So what's your plan for visiting GE for the first time?

Jones14

Believe it or not...I really enjoyed the falcon ride...but it’s gonna have very low re-ride potential.

It’s short and once the novelty of being in the thing and pounding buttons is over...it’s gonna fall off on appeal.

I hope they have randomized courses ready to go...gonna need them.

But then again...mine train and slinky dog proves that it’s in no way about the quality
If you don’t mind... how old are you? The ride seems to be faring best with the under thirty crowd, so I’m curious to add some more anecdotal evidence to my belt, since you said you enjoyed it too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you don’t mind... how old are you? The ride seems to be faring best with the under thirty crowd, so I’m curious to add some more anecdotal evidence to my belt, since you said you enjoyed it too.
I’m over...right in the Star Wars wheelhouse.

But my main “criticism” - if you can call it that - is that the ride on the second run was already a little repetitive on the visuals and the storyline. That’s not “age based”...I imagine if anything it’s gonna be more of an issue with younger riders

I would expect that becomes a frequent refrain.

It is not a long ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What a strange post. So you're saying that people wanting to attend a park are unable to control themselves? Whether it be the people getting to Universal or Disney at 4am, they've made a conscious choice and an informed decision. They know there's going to be a huge crowd and so have decided that by getting there early, they'll probably queue less time in total.

By saying "Adults should be able to control themselves", I can only assume that you're implying they should wait till the land isn't as busy before visiting?

The problem with your 'logic' is that it really can't be 'policed'. If everyone waited to visit to when it wasn't busy, there'd be nobody there on opening week at all. Many myself included, had their trip booked before the land was even announced as opening. Feel free to offer up the precise dates that it's not insane to queue up for Uni or Disney though, I'm sure they'll be those on here grateful to your insight into when they should reschedule or plan their trip.

With the park opening at 6am I really don't see people queuing 2 hours earlier at 4am that insane, but I realise that we all have our own way of looking at things and you're more than entitled to post yours.
In order to keep the right balance as consumers...demand needs to be somewhat in correlation with the product.

Wdw travelers - in particular - have done an atrocious job of that...particularly these last 5-10 years.

It is what it is. A 4 am line for this land - which having just went I can say is probably a little better on the whole than the overall review picture paints - is NOT appropriate for the quality and substance of the product.

mergatroid

In order to keep the right balance as consumers...demand needs to be somewhat in correlation with the product.

Wdw travelers - in particular - have done an atrocious job of that...particularly these last 5-10 years.

It is what it is. A 4 am line for this land - which having just went I can say is probably a little better on the whole than the overall review picture paints - is NOT appropriate for the quality and substance of the product.

Fair enough if that's your assessment, I'll let you know when I've been what I think.

The_Jobu

1. Rope drop Resistance
2. Smugglers Run if the wait isn't bad
3. Have a little walkabout
4. Check lineup for sausage wraps
5. Toy Story Land

All plans subject to change based on weather and enjoyment level.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thats dedication. Im not reserving space in a bar. If thats how poorly designed capacity is than i guess i will just be at baseline.

Rope dropping it at 6am one day than taking it easy.
We booked the bar at 7 am on a backdoor tip from a Disneyland worker...

And while I thought the visuals and ambience was cool...it’s an egregious ripoff and the capacity should involve multiple firings at park ops and WDI

matt9112

We booked the bar at 7 am on a backdoor tip from a Disneyland worker...

And while I thought the visuals and ambience was cool...it’s an egregious ripoff and the capacity should involve multiple firings at park ops and WDI

Shouldnt need to be an insider to enjoy a theme park. Sad really

drod1985

Driving up with 3 of my buddies on 8/28, getting to the park circa 4am to hopefully be one of the first in the land. Smuggler's Run and merch purchases will be up first. Mid-morning Oga's reservation (just in case land gets closed for virtual queue), mid-afternoon Savi's reservation (so we're not walking around with sabers all day). Hoping to ride Smuggler's Run at least a few times.

Darth_Wes

Arriving at the Cabins of Ft Wildnerness on the 26th and staying through the 30th. Hoping for a soft opening a day or so before, so I don't have to fight crowds on 29th...but we'll see. Not doing rope drop...live in central time zone of Florida panhandle, so I'm not getting up at 2am my time to be in line at 3am my time....regardless of how excited I am about it.

DCLcruiser

Staying on-site the night of 16th September. The plan is to get up on the 17th around 4am to check-out and be at the Studios for 4:30am. This time may change to slightly earlier or later depending on how busy it is in the two weeks leading up to our visit.
Me too for the 17th.
We're also planning on the 17th. Waiting patiently see what happens in the first couple weeks, as well. We have afternoon and evening reservations in the land, but rope drop could be an option too
I'll be there on the 17th as well. Our plan was to get up at 6 AM, quick breakfast and arrive around 7 AM. We have Oga reservations in the afternoon. There aren't that many rides in DHS so I didn't want to hit everything at EEMH. I already have FP for a lot.

Plus for all we know we will arrive during EEMH and get digital reservations for the afternoon...

mergatroid

Me too for the 17th.

I'll be there on the 17th as well. Our plan was to get up at 6 AM, quick breakfast and arrive around 7 AM. We have Oga reservations in the afternoon. There aren't that many rides in DHS so I didn't want to hit everything at EEMH. I already have FP for a lot.

Plus for all we know we will arrive during EEMH and get digital reservations for the afternoon...

Enjoy, I'll look out for you (I'm the extremely handsome English guy) ;)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Me too for the 17th.

Enjoy, I'll look out for you (I'm the extremely handsome English guy) ;)

Right now it looks like we'll miss you guys both. Waiting to see what the wait times end up being before making a final decision on rope dropping. Ideally though, we'll rope drop Epcot for a ride or two, head to our 10 am breakfast on the Boardwalk, then take a boat to HS and head to SWGE then. We have a reservation at the Droid shop and Oga's in the early afternoon, then 2.5 hours to try to ride the MF before the Frozen show.

But if the crowds don't show, we might hit EEMH instead. I guess we'll find out in two weeks or so.

mergatroid

Right now it looks like we'll miss you guys both. Waiting to see what the wait times end up being before making a final decision on rope dropping. Ideally though, we'll rope drop Epcot for a ride or two, head to our 10 am breakfast on the Boardwalk, then take a boat to HS and head to SWGE then. We have a reservation at the Droid shop and Oga's in the early afternoon, then 2.5 hours to try to ride the MF before the Frozen show.

But if the crowds don't show, we might hit EEMH instead. I guess we'll find out in two weeks or so.

Good luck with your plans there. Like me you'll be checking the daily 'reports' for crowd numbers at various times and work with those, probably the best way to do it. Fingers crossed

zurj

1. Wake up around noon on 8/29
2. Walk to closest computer screen
3. Watch Youtube vlogs in horror as a sea of humanity descends on HS
4. See walk throughs/ride throughs
5. Imagine spending $200 on light saber
6. Think, "Thank God I didn't waste that kind of money doing that."
7. Pretend I'm friends with Harry Potter
8. Head back to bed for afternoon nap

Snake

Rope drops are a thing of the past, so 1995. There's just too many offers for people to spend extra $$$ to get an early breakfast/early experience to get in any park before rope drop. I remember trying to rope drop Seven Dwarves a couple different times, line was around the corner as we walked up right after rope drop twice, so pizzed. 1st time I thought it was just early magic hours and I goofed up the days, but people are getting early breakfast at the Castle now, then getting in line before rope drop. Epcot, samething with Frozen, people paying for early breakfast at the Norway castle with Princesses before rope drop, then immediately get in line for the Frozen ride. You walk into a big line even though you tried to rope drop, its pointless now. I got a new one though, end of the night get in line like the last 20 min before closing,(graveyard drop?) you are guarenteed to ride once and you aren't wasting as much time, cause you now wait in line after the park closes, an since they are closing the parks earlier it works well. We did this for FOP and it worked like a charm, instead of spend 2-3 hours wasting precious park time during the day, we waited till the last 45 min or so before park closing and got in line, we eventually got to ride like 1 an 1/2 hour after the park closed. The wait sign said 3 hours, it was more like 2 hours.

Snake

I’m over...right in the Star Wars wheelhouse.

But my main “criticism” - if you can call it that - is that the ride on the second run was already a little repetitive on the visuals and the storyline. That’s not “age based”...I imagine if anything it’s gonna be more of an issue with younger riders

I would expect that becomes a frequent refrain.

It is not a long ride.
It's a simulator just like Star Tours, I'm sure eventually they will add multiple adventures like Star Tours. Maybe even have an option of just riding the ride instead of having to tediously pilot the ship. I just pray they reverse course on new content only and start embracing the original trilogy content and add it all in. To hell with continuity its about fun for cry an out loud, nothing like ignorant world building 'land rules' to limit creativity and not give the masses what they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom