So what's your plan for visiting GE for the first time?

durangojim

Original Poster
Just curious how folks are approaching this. Get up at 4 am for 6am rope drop? Stroll leisurely into the park in the afternoon? Make reservations for the activities?

For us, we're landing at MCO at 1pm on 8/29. We have a 7pm Savi reservation. Our plan is to check in at the Boardwalk after taking the Magical Express, walk over to DHS, ride RNRC, ST, check out the shops at GE, have dinner at 5 at the Brown Derby, do Savi's, see how long the line is for Falcon and maybe watch the fireworks and then go back to the room. Hit Oga's up around noon the next day and then enjoy the pool and Food and Wine for the last couple days of our brief visit.

Mainahman

Heading to the studios firs thing of the second day of our park days, mostly to get TSM in as its my wifes and I favorite. Ill try to at least get some photos, likely not get anymore than that as this is a short trip, but just enough to say i was there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just curious how folks are approaching this. Get up at 4 am for 6am rope drop? Stroll leisurely into the park in the afternoon? Make reservations for the activities?

For us, we're landing at MCO at 1pm on 8/29. We have a 7pm Savi reservation. Our plan is to check in at the Boardwalk after taking the Magical Express, walk over to DHS, ride RNRC, ST, check out the shops at GE, have dinner at 5 at the Brown Derby, do Savi's, see how long the line is for Falcon and maybe watch the fireworks and then go back to the room. Hit Oga's up around noon the next day and then enjoy the pool and Food and Wine for the last couple days of our brief visit.
Try Falcon before your 7pm thing.

I'm all ears

we are travelling from the UK for two weeks in October and were hoping Disney were going to be releasing info about how everyone can get access to the land without a standard wait 7 hours etc. We did book a reservation the other day for Ogas Cantina so hoping if we have a reservation we will at least be able to get access. We have a baby and a toddler so will not be waiting in line for hours just to access GE.

durangojim

Original Poster
we are travelling from the UK for two weeks in October and were hoping Disney were going to be releasing info about how everyone can get access to the land without a standard wait 7 hours etc. We did book a reservation the other day for Ogas Cantina so hoping if we have a reservation we will at least be able to get access. We have a baby and a toddler so will not be waiting in line for hours just to access GE.
Oga’s gives you access 1 hour prior to your reservation.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I get in on 8.28 - hitting up MGM that afternoon/evening. Staying at Beach Club, so I have walking access to MGM. Planning on being in line by 4 on 8.29. Riding MFSR as many times as I can before my 10:30 Savi's reservations; 11:50 Droid Depot reservations; and 1:30 Oga's reservations. Back to the hotel to drop off my ridiculous amount of merch, the back to the park to hit my other Fastpasses.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Staying on-site the night of 16th September. The plan is to get up on the 17th around 4am to check-out and be at the Studios for 4:30am. This time may change to slightly earlier or later depending on how busy it is in the two weeks leading up to our visit.

We're also planning on the 17th. Waiting patiently see what happens in the first couple weeks, as well. We have afternoon and evening reservations in the land, but rope drop could be an option too

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
6:00 am on 9/4 and 9/6, although we have Oga’s ressies and Droid Depot ADR’s both days; and then a mid afternoon arrival to enjoy the rest of DHS later that week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom