So I finally rode the new Test Track...

luv

Original Poster
...and they changed everything except the fact that it breaks down!! I sat in the car for about fifteen minutes. Waiting. Why didn't they fix whatever it is that makes it break down all the time??? If you ride it when it gets stuck, you should get a FP to re-ride later...so you get a full, uninterrupted ride experience.

It seemed faster to me. I don't know if that is just the new surroundings or if it really got faster.

I very much prefer the cleverness and creativity of the old one. There was a theme. It had a soul.

But I think this will be considered much cooler by today's kids, who have no idea who the Crash Dummies were. And if I look at it as an entirely different ride, I can say I like it. I wish they'd changed the name so it would be easier to look at it as a whole different ride. It does have more of a "thrill" feel to it.

The queue area is cheap-looking and exceedingly boring. I was very disappointed there. At the very least, they could hang up some pictures of cars or one that a baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet. A pic of the Crash Dummies would be nice, too. Something!

It really is very TRON Tracky!! I don't know who coined that term, but it is so appropriate.

That's my review. I know you were all waiting for me to ride it and dying to hear my impressions. ;) ;)

Since I avoided reading too much about it before riding (I love to ride new Disney stuff and have a new experience), I'd like to hear yours. :D

copcarguyp71

Agree with the automatic FP for guests stuck on a ride when it breaks down. If you wait in a queue for that long you deserve the experience that is due to you IMO. One little hiccup is not a big deal but sitting there for 15 minutes is excessive. Not too sure where to draw the line but 15 minutes deserves FP.

Still looking forward to riding is this Sept as it was closed in October when we were there.

captainkidd

I agree with everything except for kids liking it better. I think kids old enough to think the Tron look is cool will wonder what happened to the enviromental tests, while young kids (like mine) might be scared of the darkness and the lack of a human onride presence. As for me, personally, I agree that the ride no longer has a soul. Tremendous shame.

PUSH

I haven't ridden it, so I try not to judge it too much. But I think it fits Future World a lot better than the old one did. The old one belonged in "Modern Day World." From what I've seen, I think the queue area looks great. Again, take this with a grain of salt as I haven't ridden it yet, but that's my very early impressions based on pictures and video.

Irie

I like the new version better b/c it brings back the emphasis of a pavillion. If you just do the ride, I can see why some people like the old version better. However if you spend some time after the ride doing the interactive elements, you may like the redo more.

I noticed that since we had the kids, we spend less time exploring the pavillions. My wife and I used to explore every inch of Future World and World Showcase. Now we gloss over everything EPCOT (and AK for that matter) has to offer. We keep saying we will take a trip by ourselves and experience ALL the parks the way they were intended.

Zman-ks

I like the old ride better!
75.gif

Me too....but still love this one. :)

DfromATX

Don't get mad at me, but I thought it was boring before. If it's worse now, I may as well skip it, but we'll test it out in June.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Hey, It's fun to be free baby. Anyhoo, I felt like the speed of the ride (interior and exterior) varied a lot on the old Test Track. When I got what I felt was a "fast" ride it seemed a better experience. I'm not sure about the fastpasses for an stopped ride. If they handed out fastpasses everytime you rode something that had an issue, that would be a whole crapload of fastpasses. My bet is that if you pursued the matter after you got off, they may have given them to you. I know where you're coming from, because it is disappointing to have the ride stop for a long time.

CP_alum08

You pretty much nailed how I feel about the redo. The old ride felt like it taught you something (regardless of how GM ACTUALLY tests cars), it felt very EPCOT, now it feels very Epcot.

And!!! The old pre-show was one if the best in WDW, maybe THE best and now we have nothing. I think that's the part that bummed me out the most.

Kobe!!

Not sure why you didn't get a FastPass or anything, I've been on several rides in the past when they have broken down or had some sort of problem and have always got a FastPass or a Guest Service Card out of it.

disneyflush

My wife rode it for the first time last week while in town for a conference and said, "I guess its ok. Not sure what I was expecting but it was ok. Its like a bunch of things and then you go fast." So there you have it.

matt9112

I think they should have changed the name to Sim Track - doesn't it say on the ride "welcome to the sim track". Test Track still has the notion of test-ride dummies, whereas Sim Track connotes some type of simulated/computerized experience.

so your ride "car" is not going 60+? the old ride was so tired and 90s....sorry things change...i like the clean,futurish,sim feel of it because....it fits in with Epcot. but thats my two cents

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom