Trip Report So I guess Disney thinks Canadians do not celebrate Christmas?? A Max Trip Report- COMPLETED

A big hello to all my Disney friends:

As the title suggest this is a trip report regarding our recent Christmas adventure at Walt Disney World

Why the title you ask? I will keep you guessing on that one for a few days at least

Details leading up to the departure can be found here:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-max-the-girls-and-the-boys-do-disney.951075/

This is my 6th trip report on these boards so hopefully you have read at least one before

The reason I say that is that my style might not suit all - I can probably sum it up as

1) Shoot from the hip
2) Do not pull punches
3) Definitely not PC
4) Not always PG
5) As much Seinfeld references as @Tuvalu can handle
6) Not too heavy or too light on the Pixie dust -keep it real and call it as I see it

Quick introduction will come from:

Day 1 - Travel Day towards the US but not quite beyond the comfort of home:
Friday Dec 21, 2018

The original plan was to drive from our home in Waterloo Ont Canada to Buffalo NY on Sat Dec 22.
With a 10:35 am fight a same day drive could have worked.

We switched it up to a drive on the day before and booked a hotel in Niagara Falls Canada

(our B&B in Buffalo backed out on us - @Doc Disney can try to explain how she let us down!!!)

So here we are at the Embassy Suites on Friday enjoying our homemade Mickey cookies

Me (Max, Andrew, Clarence) and Tricia

1546644042766.png

My younger daughter Cassie and Shane (BF)
1546644075148.png

and my older daughter Stephanie and her fiancé Jordan
1546644098857.png

and this is all of us at the Falls ( selfies are harder with six people!!!)
1546644121013.png

This report will chronicle Disney trip 28 for me and lucky(?) 13 to WDW.
It is also 13 to WDW for Tricia
The girls celebrate 10 trips to the world
Trip 2 for Shane (though his memory of the first is limited)

And - 1ST TIME FOR JORDAN!!!!!!

More Day 1 to follow and then off to Buffalo the next day!!!

Welcome aboard, ashore and wherever we are!!!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 Sunday Dec 23 - Magic Kingdom
So today is the only day that we go to the original WDW park.
With only 4 full park days (1 was travel to the Falls, 2 was mostly travel and 7 will be mostly travel) we really have 1 day per park

First bus ride of the trip (not many actually on the whole trip)
01AED4ED-97C6-414D-9389-510E31637763.jpeg

Arrived around 20 min before EMH rope dropped and went through really long lines at bag check and another person scanning one band per family and then finally the turnstile

7DMT was already over 30 min so we rode Pooh (no pic for some reason)

Then showed the boys the Beast castle (more on this later)

ED24F2CE-6441-4896-8457-92BC96A3BDA9.jpeg

Shane and I outside the not yet open tavern (no interesting chair pictures for us @LisaBelle !!)
721D8074-61CB-4F1D-855F-916C8847CAC9.jpeg
E3335B75-317B-4C88-9972-3B140C91AEE5.jpeg

Second ride was Little Mermaid with no wait
7E5E4F53-4E0F-4677-83F9-E4FD3D1AEF5F.jpeg

Ride selfie with Stephie!!
9C34B0ED-34C5-4FC3-AE90-CBC9E24578D8.jpeg
67254B26-4143-4694-B780-9E017EE0C4E0.jpeg

B5AE8EC7-C116-4E7C-8B2A-629AF9B9B61C.jpeg

FEBFEA5B-B14B-4193-8CBD-3151A4188378.jpeg

E0E0E0E1-4FFA-46BE-B08B-96E45672D80B.jpeg

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Next up was a trip to the circus
BC64933B-1058-4400-B596-BE6C1FBF0E56.jpeg

You have to have the newbie ride a flying elephant
D791D0BC-91C5-475A-BE6E-ED9132633F29.jpeg

Love the top hat
03BE2413-F164-438F-8D66-BA8B1EB01BB2.jpeg

Ride selfies
7849FD66-AC3E-4E93-91A0-CA8C93631956.jpeg
6516F572-051A-4C20-840F-7B9E860728D4.jpeg
9468929E-8576-44B1-8536-7AC3281A435E.jpeg

We found a clown at the circus
46778F8A-DC6F-4744-B7EF-B3357173E7A0.png

We then did Barnstormer (twice- no line so they sent us around again)
3339844E-DC57-49DD-98A6-9F81EC5B4127.jpeg

This sign is in the queue
3288557E-9CFC-43D1-B1A8-4851F336F715.jpeg

I wonder if it is a good ride;)

Note: the walk after barnstormer to exit the ride takes longer than the ride itself!!

I took this one as we walked passed to remind me that we did ride it first
FEB95B6D-691B-4A19-A2F5-640EB49771F9.jpeg

Max

MickeyCB

Next up was a trip to the circus
View attachment 340444
You have to have the newbie ride a flying elephant
View attachment 340445
Love the top hat
View attachment 340446
Ride selfies
View attachment 340447View attachment 340448View attachment 340450
We found a clown at the circus
View attachment 340456
We then did Barnstormer (twice- no line so they sent us around again)
View attachment 340451
This sign is in the queue
View attachment 340452
I wonder if it is a good ride;)

Note: the walk after barnstormer to exit the ride takes longer than the ride itself!!

I took this one as we walked passed to remind me that we did ride it first
View attachment 340453

Max
Max, love your hat! And so jealous! Trying to talk my family into what I am calling the Asian tour. Disney Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo. No takers as of yet. :(
Welcome to Stephanie, and looking forward to reading more of your family's adventures!

Songbird76

THE PLAN:
So for those of you who read/remember the lead up to this vacation one of the biggest concerns was where to stay

With 6 adults the normal Christmas resort ( Yacht Club - water view - 2 queen + trundle - just would not do

Here are a few excerpts from the PTR:

View attachment 339021
View attachment 339022

I booked this room setup over the phone in May

I called in late November and early December to confirm that this was still the reservation

The room was going to be on a lower floor but we were okay without a view

Mama Lion was happy that the whole group would be close together ( Note: we call this foreshadowing!!!!)

THE ACTUAL:
I walk up to the check in - Tricia is frustrated that all the rooms are ready yet at 4pm

Apparently check in is 4-6 pm - very strange to be that late in my opinion

The others go to the gift shop to check for magic bands for the boys

Eventually I am told only 2 are ready and they are on the 10th and 12 floor
View attachment 339026

Now I am a mechanical engineer so I ask - how are all the rooms expected to connect if they are on different floors?

She was confused - as were we

Finally a manager shows up and apologizes for the reservation screw up and states that he will make it better but he cannot get all on the same floor

My wife and I were like this
View attachment 339027

Eventually after a lot of discussion about their reputation of doing this previously
(I ACTUALLY MET SOMEONE ON THE LAST NIGHT WHO HAD THE EXACT SAME ISSUE !!)
And that this is a family vacation and that they are lucky that we did not have small children

We agreed to the following
1) 200 off per night for all 5 nights ( from 699 to 499 a night)
2) no resort fees
3)complimentary taxi to the Grand Floridian to make our ADR

So we saved over 1700 Cdn when all was said and done

The kids had two King rooms side by side (not connected) on the 12 floor of the Central tower (different elevator) and we had a two room King suite on the 10 in the West tower.
Yes - elevator to lobby and then switch to other elevator and back up to other room!!!

Pictures of the parents room
View attachment 339028View attachment 339029View attachment 339030View attachment 339031View attachment 339032View attachment 339033

Max
Wait...so you were supposed to have 1 suite that was basically 3 bedrooms, and you got there and they had put you in 3 separate rooms all over the resort? Oh I'd be ticked!!!

Songbird76

Hi everyone!
I’m Stephanie (max’s daughter) and I’ll be chiming in throughput some of this trip report and I’ll be taking over the report later on briefly (stay tuned). I’ll talk about food a lot! :)

At the GFC, I had trouble finding a dairy free vegetarian option but they offered to replace the salmon in the miso glazed salmon with tofu instead of salmon. Jordan got the miso glazed salmon enteee so we didn’t end up taking a picture of his meal because it looked just like mine but with salmon instead of tofu.
Hi Stephanie! Looking forward to your contributions to the report.

Songbird76

Cassie recently watched the whole series and when I mentioned your post she knew exactly what you were referring to.
Barney cropping out Robin and inserting other people(?) or pets(?)

Max
I think it's actually a reference to the episode where Ted brings a new girlfriend to Lily's birthday party and they go through the photo album of all the special events with a different girl in them who Ted can't even name anymore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say_Cheese_(How_I_Met_Your_Mother)

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Hi everyone!
I’m Stephanie (max’s daughter) and I’ll be chiming in throughput some of this trip report and I’ll be taking over the report later on briefly (stay tuned). I’ll talk about food a lot! :)

At the GFC, I had trouble finding a dairy free vegetarian option but they offered to replace the salmon in the miso glazed salmon with tofu instead of salmon. Jordan got the miso glazed salmon enteee so we didn’t end up taking a picture of his meal because it looked just like mine but with salmon instead of tofu.

Welcome to the boards!

MiniMax

I think it's actually a reference to the episode where Ted brings a new girlfriend to Lily's birthday party and they go through the photo album of all the special events with a different girl in them who Ted can't even name anymore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say_Cheese_(How_I_Met_Your_Mother)

Hi. I’m Max’s other daughter Cassie and might be joining in every once in a while !
Referring to this HIMYM conversation, this one is definitely correct. There is also an episode with Barney, it was the one that I thought of initially, where he crops Robin out of their couple photos so that Quinn doesn’t find out that they dated :)

DisneyGigi

Hi. I’m Max’s other daughter Cassie and might be joining in every once in a while !
Referring to this HIMYM conversation, this one is definitely correct. There is also an episode with Barney, it was the one that I thought of initially, where he crops Robin out of their couple photos so that Quinn doesn’t find out that they dated :)
I love your username! :) Welcome to the boards. Love your dad’s reports!

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Welcome Cassie!

Songbird76

Welcome!! I'm glad to see we should be getting even more snark around here!

krisri18

Welcome to the forums!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Hi Cassie! This is great -- another member of Max's family is joining in on the fun here! Welcome. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom