So is the Hyperion Wharf project dead?

lebeau

They quite often refer to fans opinions on future projects. Which is why they send frequent quests surveys. Another example is the Fantasyland changes. So they may not "care" about us the way Mommy does, but they certainly snoop around fan forums and ask guests opinions. :wave:

Those surveys are set up to get the results Disney wants. Obviously, there's no way either of us can prove our points, but I'd be shocked if Disney considers fans opinions in any serious way with regards to HW.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Supposedly the project is still breathing...

http://www..com/2011/06/29/hyperion-wharf-im-not-dead/

that response was sent april 18th though, so hard to say if it's still valid. Do we know how much the changes to the water system are tied to the buildings though?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
No, but I don't like the rule that children under 10 aren't allowed. I can't imagine anyone WANTING to bring their kids there, but if they did, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do so.

Because if I'm paying 500 dollars for a romantic dinner for 2, I dont' want some kid in there screaming, making noises, talking loudly, or otherwise disturbing my meal. No, not all will be like that, but there WILL be parents who bring their rowdy kids in there and it's not acceptable. I don't know why people insist kids have to be EVERYWHERE at WDW. Good job to Disney for putting this policy in place.

disneyny

Zach Divine's~ I couldn't remember the name of the place that was in the concept art where the old Harley building was. Thanks for reminding me as it was bothering me. Has the concept art been taken down?

John

STRIP MALL! Why would the average guest spend one penny in a store where they could find the same merch at home? It would be a dead horse on opening. What would be the draw? A themed Target store?

Yes, There are a lot of you who didnt care for PI, I am not one of them. I long for the day that I enjoyed PI. Do I think it will ever come back? Nope! Nor do I see any viable replacement. Resturants? Really? T-Rex is no more then a re-themed Rain Forrest cafe...ooops Disney already has those too.
What then... A Buster and Daves?...WOW! cant wait for that. They are all over the united states.

And to say PI wouldnt be what uncle Walt would want is just wrong. I can think of several things you could say the same thing about..I am not going to mention them because I know I would offend someone. Most people cant stand the smokers in the parks but good ol' uncle Walt died from smoking. Always had a ciggarette in his hand. So if you really want what Walt might have wanted we would still have "open smoking" everywhere.

All I can say is 15 yrs or so ago I visited PI and it was packed, money was flowing and everybody was dressed to kill and had a wonderful time. As the years passed things changed.....What changed? They open the gates and pffffft....everything changed thats what!

Now they really have no plan, they are making no money on the site to speak of and have NO CLUE!

Mouse Detective

Ok. So we know that the chances of the Clubs opening back up are slim. That leaves the options of what can go in the old Pleasure Island area pretty scarce.

As I typed on another thread, I don't think the addition of this store changes the possibility of some of the comedy and music clubs being reopened. The rumor is still out there.

And I don't think most people didn't like the Hyperion Wharf concept. What most of us didn't like was the fact that supposedly there would be no night life strictly for adults offered. Include a couple adults-only places with music, dancing and a comedy venue and most of us would have been thrilled to have that mixed in with the new wharf concept.

Much of the wharf concept was not really announced. The east side of the Island had concept art announced but the entire west side remained a mystery. I don't think they actually had a plan for the west side. When the water management district blue prints were published on the internet back in March, they just showed the Adventurers club building being demolished and replaced with grass. My guess is that everything is on hold; we could see some old buildings renovated and reopened as clubs and in conjunction with that the Hyperion Wharf concept will open at the same time but very much limited to the waterfront park and lots of lights but little else.

JustInTime

As I typed on another thread, I don't think the addition of this store changes the possibility of some of the comedy and music clubs being reopened. The rumor is still out there.

And I don't think most people didn't like the Hyperion Wharf concept. What most of us didn't like was the fact that supposedly there would be no night life strictly for adults offered. Include a couple adults-only places with music, dancing and a comedy venue and most of us would have been thrilled to have that mixed in with the new wharf concept.

Much of the wharf concept was not really announced. The east side of the Island had concept art announced but the entire west side remained a mystery. I don't think they actually had a plan for the west side. When the water management district blue prints were published on the internet back in March, they just showed the Adventurers club building being demolished and replaced with grass. My guess is that everything is on hold; we could see some old buildings renovated and reopened as clubs and in conjunction with that the Hyperion Wharf concept will open at the same time but very much limited to the waterfront park and lots of lights but little else.

I wish they would have left PI alone. It was perfect before. It had adult entertainment. It gave us big kids a second reason to visit besides just the parks. But if the clubs are gone for good, and I am guessing they are, then what else can really go there besides shopping and dinning? If Disney really is sticking to their desire to keep guests on property, the one thing it's lacking is a shopping experience. I know that I have had the desire to get an additional outfit once I was on property...the ideal world would give us Flamingo Crossing and a restored Pleaser Island. But sadly, the world isn't perfect. If the clubs are gone (besides Comedy Club) that will totally leave out Adult Entertainment. There will be a void that will need to be filled. Otherwise guests will leave property and giver other establishments their money. Bottom line...TDO has made a mess of this situation and it's too late to turn back now. And if we are going to get something that is needed anyway, it might as well be pretty. :shrug:

raven

Much, MUCH more is in store for the entire DTD area, not just PI. Currently many ideas are being hammered out as to how everything will work together but nothing will be finalized for quite some time. Hyperion Warf is just he beginning. :animwink:

njDizFan

Much, MUCH more is in store for the entire DTD area, not just PI. Currently many ideas are being hammered out as to how everything will work together but nothing will be finalized for quite some time. Hyperion Warf is just he beginning. :animwink:
So there IS a bold new vision.

:lookaroun

Going to remain skeptical til, something, anything, breaks ground

lebeau

So there IS a bold new vision.

:lookaroun

Going to remain skeptical til, something, anything, breaks ground

Agreed. I'm sure there are rooms full of plans. But until they start construction, I will remain skeptical.

I hope they wow me. Preferably before my kids go to college.

raven

Agreed. I'm sure there are rooms full of plans. But until they start construction, I will remain skeptical.

I hope they wow me. Preferably before my kids go to college.

I'll give you a little hope. Let's just say for now that the current DTD, PI and WestSide put together is only about 1/3 of the size it will be when it is complete. :animwink:

lebeau

I'll give you a little hope. Let's just say for now that the current DTD, PI and WestSide put together is only about 1/3 of the size it will be when it is complete. :animwink:

Sounds good. But so much for taking my kids there before they go to college! The oldest starts first grade in the fall, but at the rate this thing has been progressing I'm not sure I'll live to see it completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom