So what's the verdict on Mears Connect?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Is it still reliable service like DME was?
I just booked a last minute trip for next week and decided to give it a try.
Give me the good, the bad, the ugly.
It will be 2 adults late flight in and very early flight 0ut.
Carry on luggage only.

Figments Friend

Yes, they are.
It is essentially exactly the same as Magical Express which Mears was contracted by Disney to provide the bus service.
Naturally you don’t have the Disney branding and luggage service, but as far as getting on a bus and getting to your resort it is pretty much the same thing.

As with Magical Express, there will be a few stops at different hotels during the route.
You will have a scheduled time for pick up from your hotel just as before with Magical Express, just not left hanging in your doorknob.
Info will be emailed directly to you.

I used the service this past September and it went very smooth.
If it wasn’t for the fact the buses didn’t have Disney themed paint jobs, I wouldn’t have really noticed the change.

Any specifically questions, feel free to ask.

-

zappy

We usually get a car service to the hotel and take Mears back to the airport.

Last trip in September (day before hurricane hit) we had a 9am flight so 6am pickup from Swan and Dolphin and the driver was right on time. On departure day you’ll also receive a link to track the bus so you‘ll be able to anticipate the arrival of your pickup pretty well.

pdude81

I've taken it directions on 2 different trips and found it highly efficient. You can book ahead of time if you want, or just walk up to the desk when you're down there. You can book yourself return trips to the airport even the day before online. And they will send text or email to let you know all the needed data for return along with who your driver should be for pickup. Late at night you may well end up with one of the 10 passenger vans instead of a bus depending on how many others are going to your area at a given time.

Riviera Rita

I used them in November because it's impossible to book The Sunshine Flyer without a US phone number from the UK.
I found the Mears Connect very good both ways and will use them again for my August trip.

hibbsofep

Is it still reliable service like DME was?
I just booked a last minute trip for next week and decided to give it a try.
Give me the good, the bad, the ugly.
It will be 2 adults late flight in and very early flight 0ut.
Carry on luggage only.
My son used Mears last week and hated it.
They were picked up in dirty passenger vans, the one driver kept spitting out the window, neither driver made any conversation or were pleasant in any way.
On the trip back to the airport, with the speaker turned way up on the radio, several of the drivers were having an animated discussion about how they disregarded management’s directions on being upbeat and friendly with the customers, while the customers couldn’t help but listen!
The only positive was they were picked up on time.
Such a drastic change from DME where you felt like the vacation started at the airport. 🥲

Riviera Rita

My son used Mears last week and hated it.
They were picked up in dirty passenger vans, the one driver kept spitting out the window, neither driver made any conversation or were pleasant in any way.
On the trip back to the airport, with the speaker turned way up on the radio, several of the drivers were having an animated discussion about how they disregarded management’s directions on being upbeat and friendly with the customers, while the customers couldn’t help but listen!
The only positive was they were picked up on time.
Such a drastic change from DME where you felt like the vacation started at the airport. 🥲
Have they contacted Mears about this? I would have filmed them and sent the video to Mears. I'm not usually a tattle tail, but, this behaviour is unacceptable.

muddyrivers

Have they contacted Mears about this? I would have filmed them and sent the video to Mears. I'm not usually a tattle tail, but, this behaviour is unacceptable.
Agreed! I took Mears Connect from MCO to WDW last April and it was a great experience. I was on a former DME coach bus and the driver was super nice. Made announcements before departing like "Sit back and relax, and in about 20 minutes we will arrive at the gates of Walt Disney World." The driver even slowed down and got into the middle lane so we could all take pictures of driving under the arch (he even sprayed the windshield with washer fluid to let us get clean shots 🤣

Based on that experience, I would not hesitate to book Mears Connect again!

esskay

Using them next week for the first time. From the reviews they seem about as decent as you'd expect, basically the same as MDE without the branding.

You'll see negative reviews but obviously as with everything more people post about negative experiences than positive.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Using them next week for the first time. From the reviews they seem about as decent as you'd expect, basically the same as MDE without the branding.

You'll see negative reviews but obviously as with everything more people post about negative experiences than positive.
You should be fine. I've used it several times with no issues. Very satisfied with the service provided. Have a nice trip!

Stellajack

Premium Member
Our family party of 5 used Mears Connect last Oct. 2022 and were extremely pleased. Actually, after retrieving bags we walked through the ground transportation area and never even stopped (except to verify booking) until seated on our bus. Our wait time at MCO was the least we have ever experienced. Still, we miss DME for the ambience. Plans are to book Mears Connect again for our coming trip in
March '24.

BWW

Agreed! I took Mears Connect from MCO to WDW last April and it was a great experience. I was on a former DME coach bus and the driver was super nice. Made announcements before departing like "Sit back and relax, and in about 20 minutes we will arrive at the gates of Walt Disney World." The driver even slowed down and got into the middle lane so we could all take pictures of driving under the arch (he even sprayed the windshield with washer fluid to let us get clean shots 🤣

Based on that experience, I would not hesitate to book Mears Connect again!
This has been my experience with them, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom