So was Toy Story Mania letting anyone on today for a soft opening?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone got on the ride today since all the CM and AP previews are over. Im hoping its open most days as Im going to be down in WDW all next week.

SSE

I hope they do soft openings soon, I will be down there from May 18th - 30th, one day shy of the grand opening and if I don't get to ride I will be very upset.

Chape19714

Guys keep in mind, when visiting WDW before an attraction opens, there's the possibility you won't get to ride it. There's no reason to be upset-disappointed perhaps-, but that's just the way it works. I understand you being excited about a new attraction, but if you don't get to ride it, don't get mad at anybody, just look forward to it on your next trip.

SSE

If I don't get to ride I will go straight to guest relations and demand a full refund for my tickets cause it is unacceptable not to be open when I go.....or I will just book another trip and catch it the next time. :lol:

krankenstein

If I don't get to ride I will go straight to guest relations and demand a full refund for my tickets cause it is unacceptable not to be open when I go.....or I will just book another trip and catch it the next time. :lol:

I will be marching right behind you to guest relations!!! :ROFLOL:

Seriously though, I totally get that I have a small chance of riding. I just meant that I missed AP previews by a week...that's what stinks. If I get to ride, great! If not I will be back in July.

Chape19714

Uh oh, I think Randy knows something he's not telling us!! GET EM'!! :fork:
No, I don't. I find out if it's open or not the same way you do...buy walking into the park and walking back to Pixar Place. Just making a general statement. Hence why I bolded "possibility"

bosoxrock3410

I was there today and a cm told me it was down all day. And Wednesday and Thursday would be for the media. She also told us it would open May 31. Hope that helps.

the-reason14

If I get to go down there sometime this week or sometime next week(I seriously doubt it) and its not open, I will be upset. I know my other trip is coming up soon, but the only reason why Im trying to go next week is to be able to do TSM and experience the low crowds.

wvdisneyfamily

Put that video on youtube. :lookaroun

PeoplemoverTTA

If I don't get to ride I will go straight to guest relations and demand a full refund for my tickets cause it is unacceptable not to be open when I go

On May 3 when my mom and I were in the studios, a crazy woman was doing just that - ripping the head off of some poor CM demanding to know why her family could not ride TSM - and it was first thing in the morning! Craziness!

I was asking every CM I saw in DHS whether they had ridden. They were all very excited to tell me how much they enjoyed it. When I went into One Man's Dream, I snapped some pictures of the monkeys and stuff (luckily I didn't encounter the crazy woman from the other thread :lol:), and I really got pumped about TSM...I can't wait until my next WDW visit so I can ride it myself!

Grimone24

Toy Story Mania

I got a chance this past weekend to ride it! The ride itself is very addictive and fun. They are having many problems right now however and the ride was closed or paused for much of the three days. They are having issues with the scoring system and with the cars! I was in line in front of some CMs and they were talking about how the design of the ride called for 20 sets of peanut shells or the frame for the cars rests and moves on. They only are using 12 and are still having flow issues with loading and unloading. This is leading to longer than expected lines and pauses in the game where you shoot but you dont get points. The ride is very fun however still with these problems. Mr. Potato head is cool but almost everyone who rode the ride agreed that he needs more material and often repeats the same lines over and over almost to the point you wish he was not there! I still hope you all do get a chance to ride the ride and start racking up the points!

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Well now that the media event from yesterday is over, hopefully they will start soft openings today.

girlface

Guys keep in mind, when visiting WDW before an attraction opens, there's the possibility you won't get to ride it. There's no reason to be upset-disappointed perhaps-, but that's just the way it works. I understand you being excited about a new attraction, but if you don't get to ride it, don't get mad at anybody, just look forward to it on your next trip.

Yeah i think everyone understands but it can be a bummer :p

But then again its open by the time i go! HAHAH!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom