So my stand against WDW has begun

captainkidd

Well, yes and no. We're still going in July and January since we have AP's that we already paid for months ago. However, both trips we're renting points from a DVC member. I also cancelled our trip next August entirely.

I did a lot of reading on these forums last night about the current state of things at DLR versus WDW. Having never been to DLR (first time next summer), I can't speak for those. However, I can speak about the state of WDW. As anyone else here, I love WDW, however, I can't continue to ignore the obvious problems. I liken it to having to shut off a 20 something year old child who keeps asking you for money. If you don't stop giving it to them, they'll never learn, no matter how much you love them.

It isn't the price increases that is driving my decision. It's the lack of improvement I'm seeing at the resort as a whole.

-Yeti, still broken.
-Countless effects on Splash Mountain not working.
-No new E-ticket attractions in 5+ years.
-Disregard for simple maintenance issues at the GF (lightbulbs on Narcooses's.)
-Horrible video condition of Soarin'.
-Shared buses at resorts that charge over $400 per night.
-Lack of action regarding rude visitors (flash photography, smokers.)
-Closing of a classic attraction, simply to add another meet and greet.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Disney's utter indifference towards it's "Crown Jewel" has simply left me cold, bitter, and no longer wishing to spend any more money on their park tickets or resorts. Little good it may do, but I intend on sending Disney a letter stating all these reasons and more. Let's just hope that others will follow suit and finally, we'll all get the WDW that once was and we all deserve.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Another couple of things I'm not sure I understand:

1) People keep complaining that no money is being spent in the parks and it is all going to DVC resorts (which, by the way, I am fine with some of the budget being spent on DVC resorts as I am a DVC member). Meanwhile, the Fantasyland Expansion is in full swing, Test Track is undergoing refurbishment, Thunder Mountain just finished being refurbished, and Avatarland is being planned. How is it that no money is going into the parks?

2) I'm confused about the problem with shared buses. What is the proposed solution? Private limos for every resort guest? I've never seen a problem with the buses and have always found them (for the most part) convenient. Yes, we are paying $400 a night for the experience of staying on resort property, but you knew that when you booked the room, correct?

Just some observations.

1) If your house is falling apart... and you paint the garage.. do you say "see honey, I'm fixing it.. I promise!". Things are happening, but they happen well after they should (run it until its deplorable), and they aren't happening enough to catch up to where they should be. They are basically running things into the ground.. and the expectations get so low because of its current condition.. if you fix anything some people are praising the lord for fixing it. Forgetting.. it should never have gotten that bad to start with, and their 'fixed' product still isn't as good as the original product they started with!

2) why is the bus experience for a deluxe property basically the same as a value? Why couldn't deluxe have a shorter cycle.. or maybe better stops? There are lots of ways to improve that still use buses.

Upvote 0

rufio

1) If your house is falling apart... and you paint the garage.. do you say "see honey, I'm fixing it.. I promise!". Things are happening, but they happen well after they should (run it until its deplorable), and they aren't happening enough to catch up to where they should be. They are basically running things into the ground.. and the expectations get so low because of its current condition.. if you fix anything some people are praising the lord for fixing it. Forgetting.. it should never have gotten that bad to start with, and their 'fixed' product still isn't as good as the original product they started with!

2) why is the bus experience for a deluxe property basically the same as a value? Why couldn't deluxe have a shorter cycle.. or maybe better stops? There are lots of ways to improve that still use buses.

To answer your previous post, I'm willing to wait awhile. I love WDW as it is. I would love it if they would add more, but look at the economy! And they are making improvements, albeit slowly. It is what it is, like it or leave it. As far as the buses, I think that many things distinguish between value and deluxe resorts. I am honestly a little shocked that you're complaining about having to be on the same buses as "those people." Again, how would you propose they fix it?

Lastly, why are you here if your dislike for Disney World is so strong?

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member
To answer your previous post, I'm willing to wait awhile. I love WDW as it is. I would love it if they would add more, but look at the economy! And they are making improvements, albeit slowly

So the economy is the excuse for the last 15+ years? I sure hope you aren't holding your breath.

As far as the buses, I think that many things distinguish between value and deluxe resorts. I am honestly a little shocked that you're complaining about having to be on the same buses as "those people." Again, how would you propose they fix it?

WTH? I never said such a thing. The poster was complaining about the bus experience when paying for what should be a 4-5 star hotel experience. There are ways to improve the bus experience without saying 'don't use buses'. And none of that had anything to do with the garbage you made up above.

Lastly, why are you here if your dislike for Disney World is so strong?

You have serious reading comprehension issues.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
2) I'm confused about the problem with shared buses. What is the proposed solution? Private limos for every resort guest? I've never seen a problem with the buses and have always found them (for the most part) convenient. Yes, we are paying $400 a night for the experience of staying on resort property, but you knew that when you booked the room, correct?

Just some observations.

Many people who book Deluxe Resorts at $400 per night I'm sure are shocked when they find out they have top share buses with other resorts. This is actually the easiest fix of all. Have separate buses for each resort, at least the Deluxe Resorts.

Upvote 0

rufio

WTH? I never said such a thing. The poster was complaining about the bus experience when paying for what should be a 4-5 star hotel experience. There are ways to improve the bus experience without saying 'don't use buses'. And none of that had anything to do with the garbage you made up above.

Again, what is your proposed solution? You keep saying that you can improve it, but you haven't given an actual solution.

Upvote 0

rufio

Many people who book Deluxe Resorts at $400 per night I'm sure are shocked when they find out they have top share buses with other resorts. This is actually the easiest fix of all. Have separate buses for each resort, at least the Deluxe Resorts.

THAT is an actual solution. Unfortunately, not one that I think will actually happen.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Original Poster
Again, what is your proposed solution? You keep saying that you can improve it, but you haven't given an actual solution.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but it's pretty simple (and obvious): Each Deluxe Resort should have their own bus line. It wouldn't be that difficult. It would just be more expensive. That's the issue. Disney has no problem in charging crazy high prices for Deluxe Resorts, but it doesn't want to provide the service that goes with that price tag.

Upvote 0

flynnibus

Premium Member

That reading comprehension thing again... Scroll up a bit to an earlier post (you even quoted it) that had even simple points to start with..

Why couldn't deluxe have a shorter cycle.. or maybe better stops?

Where else could we go...
- reduce wait times with more buses
- add on-demand dispatch for deluxes
- add climate controlled bus stops
- add entertainment/atmosphere at bus stops
- use more upscale buses
- add CMs at hotel stops to facilitate loading better = faster dispatches

There are lots of possibilities. The point being is why should something sold as a DELUXE property have exactly the same amenities for transportation as something sold as a VALUE. Or really why a deluxe needs to rely on buses in the first place is a larger problem..

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
One of the things that made one laugh, was hearing the pontifications of a well lubricated, well attired and well enhanced MILF complaining about sharing a boat with the "trailer trash" from Fort Wilderness. It is true that class cant be bought. Like wise why should my trip from my log cabin be polluted by the over applied perfume fumes from a silicone enhanced booze addled tart because shes over indulged on the Scottish fighting water.

Captain, I salute your stand.

Upvote 0

rufio

- reduce wait times with more buses
- add on-demand dispatch for deluxes
- add climate controlled bus stops
- add entertainment/atmosphere at bus stops
- use more upscale buses
- add CMs at hotel stops to facilitate loading better = faster dispatches

There are lots of possibilities. The point being is why should something sold as a DELUXE property have exactly the same amenities for transportation as something sold as a VALUE. Or really why a deluxe needs to rely on buses in the first place is a larger problem..

I do see your points and they are all well made. Once again, I do not think these things will happen in the near future, if at all, though it would be nice. I suppose I am just so happy to have the transportation at all, avoiding having to drive my car everywhere, that I have never thought to complain about it. Some of the hotel stops do have CMs. If I recall correctly, the WL bus stop was always staffed during my 2010 stay there.

You've said again that deluxe resort guests should not have to rely on buses. This is the point I was interested in your solution to. What would we be relying on, if not buses?

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

One of the things that made one laugh, was hearing the pontifications of a well lubricated, well attired and well enhanced MILF complaining about sharing a boat with the "trailer trash" from Fort Wilderness. It is true that class cant be bought. Like wise why should my trip from my log cabin be polluted by the over applied perfume fumes from a silicone enhanced booze addled tart because shes over indulged on the Scottish fighting water.

Captain, I salute your stand.
Where do I get the silicone booze tart with the whisky sauce?:)

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

A few light bulbs burned out, some paint chipped, rude visitors. I never even notice these things. What we notice is the beauty of the parks, the cleanliness, the wonderful food and much much more. But it's your choice whether to visit or not. The visitors who come and/or the folks at WDW probably won't even notice your not there.

Upvote 0

draybook

I quit reading after page 4. Captain, I applaud your stand and hope you return refreshed and hopefully Disney has their act together. As for the few loudmouths that have been in this thread, they're part of the handful of twerps from this board that like to flap their gums behind a computer screen, nothing more.

The ones saying "Disney won't miss you so bye" are the same ones that have let society go to heck in a hand basket. There's nothing wrong with criticizing something you love. It shows that you care about it.

Upvote 0

bubbles1812

I find the concept that DVC has caused TDO the ability to slack on park upkeep interesting. DVC owners are return guests, every year (sometimes multiple times per year). These would be individuals who would be more apt to recognize maintanance issues and be able to "track" or notice a downward spiral. Why would Disney want those types of guests? Isn't the current conspiracy theory floating around -Disney doesn't want a lot of repeat business, thus the new pricing structure?
You would think the DVC owners would notice the maintenance issues and track them...which, many DVC members have. The problem is that they haven't become a vocal force for change like they could be and as say the locals in California are. Maybe they will in the future if Disney begins to feel stale to more and more people as is the case with captain and many others already on here. And Disney would still want those guests because they are committed revenue...for years and years and years they are going to be committed revenue. And money trumps all.

Upvote 0

vinnya1726

You would think the DVC owners would notice the maintenance issues and track them...which, many DVC members have. The problem is that they haven't become a vocal force for change like they could be and as say the locals in California are. Maybe they will in the future if Disney begins to feel stale to more and more people as is the case with captain and many others already on here. And Disney would still want those guests because they are committed revenue...for years and years and years they are going to be committed revenue. And money trumps all.

Great Point! I think when leadership changes at WDW and I think it will in the near future some or all of the issues addressed in this thread will be dealt with. It is still my favorite place, but I would not mind seeing some money spent on a few new attractions in Epcot and Hollywood Studios. As for the meet and greet where SNOW White was, they could have put another ride in their and maybe they will one day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom