So I'm becoming one of those and a little miffed

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Actually one of my DS friends works TS. While a cute attraction about as boring to work in as Small World. Beyond that the air conditioning in TS is very inadequate especially in the load area and is miserable. He isn't a miserable person, he is actually a lot of fun, but working in a sweat box does take it out of you.

draybook

Gotcha! :) But in the example of the FP, we are aware, yet the need to pin a CM down on a 5 minute lead way. Some leads might say don't enforce 'till 5 minutes have past, others might hold tight. If there is a 5 minute wiggle on some attractions it is courteousness not something that should be demanded to be clarified, the clarity is in the time window itself. I understand the CMs annoyance, the error was not using a quiet voice when speaking to fellow CMs.

It's not hard to "pin down" a TSMM FP CM, as they are anchored to those machines.

ddbowdoin

Life is what you make of it. If you choose to look for inperfections you will find them in anything.

100% agree... it's the same thing with ANY niche. If you're a gearhead there's always something wrong with the new Camaro's X, a photographer... this lens has X issue, despite those being quite small and only being issues to those who are of the most utmost dedicated group.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I work a similar job and I too get a little annoyed at silly questions. If the ticket clearly states '12:00 - 1:00' why would you ask if you can come in at 1:15? Of course you are going to get annoyed if you get this asked a hundred times a day when it clearly states on Fastpasses that you must come in your window.

And why you have felt the need to quote different people to say the exact same thing is also annoying lol

There is a very long history of the back end of the fast pass window being meaningless. Many, many people knew it. A CM told me as much very early on and I took advantage of it ever since. I'm sure that is why they get asked the same question again and again, but they have to keep in mind it is different people asking them and not over-react or be passive aggressive and loudly talk about how stupid the guests question was when you are pretty sure they are still within ear shot.

Wesleyjohn

Original Poster
Well here is your problem.

Why would you ask about 'grace periods' anyway? You are given an hour to get back to the ride, if you planned properly then this would not be an issue.

I am not surprised she got angry although she was wrong to shout it out so that you could hear it though.

Well it wasn't long ago you could go back WHENEVER you wanted after the initial time. Just my last trip as a matter of fact, second last I read on these boards, I read of "grace" periods, like 5 min or something.

I can make it not an issue and have as far as timetables go, I KINDLY asked and got a answer with a slight tone, not much. But once I'm 30 feet away around the corner, I'm a screwball. Sorry. I Don't buy it.

It's over and having fun

WDW1974

Welcome to aMErica, home to festering selfishness that has been growing since 1946.

Why 1946?

I think things have gotten infinitely worse in the last 15-20 years. The last decade has been just ... I don't even know what to say to describe my feelings.

But @ParentsOf4 nailed it. If behavior is unacceptable if it happened to you anywhere in the real world (like McD's) than how the hell can it be acceptable a world-class family resort that caters to people from all over the globe and is supposed to be known for its unsurpassed guest service?

The answer is that it can't ... some folks just get high on Pixie Dust and grade Disney on a curve, like they would their favorite politcians, athletes, musicians, preachers etc,

Gabe1

Every once in a while I wish we had a hate along with a like choice. It does amaze me at times the direction some peoples minds immediately drift to. Ewe.

Tom Morrow

Every once in a while I wish we had a hate along with a like choice. It does amaze me at times the direction some peoples minds immediately drift to. Ewe.
Which posts are you referring to? It's pretty true at WDW (and anywhere I suppose) that you don't rise in the ranks just by doing your job well... heck, at WDW, you certainly don't even have to do the "do your job well" part...

thomas998

While I can certainly understand you being upset with the CM's comment, I agree with @DVC4bestvacations maybe the CM was having a bad day, to which we are all entitled. I wouldnt let it ruin my vacation though. You are certainly entitled to *raise the bar* in your expectations, but I wouldnt raise it so high that it puts you in a bad mood either :) You're at Disney, expect to have fun and relax (although when I took my inlaws to Disney decades ago, it wasnt such a magical time LOL) Enjoy the rest of your week and have fun!!!!

Do we all have a bad day? Yes... but we don't have to take out our anger on people around us. Would you like if the doctor performing surgery on your kid was having a bad day so he botched the surgery and killed your kid?

There can be no excuse for people in a customer service position speaking about the customers like that. Even if it were completely out of sight of the customers where only other cast members could hear it should never be done. Those types of comments are toxic and the worst thing for a place like Disney is toxic attitudes of cast members.

Had it been me I would have gone back gotten the name of the CM and made sure someone further up the food chain was aware.

DisneyDebNJ

Do we all have a bad day? Yes... but we don't have to take out our anger on people around us. Would you like if the doctor performing surgery on your kid was having a bad day so he botched the surgery and killed your kid?

There can be no excuse for people in a customer service position speaking about the customers like that. Even if it were completely out of sight of the customers where only other cast members could hear it should never be done. Those types of comments are toxic and the worst thing for a place like Disney is toxic attitudes of cast members.

Had it been me I would have gone back gotten the name of the CM and made sure someone further up the food chain was aware.
That analogy is a little extreme, don't you think?? I didnt say it was OK did I? But it happens, and to ruin a vacation over a cast member, makes no sense. IF this were me Id ask to speak to a manager or at the very least write to Disney's Customer Service

Gabe1

Which posts are you referring to? It's pretty true at WDW (and anywhere I suppose) that you don't rise in the ranks just by doing your job well... heck, at WDW, you certainly don't even have to do the "do your job well" part...

By your comments it seems you know exactly which two posts I speak of.

I'm assuming you speak of your experience Indicating "that" is how you got where you are in the world today and that is what you expect to "get" from others and worse the very young adults. Ewe Ewe. I can only imagine the guidance you will give your spawn. Can't believe you went on the record with that post.

Tom Morrow

I never said I approve of it and obviously it isn't limited to "sleeping with your boss" or whatever, but at WDW, CM's do not get rewarded simply for being great CMs. The discussion at hand is on the quality of service from CM's, and not actually being rewarded or recognized for doing your job well (beyond maybe a "pat on the back") is one of many factors as to why the level of service is declining, IMO.

Gabe1

I never said I approve of it and obviously it isn't limited to "sleeping with your boss" or whatever, but at WDW, CM's do not get rewarded simply for being great CMs. The discussion at hand is on the quality of service from CM's, and not actually being rewarded or recognized for doing your job well (beyond maybe a "pat on the back") is one of many factors as to why the level of service is declining, IMO.

Wow!

The phrase, 'the more you explain yourself the more you need to explain yourself' seems appropriate here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom