So... What Would You Rename Hollywood Studios?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hollywood, is no longer what we associate with Hollywood anymore. movies are no longer filmed purely in Hollywood on backlots anymore for it to have that kind of resonance.
You must be the only one I know who thinks that. "Hollywood" is a catch-all term for all of U.S. film making used by just about everyone.

Many of the big studios had their origins their. Most have moved out of that small district, but still have their HQ in the greater LA area and productions still continue there... and are referred to as "Hollywood" because of the historical connection.

That DHS recognizes that "Hollywood" has expanded beyond the borders of the original Hollywood district, you have an idealized Grand Ave near MV3D to represent modern LA.

UNCgolf

You must be the only one I know who thinks that. "Hollywood" is a catch-all term for all of U.S. film making used by just about everyone.

Many of the big studios had their origins their. Most have moved out of that small district, but still have their HQ in the greater LA area and productions still continue there... and are referred to as "Hollywood" because of the historical connection.

That DHS recognizes that "Hollywood" has expanded beyond the borders of the original Hollywood district, you have an idealized Grand Ave near MV3D to represent modern LA.

Plus, even though most movies are filmed in Atlanta and Toronto (along with some other places) now, LA is still a major spot for television filming. I think something close to 50% of all TV shows are still filmed there, and that includes shows filmed for streaming services like Netflix.

It's also still the home base for a ton of actors and actresses.

Goofyernmost

Hollywood, the name, is used because it instantly triggers the mind to think about filmed entertainment. There are very few, if anything in DHS that isn't connected, in one way or the other, with movies, TV or general entertainment. It is basically a generic name like Kleenex that applies to all facial tissues manufactured. Not by the creators but by the public. I suppose that they could change it to Disney Toronto Studios because massive numbers of films are created there, but no one automatically thinks about movies when you say Toronto.

cookiee_munster

I must be. When i think of Hollywood i think of a time long since gone. a time of really grand epic films with incredible actors. Something which just doesn't exist today...

MickeyLuv'r

Toy Wars Park
I think you are onto something here.....

I'm picturing an attraction/show where all the toy franchises battle it out. Buzz vs. Luke vs. Mickey vs. vs. Iron Man vs. Elsa! It could be a show each night, with different characters appearing in something with maybe a hint of stunt course/dance/singing competitions, or some sort of game. Maybe some combo of Street Fighter and Midway Mania where rider choose their favorite character, and randomly draw some type of competition style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom