Snow White's Scary Adventures

disneycraze

Original Poster
I went on it yesterday and I asked a CM if it was really closing and this was what she said " yes it will be closing for good it is expected to shut down late April of 2012" Idk what you guys think think but isn't April a little bit late? I mean if they want to close it and get a move on with FLE they should close it soon cause I believe FLE is gonna open 2013 (please correct if I'm wrong) and all I'm saying is that they should try and get FLE open quicker

boufa

Fle will be openning in phases over several years. The completion of one part does not necessarily effect the timing of other areas.

I would think April might be pretty good timing if it's correct. I read on Inside the Magic that the first phase of the new Storybook Circus with Dumbo and The Great Goofini and the station open next spring. So maybe when they open the first phase of storybook circus they will close snow white???? Maybe???? Taking a guess

disneycraze

Original Poster
Snow White needs to stay open for as long as possible for capacity reasons alone.

Yea I guess so, but am I the only 1 who thinks snow white is a classic and shouldn't close , yes I know about the dwarf roller coaster but still. Why not close down sir mickeys and make it whatever they want to make snow white or just build another building where the dwarf coaster is

GoochDSA

....Idk what you guys think think but isn't April a little bit late? I mean if they want to close it and get a move on with FLE they should close it soon cause I believe FLE is gonna open 2013 (please correct if I'm wrong) and all I'm saying is that they should try and get FLE open quicker

It won't need "that" much work after it closes. They are keeping the building/structure as it is, so as far as I understand it they are just gutting the inside and slapping on a new paint-job. I can't see it taking them too long.

Yea I guess so, but am I the only 1 who thinks snow white is a classic and shouldn't close , yes I know about the dwarf roller coaster but still....

While I agree that it is a classic and hate to see it's closing, SWat7D are getting a new ride and SWSA is the least popular of the dark rides and just doesn't seem to get enough traffic (at this moment, according to the UT app on my droid, Peter Pan's Flight and MAoWtP both have 40 min. waits, SWSA has a 10 min. wait).

Scuttle

Yea I guess so, but am I the only 1 who thinks snow white is a classic and shouldn't close , yes I know about the dwarf roller coaster but still. Why not close down sir mickeys and make it whatever they want to make snow white or just build another building where the dwarf coaster is

I use to think that, but not anymore. I only have a problem with using a decent sized show building for a meet and greet. As for SWSA closing I have no problem with it. The mine train will be amazing and will have a hourly capacity that doubles SWSA I'm sure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
SWSA closing won`t impact FLE. What is planned for the building should take a matter of months to complete.

TP2000

The mine train will be amazing and will have a hourly capacity that doubles SWSA I'm sure.

Hmm... I'd been wondering about that myself. The Mine Train coaster doesn't seem to have a very high capacity. All the artwork and ride diagrams point to a two-train operation, with six cars carrying four passengers each, for 24 riders per train. Let's be generous and say this ride will have a 2:30 minute ride time, and a train leaves every two minutes. (My hunch is the ride will have a ride time barely over two minutes though)

24 riders x 2 minute dispatch interval = 720 riders per hour

That's a smidge higher than Peter Pan's Flight, but almost the same as the current Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong and the Dwarves coaster will have a third train and a lower dispatch interval.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I love this ride, but for the last idk, 5 times? i've been on it, it would stop about 3 or 4 times and the lights would go on, then hearing a screeching cast member yell "YOUR RIDE WILL BEGIN MOMENTARILY" about 6 times. What's been up with that?

I think it should be converted into a Dumbo or 3 Little Pig dark ride, imagine what new technology could be used for one of those. A meet and greet, gutting half of the building? I thought we were already trying to stop that in EPCOT. Oh well, at least it isn't/wasn't as noticeable as both of the Skyway stations that they're taking down. :shrug:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Tom

Beta Return
I went on it yesterday and I asked a CM if it was really closing and this was what she said " yes it will be closing for good it is expected to shut down late April of 2012" Idk what you guys think think but isn't April a little bit late? I mean if they want to close it and get a move on with FLE they should close it soon cause I believe FLE is gonna open 2013 (please correct if I'm wrong) and all I'm saying is that they should try and get FLE open quicker

Well, that actually makes sense. Phase 1 (LM and BatB) is supposed to be complete by April 28, 2012. It would make sense that they open the new Fantasyland, migrate the princesses over, and start work on the Mine Ride.

jt04

Gut the interior.
Build four M&G rooms.
Add an inside queue area.
Add some backstage areas.

There you have it...Princess Fairytale Hall.
:rolleyes:

Isn't this supposed to be a 'placeholder' anyway? I thought the person who informed us about all this (and proved 100% right so far) said there are longer range plans for that spot several years from now.

Hmm... I'd been wondering about that myself. The Mine Train coaster doesn't seem to have a very high capacity. All the artwork and ride diagrams point to a two-train operation, with six cars carrying four passengers each, for 24 riders per train. Let's be generous and say this ride will have a 2:30 minute ride time, and a train leaves every two minutes. (My hunch is the ride will have a ride time barely over two minutes though)

That's a smidge higher than Peter Pan's Flight, but almost the same as the current Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong and the Dwarves coaster will have a third train and a lower dispatch interval.

Sounds like it will be an enhanced version of Barnstormer so I am not sure it needs a serious capacity on par with a D-Ticket omni. I think it will be popular especially when new but long term it doubt it will have wait times that are overwhelming.

Tom

Beta Return

The storage bay is setup to house 4 trains.

Jakester

Well, that actually makes sense. Phase 1 (LM and BatB) is supposed to be complete by April 28, 2012. It would make sense that they open the new Fantasyland, migrate the princesses over, and start work on the Mine Ride.

Really ??
Sooner than i expected, but im not complaining

Lee

Adventurer
Phase 1 (LM and BatB) is supposed to be complete by April 28, 2012.
Jumping the gun. That area won't be open that soon. Much later in the year.

Isn't this supposed to be a 'placeholder' anyway? I thought the person who informed us about all this (and proved 100% right so far) said there are longer range plans for that spot several years from now.
I was told, a year or so ago, that such was indeed the case. Not that there are any concrete plans for the building, but that the whole thing was being done with that in mind.

Sounds like it will be an enhanced version of Barnstormer so I am not sure it needs a serious capacity on par with a D-Ticket omni. I think it will be popular especially when new but long term it doubt it will have wait times that are overwhelming.
No. It's much more than just an enhanced Barnstormer.
I expect 7DMR to be the new anchor of FL, and the most popular ride back there for years to come.

jt04

I was told, a year or so ago, that such was indeed the case. Not that there are any concrete plans for the building, but that the whole thing was being done with that in mind.

No. It's much more than just an enhanced Barnstormer.
I expect 7DMR to be the new anchor of FL, and the most popular ride back there for years to come.

I hope you are right. The concept has incredible potential.

Tom

Beta Return

Hmmm. The specs called for an April 28, 2012 completion date, with an Add Alternate to complete by December 28, 2011. Maybe that was just for the site development package.

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmm. The specs called for an April 28, 2012 completion date, with an Add Alternate to complete by December 28, 2011. Maybe that was just for the site development package.
I believe that is the case.
Scheduled opening later in the year. Around this time, I believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom