So, I Updated My Disney Experience App and...

BoarderPhreak

Care to elaborate about what happened with your credit card?
Apparently using two cards (one for room/tix and one for charges) confused the heck out of them. Room charges went to the wrong card, the WDW-imposed "credit limit" on the RFID card was maxed and we were basically left dead in the water at EC. First call to the resort (POR) and speaking with a regular CM netted lots of "no" and would've resulted in leaving EC, going to POR to straighten out and back to EC. Second call to manager allowed a credit limit raise of $500... But for some reason locked us out AGAIN later in the evening. Another call to POR...

Later that evening back at POR, dealt with another manager and got things straightened out by just putting everything on one card. Not ideal, but fixed. Got half a night's stay credit and a WDW van ride to/from room and then to MK.

Totally aggravating.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Apparently using two cards (one for room/tix and one for charges) confused the heck out of them. Room charges went to the wrong card, the WDW-imposed "credit limit" on the RFID card was maxed and we were basically left dead in the water at EC. First call to the resort (POR) and speaking with a regular CM netted lots of "no" and would've resulted in leaving EC, going to POR to straighten out and back to EC. Second call to manager allowed a credit limit raise of $500... But for some reason locked us out AGAIN later in the evening. Another call to POR...

Later that evening back at POR, dealt with another manager and got things straightened out by just putting everything on one card. Not ideal, but fixed. Got half a night's stay credit and a WDW van ride to/from room and then to MK.

Totally aggravating.
Wow. Unpleasent for sure.
I wonder if this is really a problem with the new RFID cards. Have you done similiar in the past?
Meaning, used two different cards through your KTTW for charges.

Must say i'm glad i won't have to worry about this particular issue myself. I only have one credit card, and currently i don't plan on tying it into my RFID for charges in the parks.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

Most definitely unpleasant - to suddenly find yourself in the middle of a park with NO MONEY... Since you're only carrying your RFID card.

The problem is that the system is new... And they're still working out details. For example, the "credit limits" on cards. You typically want kids to have say, $50 - while adults are much higher at $1,000. Signals get crossed quite easily. So no, I (nor anyone else) has really done this in the past.

My advice is to carry your normal RFID card and maybe one additional credit card (or cash) juuuuust in case! If you do find yourself in this situation, here's how to immediately rectify it... Call your resort (or have a CM do it for you) and ask to speak to the manager (not a regular CM). Tell them you hit your "limit" and need an immediate increase of $500 or so. This should get you through the day. If you plan to shop and/or having dining reservations, ask for $1,000 to be safe! Then when you get back to the resort, you can straighten things out - again, asking for the manager. Make sure to tell them about your unpleasant problem.

Upvote 0

luv

I hit the max once and couldn't buy water, lol. It was a pain in the butt. After that, I stopped using the KTTW for charges and just brought my cards along.

Plus, their little machines don't always work (though I've noticed a huge improvement in the last couple years) and some places don't take KTTW or even regular credit cards, so I carried cash.

Upvote 0

tookydo

I tried to log on to My Disney Experience today. After entering ID/PW it goes to a page that says "The sign in process has been changed. In order to access your account please provide the requested information." Everything is there with the exception of a "province" which is now a required field for me even though I have a US address with a PA zip code. It won't let me hit 'done' until I enter a province. So I humor it and select Toronto. Now I can hit 'done' only hitting 'done' takes me no where. It never leaves the page. What's up with this? Anyone have these issues today or in the past? Advice?

Upvote 0

jazznrachie

I've noticed that any reservations (resort & dining) I've made prior to this new system will not show up & when I try to link them it says that it's already been linked or something. The three dining reservations I've made more recently showed up on My Disney Experience right away & continue to appear on there. I also have called & was just told it is a known problem. So I've been entering everything in manually onto "My Itinerary" in My Disney Experience. So frustrating! I was sure they'd get this handled by the time we leave to go on our trip, but we're only 37 days away now & it's not looking good. So much for technology!

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

We leave in 10 days so I have been playing with the MyDisney app most every day for the past week and so far so good. The only issue I have had so far is I added a "reminder" for Mo'Rockin' on one of my Epcot days and it won't hold on to it. But is holding on to all my other reminders for that day, such as Illuminations and The British Experience. Definitely not a big deal. Everything else is working pretty good so far. I can see all my reservations, correct park tickets, etc.... I am interested to see how this works in the parks since I have Sprint and often am not able to get a signal in the parks.

Upvote 0

darthhaider

Original Poster
Had a lengthy discussion with tech support. Part of the issue may be that I am from Canada. Although I was able to access it before, the My Disney Experience portion of the web site is not available up here.

The guy I spoke to was great and tried many things to resolve the problem. It didn't work, but he did tell me that my concern has been forwarded. Nobody told me that in my previous three calls.

The saga continues...

Upvote 0

cooleo

Disney's IT department sucks. I can't get my reservations omn "My Disney Experience" and neither can I do online check-in. It's so very frustrating :mad:

I agree with pretty much everything that anyone has said here. I am having the very same problems. I too think very little of Disney IT. I sent them a pretty scathing e-mail which I have copied below for your enjoyment. :cool:

"This app is horrible. I finally got my coming vacation linked in the app after it initially told me that I entered the wrong info. Actually, the info I entered found my reservation but when I selected next to verify is when I got the error. Also, I then selected my wife & son from the provided list to show up in my plans. Once I saved it, the app now shows my wife twice & not my son; I am unable to change this. Further, when I select the ticket portion under My Reservations, it only showed my ticket. I selected the Friends & Family button at the top, select both my family members, click next and now it only shows my son. After I view my Son's ticket detail and go back, his disappears and now mine is the only one there again. My wife's ticket never shows. Not to mention that this app is very slow when measured against the standard of most apps these days. This is on cellular or Wi-fi. If the the rest of "My Disney Experience" & "My Magic+" is going to be anything like this, you can count me out. I don't want any part of any program that is run this poorly. I'll stay with the good old way of doing things spontaneously."

Regards,

:) Leo P. Bourg

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

I have been unable to link my boma res. on the website keeps saying it was already linked by te main person in the party Do not how that could be since that would be me lol

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I agree with pretty much everything that anyone has said here. I am having the very same problems. I too think very little of Disney IT. I sent them a pretty scathing e-mail which I have copied below for your enjoyment. :cool:

"This app is horrible. I finally got my coming vacation linked in the app after it initially told me that I entered the wrong info. Actually, the info I entered found my reservation but when I selected next to verify is when I got the error. Also, I then selected my wife & son from the provided list to show up in my plans. Once I saved it, the app now shows my wife twice & not my son; I am unable to change this. Further, when I select the ticket portion under My Reservations, it only showed my ticket. I selected the Friends & Family button at the top, select both my family members, click next and now it only shows my son. After I view my Son's ticket detail and go back, his disappears and now mine is the only one there again. My wife's ticket never shows. Not to mention that this app is very slow when measured against the standard of most apps these days. This is on cellular or Wi-fi. If the the rest of "My Disney Experience" & "My Magic+" is going to be anything like this, you can count me out. I don't want any part of any program that is run this poorly. I'll stay with the good old way of doing things spontaneously."

Regards,

:) Leo P. Bourg

I did the same exact thing, along with a nice little note about the limits of Fast plus, their undwater on hold music, and a few other tidbits.
I got a response that basically said..."yeah we're sorry - we're working on all that stuff..blah blah"

It wasn't a completely canned response so at least you know a human is reading it.
Hopefully they get the hint, but the bottom line is it's EXACTLY what @BoarderPhreak said -
We're a GIANT Beta team.
Kinda what Microsoft does with their Windows OS and Apple does with their IOS.....
"Here you go it's ready (not really)!!!!...Oh what there's a bug!!??? Hmm.....that's weird......let me take a look...can you describe the problem in detail please....."

Upvote 0

cooleo

Just checked my app at the top it says, "Leo's plans with Corinne & Joseph". However, down below it still shows my wife twice but not my son. Funny thing is I got an e-mail from WDW Reservations a couple days ago with my full reservation details and it has everyone listed properly. :confused:

Upvote 0

luv

Am I the only one who attempted to use it, found it glitchy and just quit?

I don't keep trying. I don't check back. I don't even open it. In fact, I think I took it off the iPad, lol.

I tried it. I quit. Unless they refuse to speak to customers, I'm not going to try again.

Upvote 0

BoarderPhreak

^ Nope, I did the same thing. Now granted, I didn't try it with the very last update (which was for "performance" among other issues). But it was too slow to be usable at all IN PARK. Go figure, back home it works fine (faster WiFi, apparently).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom