So long Living Seas!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks mousemerf, I`ll work on it! Always nice to have help :)

BTW, you don`t know where the VIP lounge was do you? The upper level Seabase plan shows a large room with tank windows continuing around from SBA over the Sea Cab tube... any ideas? Or was this just false perhaps?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would the lower part be more like this? I`m not sure about the queue route, and could you elaborate on the door to Coral Reef? The restaurant I guess, and would it be roughly where the red spots are?

The doorway at the entrance, would this be to the left of the main doors or inside and on the left (I assume to enter the left hand theatre bypassing the queue and holding area) - the green blobs? So many spots and blobs!

When I get this nailed down I`ll do a far far better layout plan of both floors. Thanks!

Attachments

• Living seas myplan rev1.jpg
    Living seas myplan rev1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 47

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The side wall of the now unused preshow theater creates the wall with the plastic picture and seas logo that is on the left as you come to the exit hydrolators.

I have a good overhead shot of the entire pavilion if you need me to upload it. Essentially, there's a lot of space. Behind the wall with the etrance mural is with where the unused theater and preshow are hiding.

Lounge is on the second floor above the ride area. Coral Reef is the that block tacked on the side. Where the ride enter the tank, it's aligned with the side of the main wedge that covers the entrance area. It turns 90 degrees - off center - and then goes to SeaBase Alpha, where it's aligned with the lockout chamber between the two modules, above which is a visible roof hatch. Give me a few mins and i'll post the overhead pavilion shot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for your help. One thing though; I just watched my 1990 home video. Luckily it was in the now unused theatre! You can clearly see the far wall just has the exit doors on (to Hydrolators) - the back wall has the entry doors. Does this make sense?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hmm...

Say it's a box.

A wall is at 12 oclock and is where the screen is located.

B wall is 3 oclock, C at 6 oclock, and D at 9 oclock attached to A ;)

What's on what wall? I know in the currently used preshow - you enter on D wall toward C, and exit on the toward-A half of wall D. Unless i'm horribly mistaken.

imagineer boy

Goodbye living seas. Have fun being ruined. :rolleyes:

I am 100% against this refurbishment. It will totally ruin the whole Future World theme, and it just won't work!!!!!!!! There are better ways to improve a pavillion than put Disney characters in it. I'm also really going to miss the hydrolators. Sure, it slowed capacity, but there's actually a solution! Put in more! Make them bigger! Sheesh!

At times I really do wish I were a head executive at the Walt Disney Company so I can prevent them from doing stupid stuff like this. Can anyone find that one photoshopped Alien Encounter sign that said "We are currently ruining this area for your future dissapointment." And it turned out to be true for SGE.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok, grow up.

We don't even know if the hydrolators are being removed. In fact, we know very little about the refurbishment.

And I can assure you that you know nothing about Future World's theme.

If anything - the hydrolators aren't being removed because they reduce capacity. They can actually function at twice the capacity they're currently seeing.

How can you be against something you have no clue about? Ignorance is bliss eh?

Magicot

I completely agree with mousermerf! Some of us are already getting really negative attitudes about this whole refurbishment at TLS. Most of us agree that progress is a good thing and TLS is in need of progress. Epcot needs a futuristic future world and if we never change its pavilions then we'll always be looking in the past. A lot of people assume that Nemo characters will be taking over the new pavilion- but you don't know that for sure- do you? We might be really impressed with a fresh new LS pavilion in a couple months- who knows? For me, I'll miss the old one, but I look foward to new and better things in the future.

General Grizz

imagineer boy said:

I am 100% against this refurbishment. It will totally ruin the whole Future World theme, and it just won't work!!!!!!!! There are better ways to improve a pavillion than put Disney characters in it. I'm also really going to miss the hydrolators. Sure, it slowed capacity, but there's actually a solution! Put in more! Make them bigger! Sheesh!

At times I really do wish I were a head executive at the Walt Disney Company so I can prevent them from doing stupid stuff like this. Can anyone find that one photoshopped Alien Encounter sign that said "We are currently ruining this area for your future dissapointment." And it turned out to be true for SGE.
I heard that the TLS Team is a really good one. Let's find out in November. . .

wannab@dis

imagineer boy said:

Hey look, the nay-sayers are showing up. Figured it was only time.

You have no idea what may be done, but you are bashing it before it even starts. It's a shame that people can't accept that change is necessary. TLS was in horrible shape and is a total was of space for MOST visitors. The diehards around here may wander around inside and imagine they feel the "spirit", but for the most part, Turtle Crush was the only thing the public saw as good.

I heard MANY comments on my last trip that were negative. If I hear them, I'm sure the WDW Research team has heard plenty also. It's time to see what they can do to bring life back.

If the hydrolators are gone, so be it. It's not the end of the world.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
tazhughes said:
Mousemerf, just a quick question will the seas be open on the 21st and close at park close or close at park close on the 20th?

It's last day is the 20th - operational weeks run Sun-Sat, and Disney tries to operate attractions on that schedule.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Day #3

Nemo's Got Friends

Lots of people have wondered how a animated film about fish from the reef's of Australia and with a lot of action taking place in the tank of dentist's office can do justice to the Living Seas.

Well, Nemo has good friends. Of course there are his fishy-friends which are now on display in one of the module at the Living Seas, but I was refering to some human friends - one in particular, Mr. Jean-Michel Cousteau.

A a bit about him:

(from http://www.fijiresort.com/about_us.shtml - the luxury Fiji resort named after him)

"Jean-Michel Cousteau, famed oceanographer and explorer, has spent his life communicating his devotion and concern for our planet to people of all nations and generations.

Son of the late Jacques Cousteau, Jean-Michel is dedicated to sharing with environmental adventurers his love of land, ocean and culture -- and his commitment to their preservation."

If you went to the page, there's a link at the bottom. A link that is also available from www.findingnemo.com the official Finding Nemo website.
http://www.oceanfutures.org/Nemo/index2.html

By golly! You mean they've already been using Nemo to educate children about the undersea world in a scientific and conservation minded manner since 2003? Why, yes, they have.

Go ahead and give the site a look, explore the various aspects. Not too shabby.

Jean-Michel was also featured on the Finding Nemo DVD in a mock-documentary. He even played to the humor but maintained the educational purpose of the mini-film.

Many people have said they don't want an animated fish as the ambassador to the Seas. Who better to fill the role than Jean-Michel Cousteau then? Maybe Nemo isn't the ambassador, but merely the voice as a tool.

SirGoofy

I can't wait for this rehab. I haven't been in LS on my last two trips, and the last time I was in there, I was greatly saddened. It was almost empty, it was depressing without the Seacabs, and it just seemed dreary. This rehab can only do good for LS. it needs new life, and I believe this rehab can do it. Sure there maybe some more Nemo added, but if it is done in an educational manner I don't see it as a problem.

uklad79

Shame no concept art has been released. I imagine they aren't going to do much otherwise they would have been keen to get out a press release and some artwork. It may all turn out to be nothing more than a clean up, paint job and new flooring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom