So was Toy Story Mania letting anyone on today for a soft opening?

cindy_k

Was running in the Afternoon

My son and I went to see if it was open this afternoon and we got on. It was about 2pm and the line was about 15 minutes at that point.

Its a fun ride! :) We will be going on it again.

Skyway

I'm so glad I didn't waste my day at Passholder Previews!

We zipped by TSM for the first time tonight (Sunday) around 5:30. During four consecutive rides, the wait was never more than 15 minutes.

A couple spoiler-free thoughts:

*Absolutely amazing. The technology blows my mind. The game play is incredible (words can't describe what its like to aim, shoot, and watch the virtual egg/dart/ring make a natural trajectory, with the effects of speed and gravity taken into account. The 3D animation is top-notch. The wide screen presentation is incredible, too. (We were stopped just as the vehicle was entering the showroom, and I was able to shoot at another vehicle's game in-progress and the game recognized my shooter!) Please please PLEASE ignore those morons on these boards that say "I can play video games at home!". Yeah, I can watch a DVD at home that was previously shown in Imax 3D, but it ain't the same!

*Did I mention the technology is amazing? This ride would be an engineering marvel WITHOUT the video game element. The ride vehicles are state-of-the-art. The on-board video screen, the speed at which they travel and spin, the enormous chassis that holds the two sets of ride trams...it's mindblowing.

*Without going into spoilers, the vintage toy theme is very well done. The trip down memory lane for those who grew up in the 60's to 80's makes the queue almost as much fun as the ride. (and in another decade or two, or for young kids today, the queue will still be very fun to experience, just as if I were to see my parents' toys from the 50's)

*If you have any doubts about the ride's popularity and enjoyment, just sit outside the exit for a few minutes. Nearly EVERY person (I'm not exaggerating) walked out with some sort of visible enthusiastic expression. Some said out loud to themselves "That was awesome". Some gave thumbs-up to the cast members. Others rushed to share the experience with families waiting in baby-swap. One family even broke out in applause as they approached the cast members outside. And with the lines so short, most riders RAN from the exit back into the entrance.

wvdisneyfamily

To be honest I really had low expectations for this ride at first. I figured it would be a Buzz knock-off. However, I felt the same way about the Laugh Floor; I thought it would just be a copy of Turtle Talk. I adore the Laugh Floor now. I know some people hate it, but we saw it at least 10 times on our last trip. I'm hoping that TSM will knock my socks off. All the TSM reviews look great so my expectations are now high!

culturenthrills

My GF and I were at DHS on Saturday and rode it 3 times in 45 minutes. All I gotta say is if you can get there while the soft opening is going on ride it as much as possible because once they have the Grand Opening you are going to need a fast pass unless you want to wait and hour or so. Also, they already have a special grand opening t-shirt for sale at a cart next to the BAH. Sorry didn't take a picture.

FearIV

The ride opened today at 10:30 and had an emergency shutdown by 11:00am. Got two more rides in and increased my high score to 280,000 points hehe. Hoping to have the monthly high score by tomorrow if it stays open long enough. :)

WDWmom64055

Just curious...can the CMs at the resort desks find out ahead of time whether the ride is up or down? What about guest relations at other parks?

I was just thinking....We'll be there from the 29th - 4th. Should the ride be down on the day we plan to be at the Studios we'll try to circle back and catch it another day. It would save travel time, though, if we could check to make sure it is up and running before heading over to ride it.

Yes, I know it could down while we're en route, but at least we wouldn't waste time if it was down for a whole day.

Space Mountain

You can find out what attractions are open anywhere on property, even your hotel room! As long as you find a castmember with great knowledge of the park, they can call DHS directly, and possibly TSM to find out exactly when it will be open.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I rode it twice yesterday, got there at park open, no waits at all...rode it 2x with no wait.

It was fun, I definitely don't consider it an E-ticket, closer to a C-D ticket. After 2x I didn't feel the need to rush back and ride it the rest of the day. It will be nice if they are able to change it for the holidays, etc. and make different experiences over time.

At first I wondered why they're using projection screens instead of LCD types, but then I realized that's probably how they get the 3D to work.

It does get tiring pulling the cord several times, and I'd prefer a traditional gun approach, but I guess this is more unique.

I definitely don't feel like it's a Buzz clone at all, completely different experience.

RSoxNo1

A friend of mine is there today, said that TSM was down earlier, but he got on it later in the day and loved it.

It does seem that they are still working out some technical glitches with the ride, but for the most part it is open

FearIV

For now... it almost seems like you can count on it going down within an hour after it first opens. After that I've seen the ride run perfect all day... or continue to go down periodically.

TinkersBell

I was able to ride TSM twice on Sunday morning. Well, once and a half! I was popping balloons during the second round when the ride went down and everyone was evacuated out.

tomm4004

Rode it Sunday morning with minimal wait. Tried again and they shut it down just when we were getting back in line. Two guests with ECVs made it to Mr. Potato and had to turn around.Tricky. Tried again Monday morning but it wasn't open.

krankenstein

I am at Epcot waiting on ROE right now, got down here yesterday around 1 pm. Once I got checked into Pop I went straight to DHS and rode it 2 times. Went back to DHS today around 3 and it was down. I agree that it is a great ride, not an E-Ticket but D+ for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom