So... What Would You Rename Hollywood Studios?

999th Happy Haunt

Disney's park that you only visit for Tower of Terror now
Disney's we're working on it Adventure
Disney's it'll be open soon Kingdom
Disney's Star Wars celebration extravaganza

:D

In all honesty I think Disney's Hollywood Adventure or Disney's Hollywoodland are the two names I would choose

cookiee_munster

Sorry for the bump. There's got to be an inevitable name change for this park eventually. Hollywood and Studios just really doesn't resonate with the park anymore.

So, after seeing that advertisement on the homepage for D23, Why don't they go with renaming the park "Disney's Fantastic Worlds" I feel like a lot of the newer additions do kind of fit with the world vibe. How it's not just one singular attraction all on its own, but a whole themed environment/world.

DisneyTransport

Sorry for the bump. There's got to be an inevitable name change for this park eventually. Hollywood and Studios just really doesn't resonate with the park anymore.

So, after seeing that advertisement on the homepage for D23, Why don't they go with renaming the park "Disney's Fantastic Worlds" I feel like a lot of the newer additions do kind of fit with the world vibe. How it's not just one singular attraction all on its own, but a whole themed environment/world.
I agree, HS isn't going to work anymore. COVID IMO is going to change that park forever in the path of more rides, less performances. Just a generic "fantasy" name or something will do the trick. Also, how much recording actually happens in Hollywood nowadays? Is that even a thing still?

JohnD

I think it's still called that because of the studio buildings in the center of the park mostly used for Walt Disney Presents, Toy Story Midway Mania, and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railways. There are smaller studio buildings for Little Mermaid (closed), Disney Jr., and 50s Prime Time and Mickey M&G (currently closed). I agree that the focus is no longer about making movies, however.

HS.jpg

lazyboy97o

It seems doubtful that Disney would use a name they know Universal almost used but Warner Bros didn’t like.

Club Cooloholic

A rumor that's going around is that "Disney's Hollywood Studios" will be getting renamed. Personally, I see it as somewhat useless. We already lost "MGM Studios" which is understandable as it was a trademarked name, but I can't think really think of much Here are my only two personal name ideas:
  • Disney's Magical Movies
  • Disney's Mickey Mouse Studios
Right now many people are saying that it will most likely be either:
  • Disney's Hollywood
  • Disney's Hollywood Adventure
  • Disney Studios
  • Disney's Florida Adventure
Personally, all these names are okay, but I prefer Hollywood Studios the best (or my two ideas). If you renamed Hollywood Studios, what would you name it or what do you think it could get renamed to?
That last name is a total attempt to steal off Uni. Disney's Hollywood Land would be kinda cool.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The place-setting of the streets are the different eras of Hollywood/LA.

The attractions are entering the movies (and TV shows) of various Disney Studios: Disney Animation Studios; Marvel Studios; LucasFilm Studios; Pixar Studios; etc...

So, I don't know why "Disney Hollywood Studios" doesn't continue to work. "Studio" means more than a building where movies are shot, it also means the production companies that make movies.

Also, while the rename of the park was once under consideration, it isn't any more. A Disney Blogs Post said rather specifically that the park is keeping its name.

cookiee_munster

It seems doubtful that Disney would use a name they know Universal almost used but Warner Bros didn’t like.
But that's the thing. Why not? both parks have always been in competition with each other. seems like a good move for Disney to pull the rug from under Uni's/Warner Bro's feet :p

Unless - Warner Bros/Uni have put some kind of clause on "Fantastic Worlds" seeing as it's very similar to Harry Potter and the Spin off Movies, which wouldn't surprise me.

lazyboy97o

But that's the thing. Why not? both parks have always been in competition with each other. seems like a good move for Disney to pull the rug from under Uni's/Warner Bro's feet :p

Unless - Warner Bros/Uni have put some kind of clause on "Fantastic Worlds" seeing as it's very similar to Harry Potter and the Spin off Movies, which wouldn't surprise me.
I’m not sure what you mean by “clause” but yes, apparently Warner Bros. thought Fantastic Worlds was too close to Fantastic Beasts, one of the park’s lands.

cookiee_munster

I’m not sure what you mean by “clause” but yes, apparently Warner Bros. thought Fantastic Worlds was too close to Fantastic Beasts, one of the park’s lands.
I meant Trade Marked 👍

So, I don't know why "Disney Hollywood Studios" doesn't continue to work. "Studio" means more than a building where movies are shot, it also means the production companies that make movies.
I think the name Hollywood should just be laid to rest completely. Hollywood, is no longer what we associate with Hollywood anymore. movies are no longer filmed purely in Hollywood on backlots anymore for it to have that kind of resonance. Movies are so international/global these days that it just becomes more of a nostalgic term when we think of Hollywood which yes, once upon a time the park did hark back to that kind of theme once upon a time.

I suppose when you look at the term "Studio's" more as a production company side, then it makes a lot more sense and I’m a lot more on board with that than the more physical "behind the scenes" kind of theme the park originally started with. I think over time, a lot of these studio buildings will be replaced with facades more in keeping with whatever attraction replaces them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom