So what's your plan for visiting GE for the first time?

Tony the Tigger

I don’t know!

Original plans were to leave WDW on 8/28. Now we are leaving on 8/29, with the main goal of hitting Food & Wine around lunchtime before driving home to South Florida.

If any 4am or 6am thing happens, I’m sure I would be the only one doing it, and I’m not sure how much effort I want to put into it.

Pretty sure the Falcon would push my motion sickness buttons. So that leaves just seeing the place, grabbing a bite, wandering around.

I can’t believe I’m this “meh” about anything Star Wars.

But that morning would be my only shot. Likely not getting AP’s again for 2 years😰

KikoKea

Do our FPs at HS 21 Aug, about 3pm enter land & ride the Falcon, walk around to see the decor/special things in the shops and world, be out within a couple of hours, and then head to MK.

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
We have a mid-morning reservation for the Droid Depot on the 29th. My plan at the moment, unless more information becomes available before then, is to stop by HS Guest Services the day before (since we were already planning to rope drop HS on the 28th so my 7-year-old can try to do the Jedi training academy) and see if they can provide any info on how they’re going to be handling the opening day line for general admission vs. reservations in the land. If there will be separate lines, we’ll probably show up around 2 hours before our reservation. If not, looks like we’ll be getting up super early. I called Disney right after booking the reservation and the CM I spoke to told me that as long as HS wasn’t at fire code capacity, if you have an activity or dining reservation you’ll be allowed into the land. My concern though is more the line to get in to the park as opposed to the one to get into the land and at the time I called, they didn’t have any specific information on that.

Tony the Tigger

We have a mid-morning reservation for the Droid Depot on the 29th. My plan at the moment, unless more information becomes available before then, is to stop by HS Guest Services the day before (since we were already planning to rope drop HS on the 28th so my 7-year-old can try to do the Jedi training academy) and see if they can provide any info on how they’re going to be handling the opening day line for general admission vs. reservations in the land. If there will be separate lines, we’ll probably show up around 2 hours before our reservation. If not, looks like we’ll be getting up super early. I called Disney right after booking the reservation and the CM I spoke to told me that as long as HS wasn’t at fire code capacity, if you have an activity or dining reservation you’ll be allowed into the land. My concern though is more the line to get in to the park as opposed to the one to get into the land and at the time I called, they didn’t have any specific information on that.

Oh, well. I don’t have a reservation for anything. Maybe I should just pig out at Epcot rather than set myself up for frustration.

Thanks for that info!

trainplane3

It's been mentioned in one of the threads that if you have a reservation then you'll get right in. Apparently they'll let you (and whoever else is on the reservation) in about 1 hour ahead. This is how they typically handle capacity scenarios at other parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t know!

Original plans were to leave WDW on 8/28. Now we are leaving on 8/29, with the main goal of hitting Food & Wine around lunchtime before driving home to South Florida.

If any 4am or 6am thing happens, I’m sure I would be the only one doing it, and I’m not sure how much effort I want to put into it.

Pretty sure the Falcon would push my motion sickness buttons. So that leaves just seeing the place, grabbing a bite, wandering around.

I can’t believe I’m this “meh” about anything Star Wars.

But that morning would be my only shot. Likely not getting AP’s again for 2 years😰

Disney Star Wars is the Oxford English definition of “meh”...and it seems clear to me now that that is the real/longterm problem.
We should have a “live report” thread that day. People in line at 4am, tell us if you’re standing halfway into the parking lot or if it’s not that bad lol.
My little faith will be even less rewarded if this happens.

This absolutely should not be the case

TeriofTerror

Rope-dropping with two of my party on September 30. Coming back later in the day for an Oga's ADR when my husband can join us.
Also hitting the land utilizing another Oga's ADR on the afternoon of October 2.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why not, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't or that it won't be popular?
A line into the parking lot at 4 am Is insane no matter what.

Have you been to it chief? I have...and I didn’t say I didn’t like it.

What I’m saying is that adults should be able to control themselves...but those types are nearly banned in Orlando these days...

(See? Unnecessary snit can go both ways)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
By the way, @Tony the Tigger, I expect some pretty heavy crowds early in Orlando...but Its gonna be hard to gauge how much of the Star Wars only (not Disney or hardcore wdw fanatics) crowd will go there.

If there is a line to the parking lot - it will be an interesting case study:

My personal take is that there probably are fewer “Star Wars specific” bookings in wdw than you should see in Anaheim. It’s that Start of school window strange time for the east and Midwest...with the jolly holiday influx around that time. And the fla food and wine crowd is a weird X factor.

I do think the land will be more well received in Florida. It’s a good build...but the bar is lower there anyway.

Tony the Tigger

By the way, @Tony the Tigger, I expect some pretty heavy crowds early in Orlando...but Its gonna be hard to gauge how much of the Star Wars only (not Disney or hardcore wdw fanatics) crowd will go there.

If there is a line to the parking lot - it will be an interesting case study:

My personal take is that there probably are fewer “Star Wars specific” bookings in wdw than you should see in Anaheim. It’s that Start of school window strange time for the east and Midwest...with the jolly holiday influx around that time. And the fla food and wine crowd is a weird X factor.

I do think the land will be more well received in Florida. It’s a good build...but the bar is lower there anyway.

Interestingly, there are no Slinky Dog FP's left that day, even with the park opening at 6AM. Other attractions have availability very early in the morning. So I'll be wondering how many are just there to get into TSL early.

Probably what's going to happen is this: I'll play it by ear. If I wake up at 5AM as sometimes happens, I'll decide if I feel like venturing out alone to take a chance on waiting in line for nothing to happen by lunchtime (leaving hubby to check out of the room at 11 and meet me at Epcot) or I'll sleep in a bit, enjoy the resort, skip it altogether and just do Food & Wine before going home.

The more I read about it, the more I'd like to give it a shot. I almost feel obligated to give it a shot as someone who lived for Star Wars through "4, 5, 6."

But two days after it opens, I turn 48. Long gone are the days I enjoyed waiting in crazy lines for things. I have no need to be "first." And again, it's not Dagobah. It's not Hoth. It's not even Endor.

However, it is the freaking Millennium Falcon.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interestingly, there are no Slinky Dog FP's left that day, even with the park opening at 6AM. Other attractions have availability very early in the morning. So I'll be wondering how many are just there to get into TSL early.

Probably what's going to happen is this: I'll play it by ear. If I wake up at 5AM as sometimes happens, I'll decide if I feel like venturing out alone to take a chance on waiting in line for nothing to happen by lunchtime (leaving hubby to check out of the room at 11 and meet me at Epcot) or I'll sleep in a bit, enjoy the resort, skip it altogether and just do Food & Wine before going home.

The more I read about it, the more I'd like to give it a shot. I almost feel obligated to give it a shot as someone who lived for Star Wars through "4, 5, 6."

But two days after it opens, I turn 48. Long gone are the days I enjoyed waiting in crazy lines for things. I have no need to be "first." And again, it's not Dagobah. It's not Hoth. It's not even Endor.

However, it is the freaking Millennium Falcon.
Believe it or not...I really enjoyed the falcon ride...but it’s gonna have very low re-ride potential.

It’s short and once the novelty of being in the thing and pounding buttons is over...it’s gonna fall off on appeal.

I hope they have randomized courses ready to go...gonna need them.

But then again...mine train and slinky dog proves that it’s in no way about the quality

mergatroid

A line into the parking lot at 4 am Is insane no matter what.

Have you been to it chief? I have...and I didn’t say I didn’t like it.

What I’m saying is that adults should be able to control themselves...but those types are nearly banned in Orlando these days...

(See? Unnecessary snit can go both ways)

What a strange post. So you're saying that people wanting to attend a park are unable to control themselves? Whether it be the people getting to Universal or Disney at 4am, they've made a conscious choice and an informed decision. They know there's going to be a huge crowd and so have decided that by getting there early, they'll probably queue less time in total.

By saying "Adults should be able to control themselves", I can only assume that you're implying they should wait till the land isn't as busy before visiting?

The problem with your 'logic' is that it really can't be 'policed'. If everyone waited to visit to when it wasn't busy, there'd be nobody there on opening week at all. Many myself included, had their trip booked before the land was even announced as opening. Feel free to offer up the precise dates that it's not insane to queue up for Uni or Disney though, I'm sure they'll be those on here grateful to your insight into when they should reschedule or plan their trip.

With the park opening at 6am I really don't see people queuing 2 hours earlier at 4am that insane, but I realise that we all have our own way of looking at things and you're more than entitled to post yours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom