So I finally rode the new Test Track...

luv

Original Poster
Did it seem faster to you? It seemed faster to me.

None of the "design a car" stuff was working when I did it. I will have to go do this again.

wdwjmp239

My wife and I had a chance to ride the new Test Track on Saturday, March 9th, 2013. When we arrived at Epcot at around 10:30am, there was a 50 minute wait to get on. We waited the entire time just taking in the new queue area and comparing what we liked about the old queue area versus the new queue. We were pleased to say we liked the new queue area simply because the music was more pleasing to the ears. The new queue area was really well done. I enjoyed the concept cars that were on display and the idea that you can "design" your ride gave its riders an opportunity to interact with the ride itself. The loading area is the same, though, it just seems cleaner in design. The big changes come when you're actually inside on the track. Very "Tron"-like.

The one thing we noticed about the performance of the car was that it felt heavier and felt like it went much faster. Now, we're not sure if it's because we haven't been on this ride for awhile now (we have two kids who are under the minimum height requirements for the ride) or if the cars actually got a re-design. Though, we didn't see anything substantially different when we boarded. Has anyone else felt the difference in the car's performance?

After getting off the ride, we definitely preferred Test Track v 2.0 over 1.0. Sometimes change is good. Nicely done, Disney! :)

wdwjmp239

My wife rode it for the first time last week while in town for a conference and said, "I guess its ok. Not sure what I was expecting but it was ok. Its like a bunch of things and then you go fast." So there you have it.

Wasn't that the way it was with the first version of Test Track? There were a bunch of things and then you go fast? The facelift was needed, though. :)

ExtinctJenn

Did it seem faster to you? It seemed faster to me.
I tried to really pay attention to the speed on our 2nd time riding it last week because folks have commented about it so much. I still truly believe that it's no faster (and I'm pretty sure the ride system wasn't changed at all) but feels faster because instead of riding around in a big open area you're surrounded by walls. I used the example of how fast you feel driving down the interstate during construction where there's a big concrete wall to your left and how it makes you want to slow down because you feel like you're going faster. Same idea here I think.

wdwjmp239

I still truly believe that it's no faster (and I'm pretty sure the ride system wasn't changed at all) but feels faster because instead of riding around in a big open area you're surrounded by walls.

The walls? On the inside of the track? But even the inside seemed to have run a little faster than usual. I don't know. I'd have to ride it again to get a fair assessment of the ride performance. It just "seemed" faster. I'll be back at Disney in September. :)

ExtinctJenn

The walls? On the inside of the track? But even the inside seemed to have run a little faster than usual. I don't know. I'd have to ride it again to get a fair assessment of the ride performance. It just "seemed" faster. I'll be back at Disney in September. :)
Yes walls on the inside... instead of a big open area there are now walls on each side of you as you go through each scene. :)

Runmyhorse

I
...and they changed everything except the fact that it breaks down!! I sat in the car for about fifteen minutes. Waiting. Why didn't they fix whatever it is that makes it break down all the time??? If you ride it when it gets stuck, you should get a FP to re-ride later...so you get a full, uninterrupted ride experience.

We havent gotten to ride the new one yet. We are hoping to be there in oct. So fingers crossed. My daughter and I loved the old one so im hoping we will like the new version. We never broke down though when we rode it. I guess we happen to hit it lucky on that part. :) I guess im just one of those if it isnt broke why fix it. I guess it needed to be more modern. :(

It seemed faster to me. I don't know if that is just the new surroundings or if it really got faster.

I very much prefer the cleverness and creativity of the old one. There was a theme. It had a soul.

But I think this will be considered much cooler by today's kids, who have no idea who the Crash Dummies were. And if I look at it as an entirely different ride, I can say I like it. I wish they'd changed the name so it would be easier to look at it as a whole different ride. It does have more of a "thrill" feel to it.

The queue area is cheap-looking and exceedingly boring. I was very disappointed there. At the very least, they could hang up some pictures of cars or one that a baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet. A pic of the Crash Dummies would be nice, too. Something!

It really is very TRON Tracky!! I don't know who coined that term, but it is so appropriate.

That's my review. I know you were all waiting for me to ride it and dying to hear my impressions. ;) ;)

Since I avoided reading too much about it before riding (I love to ride new Disney stuff and have a new experience), I'd like to hear yours. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom