So just how long have you been going to Disney World?

WhatJaneSays

My first trip was a few days before Easter in 1985. Most of my extended family was driving down from the midwest to visit my grandparents for Easter. We headed out early and stopped over for 2 nights. I don't think any of us kids had ever been, and only my parents had ever been to Epcot. About 20 of us in 3 RVs descended upon Fort Wilderness. It was a very ... interesting trip

About 2 years later we moved to Florida just an hour and a half a way. I kind of lost track of how many trips we took, but it was at least 3-5 a year until I started going on my own ... then it increased. :oops:

mergatroid

Original Poster
I was very lucky to be at Walt Disney World on October 1,1971...my brother and I drove 12 hours to get there and slept in line at the Magic Kingdom..He and I were within the first 500 people into the park...it was a wonderful experience that I will never forget ... Have been to the World over 40 times over the years ....along with a couple cruises ...Can't wait until July when I will be back to celebrate my wife's birthday

Wow and double wow, that's quite an impressive story :cool:

Sans Souci

My first trip was in 1979. We stayed at the Contemporary.

It was a month after my 5th birthday and I remember my mom saying we were leaving on Wednesday. I remember packing these little suitcases I had (with probably a bunch of unsuitable items) on Tuesday night before I went to bed. When I woke up, I was ready to go and I was waiting for my mom and stepfather to get up and go. I couldn't wait any longer, so I went to see why nobody was getting ready. My mom and stepfather were still sleeping. I woke my mom up, only to be told we were leaving the following Wednesday. That seemed like a lifetime away for a five year old.

Schneewittchen

My first trip was in the summer of 1985 when my parents took me and my baby brother.

Long hiatus for 20 + years.

DH and I started going nearly once a year starting in 2007 when we got our motorhome.

Now all I think about is planning the next trip.

GrammieBee

Our first trip was in the summer of 1974. We were in our early forties with grade school and middle school aged children. Since then we have visited approximately every three years. Less when our children were in college and more when our grandchildren were young. Our children are now all in their fifties and the grand children are in their twenties and busy with their own lives.. Our last visit, by ourselves, was for three weeks (we are old and move slowly) in November of last year. If we are still around and able, we plan to visit again in the Spring of 2018. We never planned on visiting every year as there were so many other places and things we wanted to see and do. .

danyoung56

Although I avidly followed everything I could find on this new Disney park since the mid-60's, my first visit wasn't until 1979, when the band I was traveling with played a show near the park and then had a day off. I grew up near Disneyland, so it was totally fun to compare all the things that were the same and all the things that were different between the 2 parks. Sometime in the early 90's or so I started visiting from Dallas a couple times a year. There were a few extra trips as my work as a show services video engineer brought me to central Florida. And then there was 2014, when I was working at a really crappy job in a hotel in Dallas. On 4 separate occasions we found out on Thursday that there was no work for the next week AND NO PAY! On 3 of those occasions I went home, packed a bag, and jumped in the car for the 1&1/2 day drive to WDW. Fun to be there, but no fun not making any money.

I just finished my birthday visit a week ago, and I look forward to my next trip during the springtime Flower & Garden & Food & Wine Festival.

TARDIS

1994,1995,2008,2010,2013,2014,2015,2016. My parents had no idea what they started. Once I hit adulthood I can't stop.

Disneymom201

Our first visit was fall '05. Been every year since. Sailed The Dream once and ran The Wine & Dine Half in 2014.
DH and I are heading down for the first time alone to celebrate our 20th anniversary in 9 days

mergatroid

Original Poster
Thanks !...I have seen many changes since that first trip...some good...some not so good ...but will never stop going back

Me too hopefully. Strange thinking back to when there was just really the Magic Kingdom and some minor extras and yet it still seemed huge. Looking at what's available now in comparison is literally mind blowing.

ChubbyK

Me too hopefully. Strange thinking back to when there was just really the Magic Kingdom and some minor extras and yet it still seemed huge. Looking at what's available now in comparison is literally mind blowing.
You are so right about that...But Walt did say that it would never be finished

Cowboy Steve

1972... I was 6 and my sister was 2. My dad drove non-stop from NW Ohio to Orlando in about 14 hours in a VW Bettle. We are a little fuzzy on how many times we went in the 70's... but I think it was at least 3 visits. We had a camper and stayed at Jellystone Campground on one of those trips. Went in '83 (first time flying - it was on Delta and the plane was an L-1011). I was back for a short visit on my senior class trip in 1984... Again, a little sketchy remembering how many trips in the 90s - but know for sure we visited during the 25 year anniversary in 1996... and again to celebrate the new millennium in 2000. And of course our recent trips in 2011, 2012, 2014, and this year's upcoming trip.

niffer5150

since 2008. a friend invited myself and my daughter on her family trip with them. it was utterly overwhelming. it was all so much to take in i could hardly wrap my brain around all of it because it was SO different from disneyland. i couldn't believe how much more value you got compared to dl too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom