reason I have to announce that we need to cut the cast off at 20 people. That doesn't mean you can't apply after 20 people already had, that means that we'll be selecting the cast based on the quality of the applications. You want to think long and hard about your answers here.

To sign up, simply answer these questions in this thread. We'll base the cast and the division of the starting teams on the quality of the answers.

I've been on the podcast with other shows, and this sounded like a lot of fun, so I wanted to try it out! This has always looked awesome to do!

Epcot. I love all of the blended cultures in the area, plus it has some neat attractions!

X Atencio, because of his contributions to the films and the rides he created, specifically The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, which he wrote the scripts and songs for. He created some of my favorite rides!

Mission to Mars. Space is so awesome, it was sad to see this go.

I like to think I'm good at writing and video editing :) . I could contribute these "skillz" and work well with others!

SandyClaws

I've been on the Podcast for over two years.
Frontier land brings Disney magic to a rustic western environment.
Yale Gracey, who brought baffling effects and visuals to some of Disneyland's most beloved attractions.
The Skyway. Guests could get a birds eye view of a large majority of the park, creating a whole different experience for the park goers.
I'm a skilled video editor, composer, artist, etc...

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom