So, I Updated My Disney Experience App and...

cooleo

I've pretty much given up on it also. THe sad thing is when you advise them of the issues you are having via the feedback option, they don't even respond.

Upvote 0

Figmentation

I guess I should feel lucky my Nexus 7 tablet can't run it.
Maybe I should go work there, since I'm getting my degree in Informatics this May... maybe teach them over there how IT really is. lol

Upvote 0

RNjan1

Oh it's nice to know that I am not alone. I currently have three separate reservations and some show up one place but not the other, and when I try to link them they say there are already linked. I have dealt with IT three times and they always say that they got them linked and puff, they're gone again
Wouldn't care if I didn't want to make adrs using them for the 180 plus 10 soon

First, let me say this....I had to achieve this complicated task on my desktop....not the app itself.

Yes! I had doubles for everyone, except myself (primary guest). All I did was go to My Disney experience, scroll down to My Profile and click, then click on Family & Friends, click Add a Guest and then Add each guest you need to fix - except the primary guest, which was myself (and that cannot change). For example, we have 3 plus me in our party. So, I added those 3 people in - all brand new -and I could tell the new ones from the old ones because I added all their middle initials (which I hadn't before). Then, painstakingly, I went through and clicked on each new profile for my guests and linked every single dining reservation and the one resort reservation. After all of it, I then went back and deleted the doubles that were there before and it let me finally! It's because they had no reservations linked to them. And, I wanted them OFF MY APP! Lol. When I logged back on, it was correct and only the "new" people that I'd just added were there.

OH...one last thing....the easiest way to link reservations is by going to MY RESERVATIONS and clicking on MODIFY GUESTS for each dining reservation. All the crazy old guests will be in the drop down list and your NEW guests. Choose your NEW guests.

TIP:
Only when you are done linking your "new" people will you be able to un-link and delete your "old" guests.

VERY CONFUSING. I'm sorry :confused: But I hope you achieve success!

Upvote 0

cooleo

First, let me say this....I had to achieve this complicated task on my desktop....not the app itself.

Yes! I had doubles for everyone, except myself (primary guest). All I did was go to My Disney experience, scroll down to My Profile and click, then click on Family & Friends, click Add a Guest and then Add each guest you need to fix - except the primary guest, which was myself (and that cannot change). For example, we have 3 plus me in our party. So, I added those 3 people in - all brand new -and I could tell the new ones from the old ones because I added all their middle initials (which I hadn't before). Then, painstakingly, I went through and clicked on each new profile for my guests and linked every single dining reservation and the one resort reservation. After all of it, I then went back and deleted the doubles that were there before and it let me finally! It's because they had no reservations linked to them. And, I wanted them OFF MY APP! Lol. When I logged back on, it was correct and only the "new" people that I'd just added were there.

OH...one last thing....the easiest way to link reservations is by going to MY RESERVATIONS and clicking on MODIFY GUESTS for each dining reservation. All the crazy old guests will be in the drop down list and your NEW guests. Choose your NEW guests.

TIP:
Only when you are done linking your "new" people will you be able to un-link and delete your "old" guests.

VERY CONFUSING. I'm sorry :confused: But I hope you achieve success!

Thanks for the info, I will try this out. Now, you get the job with Disney. :D

Upvote 0

RNjan1

Thanks for the info, I will try this out. Now, you get the job with Disney. :D

I hope it helps because it helped me. I really had to play around with it. You may find out that you are successful in another way. But, the truth is, nothing should be this hard on any app or web-app. It's supposed to be simple for novice and family use, not challenging. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

cooleo

Actually, It did not work totally. I was able to add both family members all new. I then linked them to each dining reservation & removed their "Old self" from each. All good so far. I then linked my "New" wife to the Resort reservation & deleted the old one. Now the problem. I linked my son, the new one, to the reservation, deleted the old one & it still shows my wife twice but not my son. The funny thing is one of the times it shows my wife is with the OLD avatar that was with her name that I deleted & it shows her as a child. The other one is her new profile I created & linked up. I now feel like I have a dysfunctional family. LOL :mad:

Upvote 0

RNjan1

Actually, It did not work totally. I was able to add both family members all new. I then linked them to each dining reservation & removed their "Old self" from each. All good so far. I then linked my "New" wife to the Resort reservation & deleted the old one. Now the problem. I linked my son, the new one, to the reservation, deleted the old one & it still shows my wife twice but not my son. The funny thing is one of the times it shows my wife is with the OLD avatar that was with her name that I deleted & it shows her as a child. The other one is her new profile I created & linked up. I now feel like I have a dysfunctional family. LOL :mad:

Well, at one point, I actually had to call the Disney number on the app and let them know of a couple issues....And one of them was right first name, wrong last name. Sort of a same issue. The representative wasn't able to get what I needed because of a glitch but she had her IT manager fix it when he came on a different day. And, it was fixed. So, I think if you try that route, whatever "fixin" is left, the rep - or if you request the IT director/manager - then they can fix it. And, then it'll be pretty! Lol. Good luck and I wish you success so you can actually use the app on your Disney trip!!!

(the number I called was 407-939-3471)

Upvote 0

cooleo

Well, at one point, I actually had to call the Disney number on the app and let them know of a couple issues....And one of them was right first name, wrong last name. Sort of a same issue. The representative wasn't able to get what I needed because of a glitch but she had her IT manager fix it when he came on a different day. And, it was fixed. So, I think if you try that route, whatever "fixin" is left, the rep - or if you request the IT director/manager - then they can fix it. And, then it'll be pretty! Lol. Good luck and I wish you success so you can actually use the app on your Disney trip!!!

(the number I called was 407-939-3471)

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

Upvote 0

darthhaider

Original Poster
Hi again.

So, I just updated the My Disney Experience app again.

Good news? All of my family members and reservations still appear.

Bad news? There is no longer a Fast Pass Plus section.

It might be a bit farther off than I thought.

Upvote 0

cooleo

I spoke to the My Disney Experience help desk yesterday & they couldn't even fix the problem I am having as described here before. They had to forward my case on to IT & they are supposed to be working on it.

Upvote 0

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I haven't yet put this app on my iPhone and reading this thread doesn't make me want to. I'll have to see if curiosity eventually gets the best of me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom