So my stand against WDW has begun

captainkidd

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

I did a lot of reading on these forums last night about the current state of things at DLR versus WDW. Having never been to DLR (first time next summer), I can't speak for those. However, I can speak about the state of WDW. As anyone else here, I love WDW, however, I can't continue to ignore the obvious problems. I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

It isn't the price increases that is driving my decision. It's the lack of improvement I'm seeing at the resort as a whole.

-Yeti, still broken.
-Countless effects on Splash Mountain not working.
-No new E-ticket attractions in 5+ years.
-Disregard for simple maintenance issues at the GF (lightbulbs on Narcooses's.)
-Horrible video condition of Soarin'.
-Shared buses at resorts that charge over $400 per night.
-Lack of action regarding rude visitors (flash photography, smokers.)
-Closing of a classic attraction, simply to add another meet and greet.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

captainkidd

Original Poster
I respect your right to be angry with Walt Disney World because A LOT of things need updating and fixes. But Disney World is very big, and it seems that they are focusing more on the New Fantasyland. So maybe your list of things to be fixed will be fixed later on.

I wouldn't call it anger. It's just observation and disappointment. I guess I need to explain and apologize for being overly observant and critical. Not quite sure why, but hey, it takes all kinds.

Upvote 0

WDWisAMAZING22

I wouldn't call it anger. It's just observation and disappointment. I guess I need to explain and apologize for being overly observant and critical. Not quite sure why, but hey, it takes all kinds.

I'm sorry, maybe anger was the wrong choice of words on my part. I'm not very happy with all the construction and problems going on in Disney World either. But like everyone here, I, too, will not stop loving Disney World.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I'm sorry, maybe anger was the wrong choice of words on my part. I'm not very happy with all the construction and problems going on in Disney World either. But like everyone here, I, too, will not stop loving Disney World.

Yeah, that's all it is. I guess I just feel I really can't continue to complain about something and support it at the same time. Comes off as hypocritical and self defeating to me.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I should probably have worded the thread better. I certainly won't be standing outside any of the entrances slamming WDW and trying to convince people to go to Universal.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

I think when you visit over and over again with no real breaks in between your always looking for something new or see something that should be fixed. Then when you keep going you keep getting disappointed because you see the same thing over and over and nothing new. However to the casual visitor its not as noticeable. When I say casual visitor maybe once very 2 to 3 year visits. Then you have the other visitors that visit even less. That is the majority to be honest.
These past several years have been plagued with cut backs from companies across the board. Disney is not immune. They have to pinch pennies and do more with less just like everyone else. I do think that the cost of going to Disney is high. I also know the cost of doing business for them is extremely high too. If the cost of fixing the Yeti runs into the 100 thousands of dollars but only 2% of the visitors are complaining about it then why should they rush to fix it??

I am not saying your wrong for feeling the way you do. Visitors who visit as often as you do want the things they see fixed and improved. This is why I space out my visits. Well that and my pay check is obviously smaller than others. :p I have often thought that multiple visits not far apart would remove some of the magic. From what I have read here on these forms from frequent visitors its true. As much as I want to visit more I will keep my 2 to 3 year buffer to preserve the magic!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I love when someone decides to show their maturity "one less place taker in line". You certainly have the right to post what you want but by and large the adults here certainly find that type of response childish
Actually that is not a true statement. I guess it takes the immature among us to point out that this forum is not a democracy. You have no freedom of speech here. You have only the speech that is allowed in the TOS.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My apologies, but your original post and the posts you've made in response to others are incongruous.

• On one hand you're planning to write to Disney to let them know you've entirely cancelled your August trip next year because of their "utter indifference", on the other you're going ahead with two trips in the interim and "still love WDW and will definitely be going back".
  • On one hand you're "left ... cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts", on the other you're "certainly not giving up on WDW. It's still my favorite place in the world."

You go on to suggest that "Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve." Um, follow suit with what, exactly?

You're not the only one perplexed here... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

Actually, it looks more to me like you're the 20yo spoiled child that's not getting what they want. You "deserve" nothing. You pay for a product / service and if you don't find it's the value that you want, move on.

I certainly won't be standing outside any of the entrances slamming WDW and trying to convince people to go to Universal.
Why not? You slam them here every day.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Actually, it looks more to me like you're the 20yo spoiled child that's not getting what they want. You "deserve" nothing. You pay for a product / service and if you don't find it's the value that you want, move on.

Why not? You slam them here every day.

I don't slam them everyday. I just call it like I see it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster

And if that's the attitude we all took,things at WDW won't get better. You can just accept the sub-standard levels, or you can make noise and let them you know you want more. It happened in the mid 80's. Things were stagnant, attendance dropped. Eisner saw this, did something about it, made things at the resort infinitely better, and things turned around.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
My apologies, but your original post and the posts you've made in response to others are incongruous.

• On one hand you're planning to write to Disney to let them know you've entirely cancelled your August trip next year because of their "utter indifference", on the other you're going ahead with two trips in the interim and "still love WDW and will definitely be going back".
  • On one hand you're "left ... cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts", on the other you're "certainly not giving up on WDW. It's still my favorite place in the world."
You go on to suggest that "Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve." Um, follow suit with what, exactly?

You're not the only one perplexed here... :rolleyes:

Nothing to be perplexed about. I love WDW, but there are many things they're doing (or rather, not doing) and this is my way of making my voice heard. Just because you love something doesn't mean it is without faults. I just feel as though WDW's faults have gone on for too long unchanged. I know it won't do much good, but as I said, if people start talking to Disney with their money, things will change. As I said, it happened in the 80's.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
I didn't post that with pricing in mind. I meant, the probability of Disney or anyone noticing, or anything being done about it would be about the same. That is the "Good Analogy"

I agree. However, if more people stop going or speak up, things will change. One person can't change anything, but one person has to start everything.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom