So, is Unleash the Villains still happening?

Monsterfan99

Last night was a bloody mess. We thankfully got in before parking became insane, but the lot was already near full at 4 PM. Got in line for a character spot at 6 PM, was told by managers of the area who we were waiting for....only for them to be wrong. Said characters were then 30 minutes late with the poor cast members having no clue what to do. When the characters did get there, you would think it was TMZ covering it. Crowds of 100 plus just mob rushing to take photos. When we finally got our photo 3 and a half hours after we started in line, the queue for line 3 was by the exit of photo area one. Those poor souls were being told at 9:30 "Don't get out line at 10:30 if you still want a photo".

Overall it was a fun event (Fireworks were outstanding) but just poor planning. The lower level cast members were clueless and there were way too many like that for it to be their fault. It was clearly they were not expecting anything near this crowd and it showed.

JungleTrekFan

Last Night was an amazing event. A little too long to get into the park (and i got there at 6PM) but
Entertainment was amazing.

Oogie Boogie and Shan Yu were both perfect Limited Time Villains, I also loved Hades being able to talk. I also heard Shan Yu was a face character as well, though i don’t know how true that is.

Lines for Great Movie Ride and Star Tours were relatively tame all night. The backlot was Dead, so we ate at Pizza Planet, which ran out of beer, and stayed open 2 hrs after it was suppose to close.
Fireworks were spectacular, we were able to get a nice spot right between American Idol and the Main Stage like 4 mins before fireworks started, and i was with a group of 9, so it worked out better than i expected.

The events could have easily been spread out a little more across the park to disperse more people, like having the DJ/Band on Streets of America/Lights Motors Action area. Im not sure where all the fireworks are shot from, but putting the stage in Lights Motor Action with the main party there, and possibly be a prime location to watch the fireworks, in that huge stadium. Then again they did try to close everything in the back around 10ish so that could have created another issue, with food, etc. Plus there is no attractions back there but muppets. When does that major HS refurb start?

Hollywood Studios has always needed a much more comprehensive transportation plan, and it really shows on nights like this and during the 4th of july and new years. Sam Lau really needs to look into that as his next project. Thankfully though when we left, traffic was minimal, since we left closer to midnight.

Overall I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the event, hopefully more will come from it.

Kitty17794

Well, sister and I sat at Steak and Shake last night and browsed our FB feeds, feeling bad for all our friends at Unleash the Villains… but being very grateful that we opted not to go. I seriously hope each and everyone one of who you attended or attempted to attend will take the time to make a (polite, but strong) complaint to Guest Relations or to their email address. The situation needs to be addressed. They ought to know better. It is their JOB to make these sorts of things run smoothly. They need to know we want our villains, but we don’t want this absolute nightmare trying to see them and enjoy what should have been an amazing time! :( It was SO disorganized!

DicksonGR

Would you rather hear YMCA and tween music?

I rather enjoy DJ Elliott.... although he's been using a lot of the same stuff in his sets of late.

Some of the music was good, I just felt it had no place at a Disney "Villians" event. With the musical talent they have at their disposal, surely they could trance up a few Disney songs... I dunno. Each to their own I suppose!

Travel Junkie

Anyone know what happened over at DLR? Did they have a big crowd too?

A mess. The traffic was backed up onto the freeway and took 45 minutes or more to park. Once they got in, people were greeted by this:
BUG8KF7CAAE21DD.jpg

BUGBTQTCYAEeAvL.jpg

jt04

A mess. The traffic was backed up onto the freeway and took 45 minutes or more to park. Once they got in, people were greeted by this:
BUG8KF7CAAE21DD.jpg

BUGBTQTCYAEeAvL.jpg

I think they now have proof they need to offer this more often to meet demand. And my grand design to encourage DHS to skew heavier towards an older demographic is having the desired effect. I really should be a paid advisor.

They should offer this weekly in October. IMO.

JimboJones123

Villians Night could easily become a regular thing.

First Fridays is a popular trend. Every first Friday. This would cut the attendance at this event by 30% amd also take a bit of pressure off MK and Epcot those nights.

Again, Disney missed the boat on TONS of $$$ by simply not having enough merch to sell and food/drinks that guest could buy without a half hour line.

The lines for food were just insane. Worst that I have ever seen at a Disney park.

Again, the one time Disney decided to innovate and use their vast vast properties, they miss the mark at increasing thr guest spening ny making spending just so dag gum difficult.

And how many guest turned away because the event was too difficult to get to?

1k? 3k? 5k? More?

And it was not a heavy teen crowd like Halloween Horror nights. It was young adults. Many spending (or wanting to spend) lots.

We left at 11:30, and there were still more people coming in than leaving.

Who needs Pleasure Island?

jt04

Villians Night could easily become a regular thing.

First Fridays is a popular trend. Every first Friday. This would cut the attendance at this event by 30% amd also take a bit of pressure off MK and Epcot those nights.

Again, Disney missed the boat on TONS of $$$ by simply not having enough merch to sell and food/drinks that guest could buy without a half hour line.

The lines for food were just insane. Worst that I have ever seen at a Disney park.

Again, the one time Disney decided to innovate and use their vast vast properties, they miss the mark at increasing thr guest spening ny making spending just so dag gum difficult.

And how many guest turned away because the event was too difficult to get to?

1k? 3k? 5k? More?

And it was not a heavy teen crowd like Halloween Horror nights. It was young adults. Many spending (or wanting to spend) lots.

We left at 11:30, and there were still more people coming in than leaving.

Who needs Pleasure Island?

Bingo!

secondstartotheright

Was there last night, it was pure madness. After wandering around trying to find out what characters would be where we eventually ended up in the line for Oogie Boogie and Jafar. The character rotating was crazy, almost comical. They brought out Jafar first and people were livid. Every single person who was in that line was there for Oogie. About 99% of everyone in line waited off to the side for him to come. Anybody could walk right up and meet Jafar because nobody in line wanted to, he was standing around doing nothing for most of his set. Same goes with Maleficent/Bowler Hat Guy-the latter was standing around for most of his set too. Shame because I would've loved to meet him!

JimboJones123

Was there last night, it was pure madness. After wandering around trying to find out what characters would be where we eventually ended up in the line for Oogie Boogie and Jafar. The character rotating was crazy, almost comical. They brought out Jafar first and people were livid. Every single person who was in that line was there for Oogie. About 99% of everyone in line waited off to the side for him to come. Anybody could walk right up and meet Jafar because nobody in line wanted to, he was standing around doing nothing for most of his set. Same goes with Maleficent/Bowler Hat Guy-the latter was standing around for most of his set too. Shame because I would've loved to meet him!
The rotating characters was absolute stupidity. Have them walk off and walk on and open up 3 more stations on the Streets of America. Feed the music back there as well.

jt04

I am sure people were by no means ready for this to wrap at 1 am either. Could be 2am easily.

Especially if the park had 3-4 more actual rides. 5 rides just does not cut it.

Exactly. So much potential with this park. Were any Star Wars villains present?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom